Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

The King of Staten Island (Judd Apatow, June 12, 2020) Movie • Page 3

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by Serh, Jun 30, 2019.

1. imthegrimace

the poster formally known as thesheriff Supporter

I’m good on a crashing movie. I’ve worn thin on Pete Holmes.

Aaron Mook and gonz (Alex) like this.
  2. tdlyon

Most Dope Supporter

Didn't realize I wasn't subbed to this, I'm a sucker for almost anything Apatow is involved with and I've really liked every movie he's directed, and I also genuinely really like Pete Davidson unlike a lot of other people so I'm really excited for this

eight30, blast0rama and allastud like this.
  3. Anthony_

A (Cancelled) Dork Prestigious

Yeah idk it’s hard for me to like him when he’s going on rants at standup performances where he uses the r-slur

4. Cameron

FKA nowFace Prestigious

And his terrible SNL songs, plus him essentially getting to take weeks off from SNL like a more privileged cast member. Though I’m sure it could be due to his sobriety.

5. soggytime

Trusted

Seeing comedies opening weekend with a packed crowd like Anchorman, Superbad, The Hangover, Borat, Forgetting Sarah Marshall, This is the End, 22 Jump Street, etc are some of my fondest movie going experiences.

Like these movies are 10x funnier when the laughter is shared. I'm sad that this experience has been disappearing in recent years, with some exceptions (Good Boys killed in theaters)

6. Zilla

Trusted Supporter

Well this is not a good situation.

JRGComedy likes this.
  7. Amc is definitely gonna carry those movies when they see their competitors down the road carrying them

Cameron, I Am Mick and Zilla like this.
  8. Serh

Prestigious Prestigious

i mean, good luck with that. they're just gonna decline asses in seats for jurassic world, bond, f&f etc.

Zilla and coleslawed like this.
  9. I Am Mick

@gravebug Prestigious

AMC is bordering on shutting down for good, feel like they aren't really in a position to deny business

10. Anthony_

Bond is Sony

11. Serh

Prestigious Prestigious

true. i was apparently thinking international

12. Anthony_

Theaters are in literally no position to bargain here, as their entire existence depends on studios giving them movies to screen. I truly can’t imagine a more futile gesture than that letter, especially because of how much potential it has to backfire spectacularly.

coleslawed likes this.
  13. Cameron

FKA nowFace Prestigious

Go home AMC you’re drunk

14. soggytime

Trusted

No Time To Die is actually Universal on the international rollout. MGM and the family that owns Bond are def going to flip out if they cant screen a Bond movie in Europe on as many screens as they possibly can

15. Serh May 7, 2020
    (Last edited: May 7, 2020)
    Serh

Prestigious Prestigious

16. tdlyon

Most Dope Supporter

Looks like this could be really good. Interesting that the trailer really seems to lean more on the heartfelt/drama stuff than the comedy stuff, usually marketing for Apatow stuff leans fully into the raunchy stuff

Cameron likes this.
  17. youll be fine

Trusted Supporter

Looks good. Pete was good in Big Time Adolescence

18. blast0rama

Internet human. Supporter

I think it looks great.

Can't wait to hear that it runs 150 minutes, though.

19. Looks good

20. imthegrimace

the poster formally known as thesheriff Supporter

I’m in.

21. soggytime

Trusted

This looks great. Kinda smart that they chose to market it more with the heartfelt dramatic elements. I think Funny People's marketing tried to make it look more like a typical comedy and it backfired.

22. Cameron

FKA nowFace Prestigious

Yeah this looks really special. Also had no idea buscemi was in it which is perfect since he was a volunteer firefighter during 9/11 I’m p sure.

23. Matthewconte May 8, 2020
    (Last edited: May 19, 2020)
    Matthewconte

Trusted Supporter

He was a full-time firefighter before he was an actor and then I believe came back for a few days after 9/11.

Cameron likes this.
  24. Cameron

FKA nowFace Prestigious

Yeah I couldn’t remember if he was before also. Thanks

Matthewconte likes this.
  25. Sal Paradise

Trusted

I thought Pete was better than expected in big time adolescence. Really looking forward to this one, especially after the trailer

soggytime likes this.