Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

The King of Staten Island (Judd Apatow, June 12, 2020) Movie • Page 9

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by Serh, Jun 30, 2019.

1. Serh

Prestigious Prestigious

2. Serh

Prestigious Prestigious

soggytime likes this.
  3. Serh

Prestigious Prestigious

irthesteve and popdisaster00 like this.
  4. phaynes12

https://expertfrowner.bandcamp.com/ Prestigious

i’ll be the Juddge of that

5. tdlyon

Most Dope Supporter

I hope there's some combination of Seth Rogen, Jonah Hill, Jason Segel, Craig Robinson, Bill Hader, Leslie Mann or Martin Starr involved

The premise already kind of reminds me of This Is the End lol

6. soggytime

Trusted

Yeah it certainly does sound like Apatow's Pandemic This Is The End.

Based on the all-star cast, I'm assuming it's going to have a mix of Apatow regulars like Seth Rogen, Jonah Hill, (probably Pete Davidson now) as well as A-List stars ala Knives Out, all playing themselves.

It also sounds like this is Apatow making a pure comedy again, which I am here for. No one stacks a cast with funny people and gives them all moments to shine better than him.

7. NJPunkMusic

Die rad.

Sounds like This Is The End
    I'm 100% watching!

8. iCarly Rae Jepsen

run away with me Platinum

hopefully by the time it comes out I won't be like fuck no I don't want so see James Franco and Jay Baruchel complain about how bored they are in quarantine or whatever

9. Serh

Prestigious Prestigious

hbo 1/9

coleslawed and RyanPm40 like this.
  10. brigid

is this thing on Prestigious

i finally watched this because it's on hbo max now - honestly i would have preferred the movie to be 75% firehouse shenanigans with steve buscemi vs the 25% it really was. it did give me mad "i miss new york" feelings, there were funny jokes but the first half of it felt awkwardly strung together imo. tangentially, here's a photo i took from atop the staten island ferry, i got to go up there because one of my friends drives it haha

[​IMG]

11. youll be fine

Trusted Supporter

Yaaaa this was great. Loved it.

12. stayillogical

Kayak, deed, rotator, noon, racecar, Woo Young-woo Prestigious

I finally watched this and surprisingly loved it. I was even into the slower pacing of the first half. I don't know, I really enjoyed watching his relationship with mother, sister, friends, girlfriend, and new father figure.

imthesheriff and soggytime like this.
  13. soggytime

Trusted

Made my top 10 of the year. I really loved this movie.

I've started to see this get pushed a lot in For Your Consideration ads. I doubt it gets any noms tho

imthesheriff and DrAlanGrant like this.
  14. Driving2theBusStation

Regular

Just saw it and liked it a lot. I think I'm a Pete Davidson fan now. Anyone catch his Netflix hour? How is it?

15. tdlyon

Most Dope Supporter

Was honestly pretty disappointing, and I usually really like his standup. It felt kind of underdeveloped, like he was still working on the material. Not terrible but not his best, I'd recommend finding his first special SMD instead

16. chewbacca110

He wrenches on it. He thinks it's his.

SMD is great - Netflix hour is garbage. Felt extremely half baked.

17. manoverboard365

Trusted

Netflix hour isn't that great but I definitely laughed out loud at some moments. I love the bit about Louie CK yelling at him, but he was stoned so he thought to himself "nah that didn't happen."

18. iCarly Rae Jepsen

run away with me Platinum

imthesheriff likes this.
  19. jjnunn118

Signal Vs. Noise Prestigious

Great cast but hard pass

Why is everyone so obsessed with making Pandemic comedies? We’re still in the middle of the fucking thing

RyanPm40 likes this.
  20. irthesteve

formerly irthesteve Prestigious

what's the story of behind-the-scenes of Jurrasic World 3, that part certainly piques my interest

21. jjnunn118

Signal Vs. Noise Prestigious

“Sources tell THR the project takes inspiration from the real-life making ofJurassic World: Dominion, the sixth installment in the Jurassic franchise, which saw its cast stuck in the United Kingdom for months during the pandemic lockdown, with production stopping and restarting several times due to positive COVID-19 tests.”

22. irthesteve

formerly irthesteve Prestigious

Hmmmmmmmm doesn't seem very eventful, haha. I was hoping for some DRAMA behind the scenes or something

coleslawed likes this.
  23. Serh

Prestigious Prestigious

judd producing

imthesheriff likes this.
  24. Serh

Prestigious Prestigious