Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

The Killers – Pressure Machine • Page 2

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, Aug 18, 2021.

1. Sean Murphy

Prestigious Supporter

Yeppp

Serenity Now likes this.
  2. I wasn't going to listen to this, never been a huge fan of The Killers, but this review is making me press play right noooow.

Craig Manning likes this.
  3. kpatrickwood

Give what you can.

Excellent write up. This record was as good as I hoped it'd be. Plunging into content that dark with only a handful of breaths of fresh air felt like Craig Finn/Jason Isbell territory.

Mr. Serotonin and Craig Manning like this.
  4. Craig Manning

@FurtherFromSky Moderator

Report back!

Christian Romero likes this.
  5. Mr. Serotonin

I'm still staring down the sun Prestigious

This was great. I especially liked Terrible Thing, Sleepwalk and In the Car Outside on my first listen!

angrycandy likes this.
  6. This is very VERY good. I'm really excited to dive into the lyrics after really enjoying my first few listens

7. benschuyler

Regular Prestigious

Agreed.

8. Phil507

Resident NYC snob Supporter

Saw them do both "In The Car Outside" and "Sleepwalker" last night, was excellent. Hope they add "Quiet Town" to the setlist next year.

9. xburningcoffin

KC

This is a fantastic album from The Killers, especially if you love Springsteen-Nebraska, this is right in your wheelhouse. It's indebted but not derivative of him though the comparison is not without merit. I'm not superfan of either but this was a great listen.