Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

The Juliana Theory Reunite; Cancel Tour Dates

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, Jun 30, 2017.

1. Melody Bot

Your friendly little forum bot. Staff Member

This article has been imported from chorus.fm for discussion. All of the forum rules still apply.

The Juliana Theory are postponing their 20-year anniversary tour. Instead they’ve decided to reform the band and start writing a new album. Their statement can be found below.

When we realized 2017 was the band’s 20th anniversary, we decided to do a handful of reunion shows because we missed playing together and missed all of you. The plan was to play a few shows filled with our old songs and then we’d put the band to rest again forever (or for a very, very long time). But when we announced that we’d be playing these shows, your reaction was overwhelming. Making music together again — all of us in one place for the first time in many years — just felt right. We felt inspired and saw a future that extends beyond nostalgia. To make a long story short, we’ve decided to be a band again and we are thrilled to announce that we have begun writing a new record.

We’ve made the decision to postpone our summer tour so that this new music can be shared with all of you prior to and during these shows. Refunds will be issued for all of the tickets purchased and we will have further announcements of new tour dates, etc., for you soon. Sorry for any inconvenience this may cause but we promise to make it up to you shortly.

We love you and cannot thank you enough for always inspiring us.

Love,
    The Juliana Theory

fenway89 likes this.
  2. aniafc

Trusted

Really strange, why not just do the tour and work on your album around that?

3. Mr. Serotonin

I'm still staring down the sun Prestigious

Tell your mom I need a day off,
    So I can go out to a showww-oh-ohhh

Zac Djamoos likes this.
  4. So they can play new songs at the dates (that most people going to the shows probably won't wanna hear, heh.)

fenway89, Tyler, AshlandATeam and 6 others like this.
  5. Anthony Brooks

brook183 Supporter

Nice!

6. fingers crossed they won't end up breaking up again during the writing/recording process.

7. aniafc

Trusted

Haha right, to be honest most people would have preferred them stay on this current tour so they play less new songs.
    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

fenway89, studskalny and Jason Tate like this.
  8. Furman

I actually really like Deadbeat, Sweetheartbeat & got to see them during that tour. Flew to NYC & saw what was then their final tour when Brett was doing the long hair, cowboy thing.

Personally kinda stoked they canceled because that was going to be 2 weekends in a row of traveling to Charlotte for shows!

9. felipecardel Jun 30, 2017
    (Last edited: Jun 30, 2017)
    felipecardel

formless in the night Prestigious

their breakup was the first one i recall being genuinely depressed about. so happy to see that they are back, though this can go very wrong. now where is DBSHB on spotify?

fenway89 likes this.
  10. felipecardel

formless in the night Prestigious

still the greatest emo classic that isn't really an emo classic

11. JamesMichael

Software Engineer Prestigious

I honestly think they should have just played the shows and then record/write on tour. Glad hey are back though, so much nostalgia!

bradsonemanband likes this.
  12. cricketandclover

Things have changed.

The cynic in me thinks they weren't selling well. They were also booked in way-too-big rooms.

ConArdist likes this.
  13. JamesMichael

Software Engineer Prestigious

If that's true maybe they are trying to build up their fan base again then before touring?

coleslawed and bradsonemanband like this.
  14. Terry

So so very pumped for this!!!

15. Contender

Goodness is Nowhere Supporter

Thanks for cancelling my birthday show!!!

16. RileyWitiw

more like absolutepop.net Supporter

I'm interested to see what they come up with!

17. fran.182

Regular Prestigious

Wow, I've always thought any TJT reunion would consist of nostalgia shows every now and them (which was a fair method to "pay their bills" if they were not in the mood to go further and record new music).

Their career was painfully short for their potential, so I can't wait for this. TJT is a really dear band to me and my high school years...

fenway89 and ConArdist like this.
  18. ConArdist

Subgenres Should Die

Good, I'm very excited because that tour was missing Denver.

19. aniafc

Trusted

Really? the venue in columbus had like 150 people tops

20. SteveLikesMusic

approx. 3rd coolest Steve on here Supporter

Show cancellations fucking suck. Just had Bleachers cancel on me recently but he was sick. When it's because the band just wants to do something else instead its pretty lame.

21. devenstonow

Noobie

i'm guessing this tour sold really badly/they booked venues waaaaay too big

22. Connor

we're all a bunch of weirdos on a quest to belong Prestigious

Don't know how I honestly feel about this news. When Emotion Is Dead came out they were easily my favorite band. The first show I ever went to was them. I always thought I'd be stoked for them reuniting, but honestly I'm just kind of "meh" about this

23. Terry

Did you ever get into Brett's solo stuff? His songwriting is on point-makes me VERY pumped for new Juliana

24. Connor

we're all a bunch of weirdos on a quest to belong Prestigious

I didn't! Where should I start?

25. Terry

Too Free to Live. I believe it's free at brettdetar.com

coleslawed likes this.