Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

The Killers Band • Page 24

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by Barresi, Apr 15, 2016.

1. dlemert

Trusted

The first verse is fine but man does it go downhill fast after that. The rest of the song is just naming off current events.

Vase Full Of Rocks and beachdude like this.
  2. Serenity Now

deliver us from e-mail Supporter

Out of My Mind & Have All The Songs Been Written

inkwisitive and Brother Beck like this.
  3. @@ron

Regular

I would guess Some Kind of Love and Life to Come... but those are still better than Land of the Free.

4. @@ron

Regular

haha I was very wrong. Out of My Mind is one of my favorites.

Serenity Now and bodkins like this.
  5. Brother Beck

Trusted Supporter

I had to go back and listen to "Have All The Songs Been Written?" because I had deleted it a few days after Wonderful, Wonderful came out and never went back to listen to it. I'd have to agree that "Land of the Free" might be a better song, but to me it's kind of a toss-up. Basically my only postive thoughts musically for either of the songs are "Mark Knopfler is good at guitar" and "Ronnie Vannucci is good at drums", but I suppose LOTF gets the edge because I respect what he's saying and the overall message...

I love "Out of My Mind", "Life To Come" & "Some Kind of Love", but I think I actually like Wonderful, Wonderful a lot more than most Killers fans I talk to. To me the weakest track (after HATSBW?) is "The Calling" but even then I enjoy it a lot and think it absolutely belongs on the album.

"Some Kind of Love" is gorgeous. The other ones I can see the critique of them being a little generic maybe, but not that one .

Barresi and Serenity Now like this.
  6. @@ron

Regular

The children singing on Some Kind of Love kill it for me.

7. Craig Manning

@FurtherFromSky Moderator

Some Kind of Love is the best song on Wonderful Wonderful and one of the best songs they’ve ever done. Saying his kids ruin that song is a take I can’t abide.

8. Brother Beck

Trusted Supporter

I agree, that's kind of rough. I never particularly noticed anything about the back up singing. It never stood out to me at all as something odd or that didn't fit. I do remember reading that it's his children, but I feel like they did an amazing job and whole thing sounds so natural and organic. To me it's pretty much exactly how to do a slower song perfectly. I have it as my closer.

9. Serenity Now

deliver us from e-mail Supporter

Some Kind of Love & Out of My Mind are mostly interchangeable for me. SKOL edges it out though with the line about the truck which I totally get is not everyone's bag.

10. Jesse West

Cursed by my ancestry

I really like Out of My Mind. I love the part in the bridge with the synth that just keeps climbing.

bodkins and @@ron like this.
  11. bodkins

Trusted

100%

12. Barresi

Spooky Space Kook Supporter

Out of My Mind is a jam.

13. AlwaysEvolving21

Trusted Supporter

Yikes. The new song is not good.

14. Steve_JustAGuy

Trusted

Just put on Live At Albert Hall last night and completely forgot how many hits they have.

15. Henry

Moderator Moderator

16. @@ron

Regular

Nooo don’t make me choose

17. AlwaysEvolving21

Trusted Supporter

18. Craig Manning

@FurtherFromSky Moderator

It's their best record.

BornToRun, bodkins, Brent B and 2 others like this.
  19. AlwaysEvolving21

Trusted Supporter

I’d say it’s definitely their most ambitious and thought out album.

20. bodkins

Trusted

And it’s their best on top of that!!

BornToRun and AlwaysEvolving21 like this.
  21. abw123

Trusted

Nothing is close to Sam's Town for me.

When is the next one coming out? Gotta be soon?

22. Barresi

Spooky Space Kook Supporter

Early 2020. Probably a single in the next couple months.

23. AlwaysEvolving21

Trusted Supporter

Yeahhhhh. Battle Born is a great album to listen to while driving. Never done that before until now. Thanks, Matt Skiba.

bodkins likes this.
  24. bodkins

Trusted

Late night fall drives was my intro to the record, perfect for that.

AlwaysEvolving21 likes this.
  25. My lady teaches one of Brandon's kids this year, haha. So random.

Barresi, AlwaysEvolving21 and bodkins like this.