Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

The JRPG Thread • Page 29

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by theagentcoma, May 14, 2018.

1. theagentcoma

yeah good okay Prestigious

That was the first ending I got. I was unknowingly on the Golden Route until I accidentally burned down that village lol. I would agree with you on the final battle for the Frederika route. I did Benedict's route and the Golden Route as well, both of which are much more compelling. I haven't done the Roland route yet, I've heard it's the worst by all accounts.

I would definitely give it another run. What I did was turn the battle speed up to maximum, skipped all the scenes I'd already seen, and changed the difficulty to easy for the battles I've already done on previous playthroughs. That allowed me to get to where the story branches without slogging through the same parts on subsequent runs

Fixed Glitch likes this.
  2. Fixed Glitch

AP Attitude Era Superstar Supporter

I saved at one of the main branches where you can still attain the golden route. Eventually will go back to replay, and that's good advise on speeding through. Definitely want to go through Benedicts route.

I really hope this becomes a series. There is massive potential here and the game was so polished all around. I've been thinking about so many different ways the Frederika ending could have been better though, still bugging me.

theagentcoma likes this.
  3. deflector

formerly pizzatime

I beat Live a Live. What a ride. Some chapters were definitely better than the others but overall it's deserving of being discussed in the same breath as the other Square SNES greats. It's amazing how influential some of these chapters feel, especially the far future and middle ages. Each one scratches a different itch. Highly recommended.

theagentcoma likes this.
  4. theagentcoma

Who did you choose as your main for the final chapter and who was your kung Fu pupil?

5. deflector

formerly pizzatime

Akira for main protag. Yun for disciple. I leveled them all equally and I guess he's the default. Would have preferred Len just to have a non-male character, but I didn't even know you could choose

theagentcoma likes this.
  6. theagentcoma

Same, I kinda just rotated training the pupils and ended up with the big guy. I definitely want to use Lei next time, she's the fastest and has the best abilities.

7. GBlades

Trusted

Has anyone played Chained Echoes yet?? Might be looking to get it.

8. Penlab

Trusted Supporter

It just came out on Steam a half hour ago. I want it.

9. GBlades

Trusted

Ohhh that early?? I knew it was soon. It looks so good!

Penlab likes this.
  10. theagentcoma

Currently in the middle of Atelier Ryza 2 and Tales of the Abyss for my present JRPG fix (always try to have 2 going). Tactics Ogre will be next!

February is gonna be huge, new Fire Emblem, Octopath 2, and Ryza 3.

Penlab likes this.
  11. oldjersey

Pro Podcaster Supporter

Chained Echoes is a classic turn-based JRPG based on the SNES era, it came out today and is getting rave fucking reviews.

Out on everything today.

Penlab and theagentcoma like this.
  12. GBlades

Trusted

I'm really thinking of getting it. It looks fantastic!

Penlab likes this.
  13. Penlab

Trusted Supporter

Look up, chief. We're one step ahead of you.

14. oldjersey

Pro Podcaster Supporter

Lmao i’m so self centered i dont read other posts. Oops.

Penlab likes this.
  15. oldjersey

Pro Podcaster Supporter

Lets all play and talk about it

Fixed Glitch and theagentcoma like this.
  16. GBlades

Trusted

Yesssssss.

17. Fixed Glitch

Charmed Echoes looks good.

I’m seriously running out of steam on Xenoblade 3. Can’t believe it too after how excited I was for the first 15-25 hours.

So many great ideas that just feel kinda empty at this point in the game (chapter 4)

*possible spoilers*

The items all have little to meaning as do the side quests aside from the hero quests, which are t doing much to move the needle either. I love the characters and I still want to see where the story goes, but it’s just all too lifeless right now. This is disadvantage of no weapons/armor etc. the accessories are a bore.

Damn. Gonna keep going for now and hope things take a turn. Still a beautiful game and a good game by all means.

18. oldjersey

Pro Podcaster Supporter

I’m not very far in Chained Echoes but I am really really digging the presentation and dialogue. Its high quality.

19. Fixed Glitch

Will start CE soon. I changed the difficulty to hard in XB3. Makes a big difference. Wishing I would have done this sooner. I actually died a few times haha.

theagentcoma and Penlab like this.
  20. GBlades

Trusted

I'm having so much fun with Chained Echoes. The story is enticing, and the combat is great. Hopefully it can stick to this.

Penlab likes this.
  21. theagentcoma

damn I completely missed the train on that one, to the wishlist it goes

22. solxace

oh word?

FINALLY i can play FF6 for the first time, thank u square

theagentcoma and Penlab like this.
  23. theagentcoma

LFGGGGGG

solxace and Penlab like this.
  24. Fixed Glitch

I finished XB3 last night. What a great ending!

the end boss fight with Z/Orgin was all that you could want from a JRPG final boss. The visuals as N and M created the final strike were incredible. I’m still figuring out the XB2 crossover points, but I think it makes sense. Curious as to what the new story DLC will be and I hope it is something that occurs after the ending of the main story. I actually completely forgot about the opening cutscene and was caught off guard with the true ending. Love the subtlety.
    The story is an all time top 5 for me. And the game overall really picked up right when I needed it to as things were starting to feel a little too redundant easy and meaningless. Comes in right after the original and ahead of XB2 for me.

theagentcoma likes this.
  25. Fixed Glitch

I just started it, so many option right now JRPG wise, but I better give this a shot after all the great things I’ve heard.