Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

The Last Man on Earth (Fox) TV Show • Page 20

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by LuigiPeppercorn, Mar 31, 2016.

1. I’ve thought about that too. Haven’t finished the newest season yet but it didn’t feel at all like the show was setting up for any kind of ending from the last episode I saw (just before Mike’s return).

Someone earlier in the thread had a theory that matched mine where everybody dies except for Tandy — I’d still like to think that’s where they were headed but have no idea how they’d get there.

JRGComedy likes this.
  2. manoverboard365

Trusted

With the cliffhanger this ended on I feel like they can really wrap up the story with just a few more episodes.
    I really hope that Hulu talk pans out.

coleslawed likes this.
  3. Opened IG and Cleopatra’s post was the first thing I saw and :verysad::verysad::verysad:

4. Nyquist

I must now go to the source Supporter

5. quietwords

RIP EmoPunkKid28: 2002-2016 Prestigious

I haven’t seen any articles claiming they are trying to make a deal with Hulu... anyone care to share?

6. Jake Gyllenhaal

Wookie of the Year Supporter

Yea I'm not getting my hopes up until something is official for this or B99

7. manoverboard365

Trusted

Brent, Larry David and Nyquist like this.
  8. manoverboard365

Trusted

To be the optimist here, remember that Community got revived for its 6th season. And Mindy Project got revived by Hulu for an extra 3 seasons. Crazier things have happened.

Larry David likes this.
  9. Dinosaurs Dish

Prestigious Prestigious

I kept reading on reddit in the comments section people were tweeting that there were already rumors of them talking with Hulu about potentially getting picked up for a shortened final season, but after googling a bit, I'm not able to find anything like that.

10. manoverboard365

Trusted

Being reported now that Hulu is looking into picking up Brooklyn Nine Nine, no word on LMOE though.

Larry David likes this.
  11. Probably unpopular but I’ve never seen an episode of B99 that I enjoyed

12. Dinosaurs Dish

Prestigious Prestigious

I like it and think it's funny, but it doesn't have the creativity and heart of LMOE.

Kingjohn_654 and Larry David like this.
  13. Sal Paradise

Trusted

B99 was picked up by NBC, maybe that will open the door for Hulu to snag Last man?

Larry David likes this.
  14. It took me starting from the beginning to fall in love with it. It’s a grower.

15. Larry David

I'll see you again in 25 years Prestigious

16. Dinosaurs Dish

Prestigious Prestigious

Good article.

If it never gets picked up or anything, I guess it's better than the show going on too long and eventually start sucking. Went out on a high note at least.

17. Anthony_ May 14, 2018
    (Last edited: May 14, 2018)
    Anthony_

A (Cancelled) Dork Prestigious

Yeah, uh, no to that article. Forte deserves to be able to end this show on his own terms, not have it disappear abruptly after ending on a pretty shocking cliffhanger. One more season to wrap up is all the fans really want, even if it's a shortened one; nobody wants it to go on forever.

Also I'm sick of being told by people like the author of that Vulture piece that I should be happy/grateful that as many seasons of "X critically beloved show that got poor ratings" were made as we got. I'm not happy about this going out the way it did and I'm not going to be. Just like I'm still pissed about Bryan Fuller not getting to finish Hannibal. It sucks.

coleslawed and Vivatoto like this.
  18. manoverboard365

Trusted

Someone should pick this up for just a measly 6 episode final season. That's all it'll take to wrap this story up.

coleslawed, irthesteve and Anthony_ like this.
  19. Anthony_

A (Cancelled) Dork Prestigious

Yeah it really only needs at most a 13-episode renewal. But they could do it in less I'm sure.

20. kbeef2

Trusted Supporter

A lot of times when a show ends on a cliffhanger, it works as a dark and/or ambiguous ending. Hannibal is a great example of that. But this ending doesn’t work that way at all because it frames the other people as a threat and this show is so goofy that we know it’s not going to murder its entire cast in one swoop. It sucks that the show ends on a cliffhanger but it’s more the show’s fault than Fox’s fault. The writing was on the wall and they chose to risk it with a cliffhanger.

21. manoverboard365

Trusted

Yeah I think they should've prepared a little better. Like last year when the fate of New Girl was on the fence, they filmed an extra scene to tack on just in case they got cancelled. Once they got wind that they could a short 8 episode final season, they took off that one scene.

22. tdlyon

Most Dope Supporter

Yeah that's the same thing I said when the news first broke. They knew this show had been on the bubble for years, and were at the end of the fourth season (when shows typically hit syndication numbers), so they really should have prepared better

Jake Gyllenhaal likes this.
  23. Connor

we're all a bunch of weirdos on a quest to belong Prestigious

So.... how do we get this thing picked up by Hulu?

24. tdlyon

Most Dope Supporter

Would have happened by now I think. Unfortunately I think this show is dead

Larry David likes this.
  25. Dinosaurs Dish

Prestigious Prestigious

What a shame.