Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

The Kingkiller Chronicle (Franchise Thread)

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by OhTheWater, Nov 30, 2016.

1. OhTheWater Nov 30, 2016
    (Last edited: Nov 30, 2016)
    OhTheWater

Let it run Supporter

Lin Manuel Miranda just signed on to Lionsgate's "multi-platform adaptation" of the books.
    I haven't read any of them, just ordered the books out of sheer curiosity. I've heard good things
    There are two books out right now, The Name of the Wind and The Wise Man's Fear. The third part of the trilogy is currently being written.

The Kingkiller Chronicle - Wikipedia

https://theringer.com/lin-manuel-mi...le-fantasy-adaptation-dfe6e3f5a4ba#.n5sjssag8

That article sold it pretty well

Any fans? Any RIYL? I'm hearing Harry Potter and Game of Thrones.

2. tucah

not champ Prestigious

It's a very good series. A more "adult"/fantasy Harry Potter is a decent example, or perhaps The Magician series if you've read/heard of that, because a large portion of the story so far takes place at a school for magic, it's not nearly as wide reaching or epic as Game of Thrones. There's an element of music to the series that will make Lin-Manuel a great fit (the main character was raised by musicians). It's also a very good fit for an adaption - more limited in scope. I'm excited, could be really great and needed after GoT ends in a couple years.

It's been a while and once I finish up the current fantasy beast I took on (Sanderson's works), I'm going to do a quick reread of the books in this series plus the novella (The Slow Regard of Silent Things) I never got around to. The author is...not the fastest writer, to put it mildly, the wait since the last book has actually been longer than that of A Song of Ice and Fire/GoT.

OhTheWater likes this.
  3. WordsfromaSong

Trusted

I'm not much of a fantasy fan but I've been thinking about checking the books out for awhile. Looks like it's about to become the new big thing.

4. Vivatoto

Royal Court of Princess Donut Prestigious

The books are great, should be a good series.

5. scottlechowicz

Trusted Supporter

Just started my first re-read of these.

I remember liking, but not loving, them on my initial read. I look forward to seeing how they fair a second time around.

6. GBlades

Trusted

Rothfuss has such a beautiful way of writing that a re-read can feel so fresh and open.

7. DickyCullz

I create content for some of your favorite artists

I keep meaning to reread these but I might wait until Doors Of Stone exists

8. I hereby join the club of waiting for book three.

Vivatoto and GBlades like this.
  9. DickyCullz

I create content for some of your favorite artists

I’ll believe it when I see it

10. GBlades

Trusted

Grab a snack, it might be a while.

I mean, I'm so happy I've read the series but I need a new one.

11. GBlades

Trusted

Lin Manuel Miranda still actively mentions KKC sometimes so I can see he wants to but I don't really see the appeal right now when fans just wants some form of book 3 acknowledgement from Pat.

12. Garrett

i tore a hole in the fabric of time Moderator

For someone who consumes as much fantasy as I do, I wish I *got* these books. But man. I hated both of them. And will hate read the third if it ever exists.

13. [​IMG]

Garrett likes this.
  14. Garrett

i tore a hole in the fabric of time Moderator

I do really appreciate the little fantasy community we’ve got here, though, between the fantasy books/wheel of time/Sanderson threads.