Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

The Last Jedi (Encore Episode 156) Podcast

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, Dec 20, 2017.

1. Melody Bot

Your friendly little forum bot. Staff Member

This article has been imported from chorus.fm for discussion. All of the forum rules still apply.

On this week’s episode of Encore I am joined by special guest Thomas Nassiff to talk about one of our favorite topics: Star Wars. This episode is full of spoilers all about Star Wars: The Last Jedi, so I would highly recommend you see the movie before listening. We give our thoughts on the film, break down favorite and least favorite scenes, and talk about catching up with favorite characters, both old and new. Also porgs.

I wanted to get this episode out before the holiday weekend so you’d have something to listen to while visiting family and friends. I hope everyone has a wonderful holiday and a Merry Christmas, thank you to everyone who reads and supports this website on a daily basis. I truly appreciate it.

Hosts

Show Notes

Subscribe

You’ll always find this podcast at encore.fm.

You can subscribe to this podcast in iTunes, via any podcast player using our RSS feed, on SoundCloud, via Overcast, in Google Play, or on Stitcher. You can also find all of our previous episodes archived on our podcast page, iTunes, or on SoundCloud.

If you have any follow-up, questions, or a topic you’d like us to cover on a future episode, please send a tweet using the hashtag #askEncore. If you’d like to follow this podcast on Twitter we are at @encorepodcast. We love hearing from listeners and are always looking for topics both big and small to tackle. So, let us know!

If you like the podcast, could you please rate and review us on iTunes? It really does help. If you’re using the great podcast player Overcast, please hit the “recommended” button on the episodes you like. And if you have any friends that you think would like our podcast, please let them know! Word of mouth and telling people about this podcast will always be the best thing you can do to help us out. We really appreciate it.

This podcast is sponsored in part by our listeners. If you listen and like what we’re doing, and want us to keep producing new episodes, please consider supporting us.

Information about advertising on this podcast can be found on this page.

2. dogdad

Regular

Great podcast. Really solidifies a lot of my personal opinions on this film.

Jason Tate likes this.
  3. kylethrash

The brushing the dirt of your shoulders part was the worst movie moment of the last 10 years.

4. Jason Tate Dec 22, 2017
    (Last edited: Dec 22, 2017)
    I’ve got a list of movies you shouldn’t ever see ... heh.

5. KyleK

Let's get these people moving faster! Supporter

Struck me as a pretty reasonable reaction if your goal was to further antagonize your adversary so as to maintain the distraction for your friends to escape.

6. dlemert

Trusted

Yeah a lot of the comedy in TLJ didn't work for me at all but that was one of the few parts that did.

7. kylethrash

You think that's what Luke Skywalker would do after spending all that time on that island - a reference to a 2003 rap song? Poe making a "your mom" joke in the beginning. Yoda saying "wasn't really a page turner". So many things about this movie were complete trash.

8. kylethrash

Felt like they inserted jokes from punch up writers from a 2017 Award show to the script.

9. "How do you get so big eating food of this kind?"
    "When 900 years old you reach… look as good, you will not."

Yoda's said stupid shit/jokes since the beginning. Haha. That's Yoda.

littlejohn and scottlechowicz like this.
  10. kylethrash

All the Star Wars have jokes just not usually this bad as to where you can see the jokes being jammed in.

11. Yes they are. Hahaha, they're corny as shit! Have you seen Return of the Jedi?

12. kylethrash

Yeah dude of course man. Jesus. My point was delivery and subject matter in my opinion seemed off on this one. Your point is it's always been bad. Sick.

13. It has always been bad and corny. I dunno why anyone would say different, that’s why I made a comment about how this was very tonally Yoda. Felt perfect for him to make that crack at Luke. Some of the other jokes were as hit or miss as the OT, but Yoda was great.

14. kylethrash

You don't know why anyone would say different? Literally Rian said he was worried about the humor to Vanity Fair - a lot of criticism was directed at the humor from multiple publications. Maybe that's why someone would say differently.