Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

The Killers Winter Tour 2018 Tour

Discussion in 'Tour Forum' started by estacey99, Jul 27, 2017.

1. estacey99 Jul 27, 2017
    (Last edited: Jul 28, 2017)
    estacey99

Oh yeah, oh yeah, everything is terrible.

[​IMG]

2. Jerihoar

Regular

Realy really hope they add a phx date. Maybe after they play lost lake festival in Oct they'll say it.

3. redwing91007

Next Show - Foals April 22nd

Might go to the Laval date depending on the prices. Any ideas on support?

4. TMS2787

Trusted

I'm really hoping for a second leg in the Spring and / or Summer. I have seen them two times before but not since 2009 so I'm really hoping to see them again soon-ish. I could do Detroit but in the middle of the damn winter, I'm leery. I guess the quality of the new album will help me decide if I'm going to make that trip or not.

Emokid79 likes this.
  5. TSLROCKS

Trusted Supporter

Will be at MSG. Missed them too many times before

6. wow i had no idea they could still headline arenas!

fenway89 likes this.
  7. ComedownMachine

Prestigious Supporter

Really? They headline every festival they play to massive crowds!

8. i guess i'm confused. i thought they broke up years ago and they JUST got back together. maybe i'm super out of the loop? i haven't paid attention to them or really heard anything about them in like... 10 years.

9. SomeGuyNamedMike

The Real Dirty Dan.

I don't think they ever broke up. They just don't tour as actively and pump out new music super fast. Brandon Flowers also does some solo work when they aren't doing anything.

10. TMS2787

Trusted

They never broke-up or went on hitaus but Brandon Flowers has had two solo albums and has toured behind them. They aren't nearly as big as they once where but still bring big crowds and the last album had a 'hit' or two.

11. i just looked at their wikipedia. i guess i'm just out of touch with them. i knew the first 2 albums, heard about the 3rd one (but i never got around to listening to it), so i thought that was their last album. because i haven't heard anything from them since 2011 when that came out, i guess. i was never a huge fan of their or anything, so it's not that surprising that i didn't know what came after that. but it's still shocking to me that they still headline festivals and arenas. have they even had a huge song since "mr. brightside"?

12. bachna84

we are nothing more than mannequins Prestigious

Somebody Told Me and All These Things That I've Done were both pretty huge and technically were released as singles after Mr. Brightside, but those are all on the same album.

When You Were Young off of Sam's Town was huge. Human was a pretty popular song off of Day & Age too.

All in all they've had 12 songs so far that have charted in the top 20 of Alternative so that's pretty big.

13. bachna84

we are nothing more than mannequins Prestigious

Having said all that, I never really gave Battle Born much of a chance so I'll have to give that another listen.

14. ncarrab

Prestigious Supporter

The arenas caught me off guard too, to be honest. Last time they played Cleveland (2013) they played a pavilion (Nautica - 5,000 cap) and they haven't gotten any bigger since, imo. I get they headline festivals, but there are a lot of bands at festivals that draw crowds.

15. BoldTitan

Trusted

Any clue on prices?

16. fowruok Jul 28, 2017
    (Last edited: Jul 28, 2017)
    fowruok

Trusted Supporter

Barclays Center is $29.50 to $95 and Philly is $25-$95. I'd imagine the rest would be pretty similar.

I saw them on what I believe was their first headlining North American tour back in 2004 at the TLA in Philly (and interviewed them beforehand!) -- they were pretty underwhelming, though the songs themselves were great. Amazing how far they've come and how big they've gotten. Also, they've turned into a rather great live act.

BoldTitan likes this.
  17. ALT/MSC/FAN

It's chaos. Be kind. Prestigious

The Detroit date says $59-75.

BoldTitan likes this.
  18. BoldTitan

Trusted

Interesting. With those price ranges I wonder how much a standing room only show would be for general admission. $75 or 90. Hard Rock Orlando, couldn't see prices

19. abear182

Regular

To be fair they just sold out 14 dates here in the UK (Belfast sold out also). Some of the arenas can hold as much as 21,000 people. So I am not surprised they are playing arenas in the US surely they would be bigger in the US than Europe?

[​IMG]

20. iCarly Rae Jepsen

run away with me Platinum

If Mr. Brightside isn't an arena rock song there are no arena rock songs

mattfreaksmeout and fowruok like this.
  21. mattfreaksmeout

Trusted Supporter

I actually would not be surprised if they were a little bigger in UK. The UK is a little more rock music friendly these days (or at least that's how it seems to me). But overall, I agree. They'll have no trouble filling these places.

22. fowruok

Trusted Supporter

They've actually always been bigger in Europe, especially the UK. If I'm not mistaken, they toured extensively behind Hot Fuss there first before they ever toured in the US. But that being said, they're definitely big enough to play arenas here. I mean, they're headlining the south stage at Lollapalooza this year over blink-182 and Lorde, both of whom are arena acts.

23. goation

Regular

When do tickets go on sale for Chicago? I'm going to fucking cry when I see them.

24. cricketandclover

Things have changed.

goation likes this.
  25. goation

Regular