Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

The JRPG Thread • Page 6

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by theagentcoma, May 14, 2018.

1. GBlades

Trusted

As far as I remember, it takes a while to start but once you've played a few hours you'll be fully immersed. Enjoy! Wish I could play it for the first time again too :)

theagentcoma likes this.
  2. oldjersey

Pro Podcaster Supporter

About 16 hours into Kingdom Hearts 1.5 lol. Just got it yesterday morning.

slowheart and theagentcoma like this.
  3. theagentcoma

yeah good okay Prestigious

There are times when I wish I still had the endurance and patience to just sit down and go hard at a game like this. Both today and yesterday I've only played about 3 total hours and I was nearly falling asleep lol. I feel so old

Fucking Dustin likes this.
  5. Fucking Dustin

Please click "like" Supporter

6. Henry

Moderator Moderator

They should add the fighting game. I never got to play the ultimate edition.

7. oldjersey

Pro Podcaster Supporter

I haven't run through a game like this in YEARS. Feel like a kid again, haha.

theagentcoma likes this.
  8. Shrek

can't be made fun of Prestigious

til there's a Persona magazine

9. tucah

not champ Prestigious

Just to keep people's expectations in check, the translater/one of the writers for Persona Central, a prominent Persona fansite:

They have a series of tweets about it and I'm not going to post them all but in short: the magazine never features actual announcements and the wording makes them think it's just a retrospective of the Persona 4 franchise and where it is now - easter eggs/appearances in the Persona 5 anime, Persona 4 characters in the new BlazBlue crossover game, the ongoing Persona 4 manga.

There have been a lot of rumors/hints towards Persona Q2 though, so there's always potentially that.

10. theagentcoma

I think "find all the kids hiding in the city" might be my least favorite puzzle/side-quest/trope lol. Damn orphans.

recall reality likes this.
  11. lightning

Spencer Control likes this.
  12. Vase Full Of Rocks

Trusted Supporter

I'm honestly surprised by the lack of discussion about Jeanne d'Arc considering how many people here seem to have a Vita.

theagentcoma likes this.
  13. theagentcoma

I have always wanted to play this one. Seems like a really well done SRPG from what I've read.

14. Vase Full Of Rocks

Trusted Supporter

It's probably my favorite PSP game. It's a shame more people didn't play it.

theagentcoma likes this.
  15. Fucking Dustin

Please click "like" Supporter

I'm borrowing one so I have no idea if it's on there or not

Hey @ChaseTx do you have this game

16. ChaseTx

Big hat enthusiast Prestigious

No I don't, I haven't heard of it

17. ChaseTx

However I do recommend you play Ys: Memories of Celceta if you want another JRPG that I do have

theagentcoma and Fucking Dustin like this.
  18. Vase Full Of Rocks

Trusted Supporter

That is a fine JRPG, but seriously don't sleep on Jeanne d'Arc.

Also if no one has played Z.H.P. Unlosing Ranger vs Darkdeath Evilman you're missing out on some premium comedy.

19. tucah

not champ Prestigious

here are my takes on the games discussed on this page:

jeanne d'arc is wonderful, we don't get enough SRPGs anymore, those early days of level 5 were amazing before they pretty much just decided to stick to layton and yokai watch games.

memories of celceta is also great, i'm a BIG fan of the ys series (and falcom in general is quite easily my favorite current jrpg dev). it's probably one of the lesser entries - it's still great but i think it's my least favorite of the three of this era/style of ys games. this was the reason i bought a vita and i have no regrets.

i haven't gone back to try it since release but i really did not like the roguelike style of ZHP and as someone who never really got into power rangers/sentai stuff a lot of the humor was lost on me so if i wanted that NIS style of humor i just preferred disgaea.

that is all.

20. ChaseTx

I also have whatever the PSP one is downloaded, but haven't played it

tucah likes this.
  21. tucah

not champ Prestigious

there are three psp ones! they're also all good but one of them (oath in felghana) is tied for my favorite in the series.

edit: actually four psp ones? whatever, the series has a lot of games.

22. ChaseTx

Oath in Felghana is the one I have!

tucah likes this.
  23. Vase Full Of Rocks

Trusted Supporter

Level 5 used to be a fucking powerhouse. Anyone play Dark Cloud and Dark Cloud 2? I want a third so badly.

tucah likes this.
  24. ChaseTx

I loved Dark Cloud and still have my PS2 copy. Never played the second one

25. tucah

not champ Prestigious

Dark Cloud 1 is really good but Dark Cloud 2 improves upon it in nearly every way, one of my favorite PS2 games. Level 5's early run was really spectacular - their first five games were the Dark Clouds, Jeanne D'Arc, Dragon Quest VIII and Rogue Galaxy (which is probably the weaker link of the bunch but still a very fun, gorgeous, solid PS2-era JRPG).

Vase Full Of Rocks likes this.