Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

The Killers Announce ‘Sam’s Town’ Reissue; 10th Anniversary Shows • Page 2

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, Aug 1, 2016.

1. bodkins, fenway89 and Craig Manning like this.
  2. Craig Manning

@FurtherFromSky Moderator

fenway89 likes this.
  3. bobsheiskawy

is it the same for you? Prestigious

if this were $30, i might pull the trigger. my picture disc doesn't sound bad, it just has an abrupt start when i do the automatic drop on my turntable.

4. @@ron

Regular

Which are you referring to? Just curious.

5. Craig Manning

"Everything Will Be Alright," "Goodnight, Travel Well," and "Swallow It." I'd put those three, "Uncle Jonny," and "Joyride" in a bottom five for worst songs Flowers has ever put on a record.

6. circasurviver

Trusted

Battle Born is my favorite album of theirs. Day and Age is my least favorite.

Craig Manning likes this.
  7. Craig Manning

I'd say:

Battle Born>Sam's Town>Hot Fuss>Day & Age

If you include Brandon's solo records, I'd opt for:

Battle Born>Sam's Town>The Desired Effect>Hot Fuss>Flamingo>Day & Age

Eric Wilson and JRGComedy like this.
  8. pauldunions

Regular Supporter

There should be a tour

9. ncarrab

Prestigious Supporter

No sawdust?

I'd go: SAMs Town, Sawdust, Hot Fuss, Flamingo, Day and Age, Battle Born.

Haven't listened to The Desired Effect.

10. Craig Manning

I don't count Sawdust because the best songs on it are songs I just added into the Hot Fuss tracklist before Sawdust was even a thing. But if I'm ranking it, it's easily their worst. I never listen to it.

11. angel paste

grey hairs, get out of me zoots! Prestigious

omg Everything Will Be Alright is top 5 killers song for me

12. bobsheiskawy

is it the same for you? Prestigious

fuck, go listen to the desired effect.

13. @@ron

Regular

I don't mind most of these and I actually really like Goodnight, Travel Well. But I love Day & Age as a whole. I will agree that Swallow It is awful. I've never understood that one. I can't think of many others I just really dislike. From Here On Out is one that makes me lunge for the skip button. I tend to like most of what they/he puts out.

For me it's: Sam's Town, Hot Fuss, Flamingo, Day & Age, The Desired Effect, Battle Born

But some of my favorite songs are on each one. (The Way it Was, A Dustland Fairytale, I Can Change)So it's hard to order them.

I'm hoping we get a new album soon

14. Craig Manning

There is nothing interesting about that song, IMO. It just lasts forever.

I love "From Here on Out." Flowers going country has always appealed to me. "Goodnight" is the one of those five I've come around on most, but I thought it was painful to sit through for a long time. Still maybe my least favorite Brandon vocal performance.

15. ncarrab

Prestigious Supporter

I've heard good things and I'm not quite sure why I haven't given it a chance yet. I don't know. I was kind of beat down after Day & Age and Battle Born. Battle Born to me was just a total sleeper. I hardly go back to any of their albums anymore except Sam's Town.

16. Craig Manning

Battle Born being your least favorite Killers album legitimately makes no sense to me if Sam's Town is your favorite. Those are probably the two most similar albums in the Killers/Brandon Flowers discography.

bodkins likes this.
  17. Former Planets

Aaaachem!

They are for sure.

18. Craig Manning

Sam's Town is darker, so maybe that's the draw to that album that people don't see in Battle Born. But they have similar themes, similar influences, and a similar larger-than-life musical feel. I've always kind of liked the added levity on Battle Born. Makes it feel more hopeful.

19. ncarrab

Prestigious Supporter

To be honest with you, by the time Battle Born came out, I wasn't nearly as big of a Killers fan as I was back in like 2005 and 2006. I bought Battle Born, listened a few times and nothing really stuck with me. Maybe I'll go back to it again. I wasn't high on Day & Age at first either, but now when random songs from that album pop up on my iPod, i seem to enjoy them more today than I did back in 08, or whenever that album was released.

20. circasurviver

Trusted

100% correct

21. Craig Manning

I'd recommend revisiting it. It's kind of long, so it's overwhelming at first, but I think there are a lot of great songs on there, and they explored some pretty cool variations on their sound. I also didn't like Day & Age at first, but that one has grown on me a lot. It's still inconsistent for me, but the best songs ("Dustland Fairytale," "Losing Touch," "This is Your Life," "Spaceman") are pretty great.

22. Barresi

Spooky Space Kook Supporter

I was able to grab the reissue today? Maybe there was a cap in stock yesterday.

Anyway, going to try and buy tickets for one of these shows Friday. I can't miss it. This album had a huge effect on my life.

23. Cammiecoke

When and where do the tickets go on sale? I couldn't find any info from the links on the article in the OP.

Thanks in advance.

24. dotKev

@dotkevin

Listen, Battle Born is a modern classic, and I must have listened to Runaways like a million times since it was released as a single. It's not perfect but I always thought it was one of their better cohesive albums.

Also, for all of those that have not listened to The Desired Effect, check out the song Can't Deny My Love; it's a jam.

Dirty Sanchez likes this.
  25. Dirty Sanchez

Prestigious Prestigious

Listen to the entirety of The Desired Effect! It's my favorite album that Brandon Flowers was involved with. It's just that good.

dotKev likes this.