Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

The Killers Band • Page 2

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by Barresi, Apr 15, 2016.

1. Jeff

Regular Prestigious

Really never got into side 2 of Battle Born. Love side 1, and love the closer, but I legit have no idea what The Rising Tide through Be Still sounds like. Couldn't name a single lyric from those 4 tracks.

Need to change that I guess, but even if I all of a sudden came to love them I don't think this would top Sam's Town anyway.

2. FTank

Prestigious Prestigious

Yeah, the first 4-5 tracks are insanely good, definitely the best part of the album.

3. I've never given Battle Born much of a chance. I'll get it on my Spotify queue and listen next week.

Dirty Sanchez likes this.
  4. FTank

Prestigious Prestigious

I also like The Desired Effect a ton, but any other Flowers album besides that or BB I could take or leave at this point.

5. Jeff

Regular Prestigious

Listening to Day and Age for the first time in a good while.

Not a lot here for me, but the back to back of Dustland Fairytale and This is Your Life is amazing. Easily the best songs on there.

6. bodkins

Trusted

First half is definitely stronger, though I still really like the album as a whole. Out of the section you've mentioned, "Heart of a Girl" is probably my favorite if you're looking to give it a second chance.

7. David87

Prestigious Prestigious

My hat is in the Battle Born is pretty damn good ring.

Agree with the second half of the album being pretty weak though, minus the closer. But Miss Atomic Bomb happens and it's awesome and then the rest of the songs are so forgetful, IMO. Flesh and Bone was one of my favorite songs for a while too. Heard them play that live at Firefly's first year before the album came out and loved it then.

I think the album overall is underrated by their fanbase.

BornToRun likes this.
  8. Barresi

Spooky Space Kook Supporter

Am I allowed to say I think all of their albums are just great? Even those I have some issues with, I return to time and time again. Every time I find myself putting one down, I listen to it again and am kind of amazed. All of their records have so much going for them.

bodkins likes this.
  9. FTank

Prestigious Prestigious

Are there plans for another record? Its already been almost four whole years since Battle Born.

10. Barresi

They're in the studio now.

FTank likes this.
  11. FTank

Prestigious Prestigious

Awesome, I'm looking forward to checking out what comes next.

12. Craig Manning

@FurtherFromSky Moderator

Second half of Battle Born is amazing. "Miss Atomic Bomb," "The Rising Tide," "Be Still," and the title track are all terrific songs. Y'all are acting like it's as insanely top heavy as Hot Fuss or something. It's easily their most consistent album top to bottom.

ChiliTacos, BornToRun and bodkins like this.
  13. airik625

we've seen the shadow of the axe before Supporter

Their bassist, Mark Stoermer, has a solo album coming out soon. It's called Dark Arts.

Mark Stoermer

[​IMG]

Peachfuzz likes this.
  14. angel paste

grey hairs, get out of me zoots! Prestigious

I always want to like Battle Born after the praise I see but everytime I listen to it it fails to hold my attention, especially not the way Sam's Town does.

Peachfuzz likes this.
  15. Craig Manning

I know a lot of people don't like the second half of Battle Born as much, but I think it's stacked. "The Rising Tide" and "Be Still" are seriously underrated songs in their catalog.

16. Tomar Re

Regular

I like the second half better than the first half of the album too. Tracks 3-5 are my least favorite of the album actually. They're still good and the whole album is good, but it feels like a weaker point for me. I do like Day and Age better though I know you feel the exact opposite haha.

17. Steve_JustAGuy

Trusted

Bummed that Battle Born doesn't do it for me like it does for the rest of you guys. "Runaways" is one of their best songs though, but I can say with confidence that "Prize Fighter" is the worst song this band has (and hopefully will) put out. I hate that song ha. Day and Age is interesting. The highs are extremely high on that album, while the lows are so very low.

18. unbornwhiskey

Trusted

sam's town and battle born are their best records. took me forever to love battle born though

19. unbornwhiskey

Trusted

also "from here on out" is in the second half and it rocks!

20. airik625

we've seen the shadow of the axe before Supporter

Looks like that Sam's Town Anniversary vinyl pressing sold out already.

21. bodkins

Trusted

Put me in the seemingly rare category that thinks the band gets better with each release, and I love HF and ST. Battle Born is my favorite and I know I'll likely catch crap for putting D&A ahead of ST, but that record just does it for me.

22. Barresi

A small miracle happened today. I got two tickets for one of the Sam's Town shows.

bodkins likes this.
  23. ChampsMusic

Instagram.com/ChampsMusic

What's Sam's Town like compared to Hot Fuss? I've never taken the time to listen to Sam's Town besides the radio singles.

I need to do that.

24. Barresi

Not as wildly different as people make it out to be. I think most people would say it's their best album though, so you should definitely check it out!

25. Craig Manning

Well "Prize Fighter" isn't actually on the record, so it's not really fair to hold that song against it.