Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

The King of Staten Island (Judd Apatow, June 12, 2020) Movie • Page 2

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by Serh, Jun 30, 2019.

1. blast0rama

Internet human. Supporter

I typically like Apatow movies, even if I feel his movies are a bit shaggy. I think Davidson is the greater question mark here.

2. I Am Mick

@gravebug Prestigious

Yeah, I'm not wild about Davidson. But I'm curious.

3. Serh

Prestigious Prestigious

4. Serh

Prestigious Prestigious

think the sxsw cancellation will delay the trailer?

5. Serh

Prestigious Prestigious

Vase Full Of Rocks likes this.
  6. Serh

Prestigious Prestigious

kills me to know this won’t be the last instance of this type of thing...

7. Anthony_

A (Cancelled) Dork Prestigious

It's definitely interesting to see the studios admit so openly which movies they have no confidence in lol

8. blast0rama

Internet human. Supporter

In this week's edition of The Ankler (insider-y Hollywood newsletter), it's hinted that even the movies which hit theaters would be met with day-and-date VOD.

So this may be our new normal.

Vase Full Of Rocks likes this.
  9. Anthony_

yeah this may be the new normal for a lot of movies, but it's interesting to see which movies the studios aren't even going to try and hold out for

10. chewbacca110

He wrenches on it. He thinks it's his.

Let’s see a trailer.

11. Serh

Prestigious Prestigious

here's this for now

[​IMG]

coleslawed likes this.
  12. I Am Mick

@gravebug Prestigious

I know this is bad for “cinema” but I’ve always hated going to a movie theater and have always said I would pay a premium to watch a new release in my home by myself. It’s one of the few good things, personally, that’s come from this shitty situation.

I would pass up a $5-$15 ticket for a movie I want to see because I don’t like being in a theater surrounded by (almost always) awful people, but I would happily drop $20 to watch Tenet in my own bed.

13. I’m pumped for new releases to be released on demand.

14. Anthony_

Something like this is fine to watch for the first time on a tv screen but I’d never want to see something like Tenet or Dune for the first time on a small screen.

15. iCarly Rae Jepsen

run away with me Platinum

Christopher Nolan and Villeneuve would smack someone in the face if they suggested going straight to VOD lol

I'm also def not paying $20 for this but I know it will eventually be streaming

16. Cameron

FKA nowFace Prestigious

Actually just now realizing this is the best way to watch a new Apatow film. His bloat won’t seem as bad when I’m pausing to grab some tide pods to eat.

17. Serh

Prestigious Prestigious

oh dang this is a 2:16 long film

18. Cameron

FKA nowFace Prestigious

Yes it’s an Apatow film

19. Serh

Prestigious Prestigious

yeah, i didn't want take a cheap shot there lol

20. Anthony_

already beat ya to it

Cameron likes this.
  21. Serh

Prestigious Prestigious

jokes about his films being longer than necessary are maybe played out, but still, you got a lot of nerve to make a two-and-a-quarter-hour movie essentially about pete davidson's past

riotspray likes this.
  22. Anthony_

thing is, he does have a pretty compelling life story that I could see making a good movie

problem is, he’s also a huge asshole, so

23. Zilla

Trusted Supporter

I think it sucks that most comedies will go to streaming. I get a huge kick out of laughing with an audience that’s on the same page. It elevated movies like “Knives Out,” “Borat” and “Booksmart.”

To have most of the laughs at the theater be boiled down to Disney blockbuster “So that happened” type jokes bums me out.

24. LessThanTrevor

Trusted Prestigious

Give me a movie for Crashing after this. Three seasons was fine, but I just love Pete Holmes.

chewbacca110 likes this.
  25. Serh

Prestigious Prestigious

yeah, i'll never forget stuff like my first time watching this is the end in a packed house laughing my ass off for what seemed like an average of every 30 seconds. to never have something like that again is tough to reconcile with, to say the least