Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

The Killers – Wonderful Wonderful • Page 4

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, Sep 25, 2017.

1. Serenity Now

deliver us from e-mail Supporter

Really? Can you point me to some specific examples? Would like to know which songs etc.

2. Craig Manning

@FurtherFromSky Moderator

Did you read the review? I talked pretty extensively about that side of things.

3. ComedownMachine

Prestigious Supporter

@knstadin please do not ever post him on this forum again

CoffeeEyes17 likes this.
  4. knstadin

Regular Prestigious

What's wrong with posting a review????? I wouldn't mind to check out links/articles/videos/reviews/tweets even memes about one of my fav. bands.. :S

5. ComedownMachine

Prestigious Supporter

Posting reviews are okay, I just mean from that particular person haha

6. knstadin Oct 1, 2017
    (Last edited: Oct 1, 2017)
    knstadin

Regular Prestigious

Jeez man.. for a sec I thought I was breaking some forum rules :concerned:. I unsub from him when he gave a light 5 to "Comedown Machine" (oh snap! that's your username :crylaugh:)but then I sub-back when he praised "White" album by Weezer.

edit: I deleted that post, after a quick search I realized people here hate this reviewer "theneedledrop" my bad.

7. CoffeeEyes17

Reclusive-aggressive Prestigious

a neverending quest to ruin every thread: the knstadin biopic

8. CoffeeEyes17

this review is v good and this album is good so yeah high fives all around

9. knstadin

Regular Prestigious

you mean this? :up:cause this is what you're doing right now, you wanna bring the yesterday blink182-debate in another bands thread? No thank you.

10. CoffeeEyes17

iCarly Rae Jepsen likes this.
  11. Matt Chylak

I can always be better, so I'll always try. Supporter

This album's pretty personal if you dig into the lyrics and read a few articles about the subject matter.

12. Finally listened - I like it more than anything I've ever heard by this band.

13. Serenity Now

Everyone keeps mentioning "articles" but none of the ones Ive read speak to this point. What ones am I missing?

14. Matt Chylak

You could start with the review of the album on this site... like, literally the first post of the thread you're in right now.

Many of the interviews he's given also mention album topics: Rolling Stone, Vulture, etc.

15. Serenity Now

Fine. I'll admit that I just wanted a list of links to follow up on but you all have successfully evaded me.

I did my own damn searching and found supporting evidence to your claims. This is more of an "introspective" record.

Have all the songs been written is still weak though.

16. Matt Chylak

I mean, literally the first post on the thread you're commenting on talks it about the album in depth. Not even sure why you're commenting in here if you haven't read Craig's review... it's not even the main thread on the site to talk about this album.

17. Serenity Now

Heaven forbid I keep a convo going in a separate thread from the main thread!

18. Matt Chylak

You're responding to the second sentence but not the first. The first provides the context.

19. Serenity Now

Haha. Dude, you are so preachy. Come off it now.

20. Matt Chylak

Sorry, I've been in kind of a weird mood this week. Not sure why I was piling on you. Apologies.

21. Serenity Now

Dude, I feel you. Same over here. No worries though. We have some great new tracks from the Killers to get pull us through...whether their personal or not ;-p.

This album is creeping past Day & Age for me. It's quite surprising given that I despised it on my first few listens.

22. SEANoftheDEAD

Trusted

The last two sentences sum up exactly how I feel. I totally wrote it off on first listen. But now, I really enjoy it.

Serenity Now likes this.
  23. Kiana

Goddamn, man child Prestigious

This thread scared me but I finally listened to the album and enjoyed it immediately oop. Except I didn't know my Spotify was on shuffle so I didn't even listen to the album in order :-O

24. Serenity Now

Have you guys noticed the resurgence in popularity of Mr. Brightside lately? Kinda cool.

Music popularity is becoming less linear w/ every generation. Tracks released prior to the birth of the ppl listening to them can pick up steam (in sales) whenever. Neat.

Loki and Dirty Sanchez like this.
  25. Craig Manning

@FurtherFromSky Moderator

"Some Kind of Love" has settled in as my favorite song on this record, and one of my favorites of the year. Just a beautiful sentiment.