Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

The Killers Respond to Allegations of Misconduct

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, Jul 30, 2020.

1. Melody Bot

Your friendly little forum bot. Staff Member

This article has been imported from chorus.fm for discussion. All of the forum rules still apply.

The Killers have released a statement, via a legal representative, in response to allegations of sexual misconduct against members of the band and crew. Their statement is below, via BBC.

First and foremost, any allegations of inappropriate behaviour by anyone on The Killers touring team are taken extremely seriously by the band and their management.

This person’s story is appalling and, while The Killers do not have the same touring crew in 2020 that they had earlier in their career, they will be conducting a thorough investigation into past and present tour staff.

Their legal team will be reaching out to this person for more information and clarity on the alleged incidents as detailed, as well as to the audio vendor who provided crew for the tour.

The band are astonished and shocked by these claims. The behaviour attributed to them and their crew is unrecognisable and in direct opposition to the principles with which they run their workplace.

more

Not all embedded content is displayed here. You can view the original to see embedded videos, tweets, etc.

2. transrebel59

Regular

This whole thing is incredibly messy. A lot more stuff is coming out.

3. artbynickferran

nickferran.com

This is absolutely disgusting.

4. Ben Lee

I drink coffee and dad my kids Supporter

“The Killers will investigate these horrible claims made against ourselves.”

fuck off.

zachmacD likes this.
  5. transrebel59

Regular

So, now the person who made this allegation has an allegation against them by another crew member. This claim is being coroborated by multiple people, including women.

They also posted an image of a pay stub from their time working for The Killers, it didn't match up with things that had stated previously - which is understandable, it was 10 years ago. But they deleted it and started stating different things.

I think currently they are now saying band members were involved. Crazy messy situation.

6. fredwordsmith

Trusted Supporter

There are only a few musicians that I would be truly crushed to find out are creeps, and Brandon Flowers is one of the first names on that list.

Let's say first that this isn't confirmed or proven - not as a dig to those making accusations but just as a reality. Even if it he didn't participate, to have knowledge that people close to him supposedly did, would make him nearly as guilty as those committing the actual crime.

The band needs to come clean about it. No matter the cost.

7. DooDooBird

Trusted

11 years ago. My god, come forward when it happens. Stop with this decade long stuff. Hopefully those responsible get punished.

8. ReginaPhilange

Trusted Prestigious

can someone post the original allegations

9. fredwordsmith

Trusted Supporter

Jason Tate and ReginaPhilange like this.
  10. SmithBerryCrunch

Trusted Prestigious

[​IMG]

11. ReginaPhilange

Trusted Prestigious

missed that.

Jason Tate likes this.
  12. ReginaPhilange

Trusted Prestigious

based on her tweets it sounds like he wasn't directly involved but he absolutely knew what was going on and didn't do anything so that's a shame.

13. fredwordsmith

Trusted Supporter

Unlike a lot of people who use religion as a shield, I believe that Brandon is a deeply devout, religious person. Doesn't make him perfect, for this situation or any other. But I believe in him as a good human being, or at least I did. It's one thing to have "boys will be boys," like it or not with some of the groupie stuff (that was accepted - not correctly - not that long ago), and another to leave a person passed out, vulnerable, potentially assaulted and to laugh in the face of a person trying to help. That's the opposite of Christianity and righteousness.

Truly, I am crushed if this is true. And the number of these stories that are true vs. the ones that aren't is so overwhelmingly in favor of the former that I believe it is.

14. justin.

請叫我賴總統 Supporter

According to the allegations, he wasn’t doing any of the creepy actions (he had his own tour bus with his wife and kids) but there’s no way he wouldn’t have known and that’s a problem.

Edit: someone already stated this but I didn’t read all of the comments before posting mine.

15. crunchprank

crunchprank.net Prestigious

I'm not seeing that in the article. Did they edit their response to the allegations?

16. sawhney[rusted]2

I'll write you into all of my songs Supporter

He's paraphrasing

crunchprank likes this.
  17. Walkabout

Regular

link to allegations against the allegator?