Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

The Killers Band • Page 20

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by Barresi, Apr 15, 2016.

1. Steve_JustAGuy

Trusted

2. Barresi

Spooky Space Kook Supporter

Yeah, I think it's really catchy.

3. Brother Beck

Trusted Supporter

I know there are all sorts of dynamics at play within any group of people, and egos can play a part too, but seeing this along with how he's kinda not really a part of The Killers anymore but sort of is still maybe just bums me out if I'm being honest. I think his presence was missed a little bit on Wonderful Wonderful. I suppose this solo album may be amazing but if I had to guess I would think each party will be a little weaker without the other so to speak .

4. bodkins

Trusted

Would love an Ariel producer Killers record if that’s what this means.

airik625 and Barresi like this.
  5. Barresi

Oh my God, yes please.

6. abw123

Trusted

I think Brandon's solo albums are both better than Wonderful Wonderful. That tells me that he doesn't need the other guys to write great songs. Hope the next Killers album is better than WW was......

airik625 likes this.
  7. Craig Manning

@FurtherFromSky Moderator

I still really like WW. The mid-section is incredible. I definitely like it more than Flamingo. Probably not better than The Desired Effect, though.

Serenity Now, Barresi and Kuri44 like this.
  8. bodkins

Trusted

Agree with all this 100%. Probably put Battle Born at the top of the Flamingo-Now stretch if that gets thrown in.

9. Craig Manning

Oh, absolutely. Battle Born is my favorite Killers record, most days. It's a shame the band doesn't think it's very good.

bodkins likes this.
  10. Barresi

Yeah TDE is probably my second-favorite of all Killers/BF material. Ariel would be an extremely welcome addition, think he’s so great.

bodkins likes this.
  11. Donnie Ruth

Trusted Supporter

The Desired Effect is incredible. Would be a top 3 Killers album for me.

bodkins likes this.
  12. Craig Manning

I still can't quite get over Brandon not putting the title track on that record, though.

mmhmm and Barresi like this.
  13. Brother Beck

Trusted Supporter

I gotta say I really like WW a lot still as well, although I don't think I like it quite as much as BB.

I own The Desired Effect but honestly haven't really ever given it a listen - something I will remedy tonight on my drive home from work.

14. Brother Beck

Trusted Supporter

Okay, I realize I am roughly three years late to this party, but when I read people saying The Desired Effect is their favorite BF/Killers related piece of work, in my head I was like 'no effing way!' I got it when it came out and I thought I had given it a bit of a listen and not liked it, but I listened to it last night on my drive home from work and it is f---ing fantastic. Amazing album. I don't know what the hell I was thinking three years ago.

I really can't stand the song "Still Want You" though, and I'm seeing that it was released as a single - maybe I heard that one around that time and was turned off of the whole thing... Aside from that one song though, I love the whole thing. And I know it's a bonus track, but the title track might be my favorite song from the whole thing.

I've only listened to it twice so far, so it's too early for me to say if I like it better than any of the Killers albums, but it's really damn good. It's way up there. I want to thank everyone here for pointing out the error of my ways and turning me on to this album.

15. Donnie Ruth

Trusted Supporter

Glad to hear this! Still Want You and Lonely Town are the “meh” tracks for me, but the highs on this album are some of the best highs I’ve heard from him.

I think I’d put it up there as a top 3 Killers album (like I said the other day) and that’s no disrespect to those albums.

16. Craig Manning

What?! “Lonely Town” is amazing!

I’m meh on “Still Want You” and “Digging up the Heart,” and think the album would be measurably improved by having the title track. It’s probably my fourth favorite album from him, though, after Battle Born, Sam’s Town, and Hot Fuss.

17. Serenity Now

deliver us from e-mail Supporter

Lonley Town & Between Me & You are my favorite tracks.

18. Donnie Ruth

Trusted Supporter

I never cared for Lonely Town. I know it was a big single and all that but it didn’t do anything for me.

I do agree, though, Between Me & You is great!

19. bodkins

Trusted

Only song I’m not crazy on is Diggin Up The Heart. Love the rest.

20. Allpwrtoslaves

Trusted

I love that song.

21. Barresi

DUTH is probably my least favorite on the record but it’s unreal live.

22. bodkins

Trusted

Good. It’s a solid enough song. Just not my favorite.

23. Brother Beck

Trusted Supporter

For me the whole album is fantastic, with the exception of "Still Want You". That song is in the running with "I Can't Stay" as the worst thing Brandon Flowers has ever done. I say that with the disclaimer that I don't really know "Flamingo" that well outside of "Crossfire". I've listened to it, but not that much, whereas I've listened to all the Killers a lot.

24. Tomar Re

Regular

Diggin Up the Heart is probably one of my favorite Brandon songs. Don’t think I’d like it as much if Ariel didn’t produce it but the cross between that semi corny storytelling style and Ariel’s production is pure magic. Desired Effect is my second favorite of all killers/Brandon releases, it’s so consistent. Can’t wait for a killers album in that vein. Also, I know I’m in the minority but while I used to not like I can’t stay, it’s grown on me a ton, but is definitely better live

25. Craig Manning

I Can’t Stay is fun. Worst Brandon song is Joyride.