Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

The Killers - Wonderful Wonderful (September 30, 2017) Album • Page 13

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by pablowashere, Jun 9, 2017.

1. Brother Beck

Trusted Supporter

I've only given this a quick listen but so far I really enjoy it. I like almost all of the songs.

This could change after I spend some time with the album but my only real criticism on first listen is that it does feel more like a Brandon Flowers solo album and less like a Killers album.

Barresi likes this.
  2. Donnie Ruth

Trusted Supporter

The Rut was the only song that drew me in with my initial listen. I'll need to spend more time with this. I loved Battle Born but it took me a hell of a lot of listens.

AlwaysEvolving21 likes this.
  3. ComedownMachine

Prestigious Supporter

This is going to be a stupid post but it tripped me out when I realized the 2 albums I looked forward to the most today (Killers, Circa Survive) both had the same shell on the cover

4. Steve_JustAGuy

Trusted

You're not wrong...yeesh

Craig Manning likes this.
  5. Craig Manning

@FurtherFromSky Moderator

...Yeah. Not sure how that made it through editorial.

6. circasurviver

Trusted

Just found out I'm a huge fan of dumpster fires.

7. Craig Manning

Really starting to love this after four or five listens. The middle stretch from "Rut" to "Some Kind of Love" is probably the strongest run in their catalog that isn't Hot Fuss side one.

8. Barresi

Spooky Space Kook Supporter

Interesting to see a lot of Battle Born comparisons. It reminded me of Day & Age the most right off the bat, just done much better.

beachdude42, teebs41 and Aaron Mook like this.
  9. Ben

Trusted Prestigious

thought this was mostly...boring. i'll give it a few more spins though.

teebs41 likes this.
  10. Craig Manning

I think of Day & Age as a mostly very playful record (and then randomly dark, at the end) which this isn't. That said, sonically, I think "Out of My Mind" and "The Calling" both sound like they could be on Day & Age.

Barresi likes this.
  11. AlwaysEvolving21

Trusted Supporter

The middle section is perfect. Really adds more life to the album.

Barresi and Craig Manning like this.
  12. bodkins

Trusted

Sonically there's a lot of stuff that reminds me of Day and Age. Particularly in the drums, and some of the synth work.

Agree with the "feels like a Brandon solo record". If Ronnie wasn't drumming I'd be convinced it was.

Aaron Mook and Barresi like this.
  13. CoffeeEyes17

Reclusive-aggressive Prestigious

i like this. i like what this band does and this is another album of them doing stuff i like.

14. Barresi

For anyone wondering if this is the end, Brandon and Ronnie were on The Watch podcast and confirmed they owe the label one more record.

15. hairtaylor

Regular Supporter

I can't wait for Direct Hits Vol. 2.

16. Matt Chylak

I can always be better, so I'll always try. Supporter

Yeah, I'm sorry but did not like this one. Back half was a slog. "Rut" is a great song, they should make an album in that vein.

17. Barresi

Haha if I remember correctly, a greatest hits compilation was a separate part of their contract. None of them really wanted to do it, but the label pushed. Probably once they caught wind of another hiatus coming.

18. ComedownMachine

Prestigious Supporter

First listen my favorites are probably Tyson vs Douglas and Run for Cover. I can see this growing on me big time, though.

19. Not feeling this at all. Have to try again later I guess. Surprised just how much it doesn't work for me.

CoffeeEyes17 and teebs41 like this.
  20. This is surprisingly good. Was fully expecting to dislike it after their post-Sawdust run and "The Man," but I think it's easily better than their last two albums and "The Man" is better in context. This actually kind of feels like a natural follow-up to Sam's Town to me, like a not shitty version of Day & Age.

21. unbornwhiskey

Trusted

i can see this growing on me, i didn't like battle born at all at first and now it's my favorite killers record, but i don't think it's anywhere as good as, say, the desired effect

Aregala likes this.
  22. teebs41

Prestigious Prestigious

Should I listen to this or prawn next as I dive into one of the biggest release days of the year.

circasurviver likes this.
  23. teebs41

Prestigious Prestigious

this one, I freakin love the bass tone that opens the record

24. circasurviver

Trusted

I just pressed play on Prawn.

teebs41 likes this.
  25. teebs41

Prestigious Prestigious

we are opposites I suppose ha. Im surprised you arn't binging that circa record

circasurviver likes this.