Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

The Last Man on Earth (Fox) TV Show • Page 21

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by LuigiPeppercorn, Mar 31, 2016.

1. Jake Gyllenhaal

Wookie of the Year Supporter

The show is as dead as this poor sap...

[​IMG]

2. lati

formerly spaghettti Supporter

I guess we can just assume those people all killed them

Kingjohn_654 likes this.
  3. jjnunn118

Signal Vs. Noise Prestigious

It's a bummer that we're never gonna know what crazy celebrity they were gonna kill off in the season premiere!

alina and Jake Gyllenhaal like this.
  4. Brent

Trusted Prestigious

Finally watched the finale this morning... literal goosebumps when they panned over to the people standing in the field. I'd like another season.

5. Dinosaurs Dish

Prestigious Prestigious

Miss this show so much.

6. tdlyon

Most Dope Supporter

I wish Forte would at least post a script of a series finale or something online. Even just like an outline of where the plot was going

I'm still really mad they thought it would be a good idea to end on a cliffhanger again

7. Dinosaurs Dish

Prestigious Prestigious

I'm guessing it was a gamble to do a cliffhanger to generate enough interest to have companies want to sign on for a final season. Just didn't pay off.

:(

8. Can't believe like 3/4 of the shows that got cancelled these last few months were picked up by another service or network, but this one didn't.

Dinosaurs Dish likes this.
  9. chewbacca110

He wrenches on it. He thinks it's his.

It's maddening.

10. Nyquist Jul 12, 2018
    (Last edited: Jul 12, 2018)
    Nyquist

I must now go to the source Supporter

I’m going to hold out hope forever that some day this show gets a revival series on Hulu or Netflix or some platform just to close it out.

11. chewbacca110

He wrenches on it. He thinks it's his.

The Last Movie On Earth.

Give it to me.

12. kbeef2

Trusted Supporter

13. Dinosaurs Dish

Prestigious Prestigious

That would have been amazing.

Petit nain des Îles likes this.
  14. Dinosaurs Dish

Prestigious Prestigious

Just finished this show for the second or third time. It really is something special; I can't think of any other show to compare it to.

It created and lived in its' own niche that balanced bizarre and original humor with legitimate poignant emotional moments about the point of life and death, what it means to be a human, depression and loneliness, relationships, children, legacy, etc... And the characters were so well written and developed that I care about them as much as I do for dramatic movies or shows, like Mad Men for example, but in this show they're making fart jokes and puns and singing stupid as hell songs to an accordion.

It's disappointing that we didn't get one more season to neatly wrap everything up, but the more I think about it, I'm not sure where else they could have gone that wouldn't end up with either them in a hairy situation like what we saw in the series finale or just them moving from place to place like Tandy talked about. I re-read that article a few pages back and I think the author was pretty on point when he said:

I really love this show. And each time I watch it, it means more and more to me and I think the morals and themes it covered will stick with me past most every other show I watch.

I hope I'm able to keep recommending it to friends and family and they go on to love it as much as I do.

15. Dinosaurs Dish

Prestigious Prestigious

I forgot to mention a few other things:

The cinematography is stunning. Every episode has beautiful landscapes and wide angle shots that linger and show off how amazing the desert or the ocean or wherever they go looks. It’s unlike any other sitcom here as well. What kind of show takes the time to display this kind of stuff? Holy hell

The music is catchy, interesting, and original. No surprise seeing that Mark Mothersbaugh was behind it, he’s awesome.

They handled cameos and short-lived celebrity characters perfectly. Each one came along at the exact right time or were teased in such interesting ways. It must have been a blast to be a part of the cast and crew to get such great character actors to come in and nail it.

16. coleslawed

Eat Pizza

Todd waiting for Tandy when he’s trying to ditch him is priceless.