Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

The Killing Of A Sacred Deer (Yórgos Lánthimos, October 27,2017) Movie • Page 2

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by iCarly Rae Jepsen, Aug 16, 2017.

1. angrycandy

I’m drama in these khaki towns Supporter

very. that's the only other film I know of coming out this year that I really care to see

Bloodsucker II likes this.
  2. I'm seeing really great things about this.

angrycandy likes this.
  3. suicidesaints

Trusted Prestigious

I've only used it a couple time, but Movie Pass has been amazing so far.

4. incognitojones

Some Freak Supporter

Saw this tonight, excellent. So fucking unsettling throughout, great shots, unique story, its great.

Joe and SpyKi like this.
  5. TedSchmosby

Trusted

I took an hour long bus ride to see this at 4:30 but apparently it isn’t play until 7:00. Do I hang out at this arcade for two and a half hours or do I go see Bad Moms 2

incognitojones likes this.
  6. Dog with a Blog

Lol can you a drink a little and then sneak into Bad Moms? That’s the only way it might be palatable.

7. angrycandy

report back ... on all that :crylaugh:

Bloodsucker II likes this.
  8. Morrissey

Trusted

There are still arcades?

9. Joel

Trusted Prestigious

Yeah, if you are privileged enough to have an arcade in the vicinity you better enjoy that shit for me

suicidesaints likes this.
  10. TedSchmosby

Trusted

It’s an arcade in the theatre. I’m at the bookstore across the street reading The Snowman because yknow. Movie doesn’t start till 7:30 actually fm2bhl

11. incognitojones

Some Freak Supporter

It'll be worth it, but actually I don't want to overhype it maybe you fucked up enough to make it bad

12. TedSchmosby

Trusted

Goddamn it now I’m going to be stuck thinking about this movie on the bus for an hour

13. angrycandy

care to share your thoughts on it?

14. TedSchmosby Nov 5, 2017
    (Last edited: Nov 5, 2017)
    TedSchmosby

Trusted

I really loved it. The guy who played Martin was incredible. I thought he was Tye Sheridan until I looked it up just now and was amazed at how I couldn’t see the character from Mud at all, but it turns out that’s because Martin wasn’t in Mud..

It had the constant sense of foreboding and tension that It Comes at Night did. The score and the high angles and tracking shots made the whole thing super uncomfortable.

I can’t figure out if the dialogue was surrealist art-house stuff or if every character was just a high functioning autistic. That kind of stuff wasn’t quite in The Lobster, so it was surprising and kind of fascinating.

It’s a pretty reserved film, but I still jumped and said fuck at least five times.

15. 5Stories

Regular

16. marceting

Trusted

Was trying to gather friends to watch but was having a tough time recruiting until I said it was from A24. Everyone's in now.

TedSchmosby likes this.
  17. brandon_260

Trusted Prestigious

That... upsets me

18. Morrissey

Trusted

People know what A24 is?

19. brandon_260

Trusted Prestigious

It’s basically a brand bigger than any of the films they release at this point.

suicidesaints and popdisaster00 like this.
  20. Morrissey

Trusted

I had to look it up just now. I would imagine anyone who knows what A24 is also connected to art/independent cinema.

suicidesaints likes this.
  21. brandon_260

Trusted Prestigious

I think Letterboxd has played a role in it seemingly skyrocketing to prominence. It’s definitely expanded it’s reputation compared to two-three years ago. People seem to stand by them as the gospel with regard to independent cinema at this point. I appreciate the way they’ve brought smaller films to a bigger audience, but I definitely don’t like a lot of what they release. Their way of marketing films is off putting to me as well.

22. marceting

Trusted

My friends (and myself) are obsessed with Ex Machina, The Lobster, Moonlight, Green Room, Supersonic...so yeah haha when A24 comes out with something we perk up

suicidesaints and CarpetElf like this.
  23. Dog with a Blog

They definitely have a large cult following, myself included in that cult. They certainly aren't infallible, as some people like to claim, but I really appreciate that they are willing to take risks and distribute some very weird shit.

marceting and suicidesaints like this.
  24. suicidesaints

Trusted Prestigious

I definitely think A24 is the the most "mainstream" name in independent film. I know lots of people that suddenly start paying attention when A24 is mentioned, myself included.

marceting likes this.
  25. angrycandy

seeing this today

so excited