Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

The Killers Band • Page 6

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by Barresi, Apr 15, 2016.

1. goation

Regular

What a terrible thing to do. Goodnight, Travel Well is an incredible song and a beautiful way to end an album!

2. Craig Manning

@FurtherFromSky Moderator

I used to haaaaate "Goodnight, Travel Well." It's grown on me over the years. "Joyride" is probably the only song on that album I really don't like.

3. bodkins

Trusted

Man. I really love "The World We Live In". Seems to be universally disliked.

goation likes this.
  4. lish

Perpetually Cold Prestigious

I enjoy that one as well.

bodkins likes this.
  5. Brother Beck

Trusted Supporter

I gotta show some support for "The World We Live In" as well. Really like that song a lot. The two songs I really don't like at all - and never have - are "I Can't Stay" and "Goodnight, Travel Well". I appreciate what they were going for with "Goodnight" but I just have never been able to enjoy it at all. Listening back to the album now though, I have to admit "Joyride" really has not aged well. I don't remember disliking that song when the album came out, but its pretty rough to listen to now.

Also, "Neon Tiger" is and always has been my JAM. Stand-out favorite when the album came out and still is to this day.

bodkins and goation like this.
  6. goation

Regular

I love Joyride, The World We Live In, and Goodnight, Travel Well. All of you are crazy. Neon Tiger is great too. Honestly, I wouldn't take any of the songs off of that album, but I would love to hear the other songs recorded. I think if you took away some of the songs you guys are talking about, you would lose the complete picture of Day and Age.

bodkins and lish like this.
  7. goation

Regular

The lyrics to Goodnight are amazing.

And all that stands between the souls release ?
    This temporary flesh and bone
    We know that it's over now
    I feel my faded mind begin to roam
    Every time you fall
    And every time you try
    Every foolish dream
    And every compromise
    Every word you spoke
    And everything you said
    Everything you left me, rambles in my head
    There's nothing I can say
    There's nothing I can do now

lish likes this.
  8. Barresi

Spooky Space Kook Supporter

It changes around quite often, but right now I have:

Losing Touch
    Human
    This Is Your Life
    Forget About What I Said
    Tidal Wave
    A Crippling Blow
    Joy Ride
    A White Demon Love Song
    A Dustland Fairytale
    Goodnight, Travel Well

And that tracklist is really me going after that "Sam's Town from Mars" comment that was made leading up to the release. It follows the same ebbs and flows as that album, for the most part.

9. inkwisitive

Regular

This is actually true - I just really wish I liked the song/melodies more! The only bit I recall enjoying is when the horns come in for the first time. Also, the "there's nothing I can DO now" seems to be the only bit of the album where Brandon goes pretty flat on a note. :-/

10. Brother Beck

Trusted Supporter

I am someone who loves learning about and tracking down b-sides and bonus tracks for bands I like, plus I'm a pretty huge Killers fan, and I literally have never heard of "A White Demon Love Song". Had no idea that even existed. I thought I knew of all the b-sides / bonus tracks from those sessions... it sounds ----ing incredible.

11. Craig Manning

Wasn't that a Twilight soundtrack song?

12. Barresi

Right? It's probably a top ten song by them for me. And it just got tacked on to the end credits of one of the Twilight movies.

Another good relatively unknown one is "O Sad American Night" which I think is from the Day & Age sessions, but nobody really knows for sure. It didn't leak until 2013.

The Killers - O Sad American night

And now there's Peace of Mind, which is a Sam's Town-era demo that should be getting an official release this week. But for those who can't wait:

The Killers Peace of Mind.mp3 (4.34MB) - SendSpace.com

lish likes this.
  13. Barresi

Here's all the songs they recorded during Day & Age. A couple of them became songs we know (Emerald City is Dustland; Vibration is Joy Ride).

[​IMG]

lish likes this.
  14. lish

Perpetually Cold Prestigious

That song breaks my fucking heart.

15. airik625 Oct 5, 2016
    (Last edited: Oct 5, 2016)
    airik625

we've seen the shadow of the axe before Supporter

The "Peace of Mind" demo is set to be released on thee 10 Year Anniversary Edition of Sam's Town this month or the next.

Didn't even know it was out already.

That cover of "Hotel California" is pretty damn great.

The live acoustic version of "Jenny Was A Friend Of Mine" is so pretty. Hadn't heard that one before either.

16. Barresi

Yeah, it's packaged with that Sam's Town re-release that Bong Load is putting out on Friday. But I guess it will be out on streaming services, as well.

17. Brother Beck

Trusted Supporter

Wow, thank you Barresi - these songs are incredible! How could you sit on songs these good???

18. airik625 Oct 5, 2016
    (Last edited: Oct 5, 2016)
    airik625

19. goation

Regular

I know I'm a little late, but I just listened to Battle Born for the first time. Beautiful album. It's like the perfect combination of everything they've done in the past. I'm going to be listening to this a lot over the next few weeks. Next on my list is Brandon's solo records, but I'm going to take time to enjoy this release first.

bodkins likes this.
  20. airik625

You will very much enjoy Brandon's solo albums. Great stuff.

lish likes this.
  21. goation

Regular

If they resonate with me only half as well as The Killers' albums do, then it will be a treat.

22. Dirty Sanchez

Prestigious Prestigious

The Desired Effect is better than most of the Killers' releases!!!

kyle, lish and Benjamin Lee like this.
  23. Benjamin Lee

Trusted

Yeah, I'd put The Desired Effect above all Killer's albums except for Battle Born, but even then, I view them as pretty much equals.

lish and Dirty Sanchez like this.
  24. goation

Regular

Peace of Mind is out on Spotify, Apple Music, etc.

airik625 likes this.
  25. Craig Manning

The Desired Effect is good, but I don't think it's as good as Battle Born or Sam's Town. Wish the title track was actually on that album somewhere.