Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

The Last Man on Earth (Fox) TV Show • Page 19

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by LuigiPeppercorn, Mar 31, 2016.

1. Larry David

I'll see you again in 25 years Prestigious

Fucking please let this happen

fenway89, coleslawed and Kingjohn_654 like this.
  2. kbeef2

Trusted Supporter

Critical acclaim doesn’t make money! They gave it four seasons! They didn’t write the cliffhanger! I’m not happy the show got canceled but sometimes it’s just not the network’s fault.

And I guess LMS is actually a Fox production, so they’re techno picking up their own sloppy seconds? Idk, I hope it fails miserably

3. Anthony_

A (Cancelled) Dork Prestigious

My point is they clearly aren’t too concerned about money here, as evidenced by the LMS revival. But sure!

4. kbeef2

Trusted Supporter

What? The LMS deal is all about money. It’ll probably get higher ratings than this show which means more money for Fox and more episodes for them to sell into syndication. CMT is like wall to wall reruns of LMS, Fox is basically printing money with the revival.

5. Anthony_

It’s a cancelled series that had low ratings and was universally panned. Doesn’t sound like printing money to me. I don’t understand where all this faith in a once-canceled sitcom to be a ratings smash is coming from, but like I said, sure!

6. kbeef2

Trusted Supporter

It’s not going to be a ratings smash but it’ll be a steady performer. Its ratings at the time of cancellation were objectively higher than LMoE’s ratings this season.

ABC canceled the show because they didn’t produce the show, they just aired it. So they didn’t make any money off the syndication. Fox is reviving the show because there is (inexplicably) an audience for the show and they produce the show so they actually make money off of the syndication. And if a show does well in syndication, as LMS allegedly is, everyone involved in the production makes a tooooon of money.

7. Dirty Sanchez

Prestigious Prestigious

Fuck

coleslawed, Kingjohn_654 and Anthony_ like this.
  8. jjnunn118

Signal Vs. Noise Prestigious

When the show got cancelled Tim Allen blamed the decision on his conservative political leanings. This lead to all the right wing nut jobs getting behind him which boosted his syndication numbers. People will watch the new season if only to "own the liberals" and Fox will be riding that hard. Guarantee Tim Allen shows up on Fox News leading up to the premiere to promote the new season as "a win for conservatives everywhere"

9. JRGComedy

Trusted Supporter

if y all posted in the thread this month while the show was airing, it'd still be around haha

fenway89 and Kingjohn_654 like this.
  10. lati

formerly spaghettti Supporter

^ yeaaaaa that’s exactly why it was cancelled.

FUCK I’m sad and angry. I loved this show’s characters and charisma and now there’s nothing else I watch (or WILL watch for that matter) on Fox

Kingjohn_654 and JRGComedy like this.
  11. JRGComedy

Trusted Supporter

Bob's Burgers is still good

coleslawed and Kingjohn_654 like this.
  12. lati

formerly spaghettti Supporter

That’ll probably get canceled and family guy will get 6 more seasons.

13. Kingjohn_654

Longtime Sunshine Prestigious

Please no.

14. coleslawed

Eat Pizza

[IMG]

15. coleslawed

Eat Pizza

very upset at this news

Kingjohn_654 and Dirty Sanchez like this.
  16. Vivatoto

Royal Court of Princess Donut Prestigious

Fuck Fox

Kingjohn_654 and Anthony_ like this.
  17. manoverboard365

Trusted

Not only did LMS have better ratings than LMOE ever did, it got a lot of attention after its cancellation for being deemed a right wing show. Now with the pro trump Roseanne revival being a ratings smash, Fox is capitalizing on that by bringing LMS back. It makes total sense, and will do much better than LMOE ever did.

18. Anthony_

Silver linings

JRGComedy likes this.
  19. Jake Gyllenhaal

Wookie of the Year Supporter

20. Anthony_

21. Jake Gyllenhaal

Wookie of the Year Supporter

22. Anthony_

23. Dinosaurs Dish

Prestigious Prestigious

Forte is a God.

24. Sincerely not down with never knowing how this show was supposed to end

25. JRGComedy

Trusted Supporter

I've been wondering if Will had the ending included in his original pitch or if they've been making it up as they go along with no real idea how it is supposed to end either.

coleslawed and trevorshmevor like this.