Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

The JRPG Thread • Page 24

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by theagentcoma, May 14, 2018.

1. theagentcoma

yeah good okay Prestigious

Never played an Atelier game. Doesn't help that there are like 40 of them

Jake W likes this.
  2. Vase Full Of Rocks

Trusted Supporter

3. Fixed Glitch

AP Attitude Era Superstar Supporter

I felt the same way before getting Ryza. I had played one game in the series very briefly before realizing that I wasn’t into it.

Ryza is good starting point from what I’ve gathered.

theagentcoma likes this.
  4. oldjersey

Pro Podcaster Supporter

The one for Switch is on sale right now, biggest sale it's ever had. I'm so torn though I watch gameplay and I'm really not sure if I'll like it. I know you like it though and we have similar tastes.

5. Vase Full Of Rocks

Trusted Supporter

Ahh, now I see why people play these games.

IMG_20200424_180405.jpg

6. Fixed Glitch

it’s worth a shot if you’re in the mood for a lighthearted, but involved JRPG. The story is great and the battle system is fun. The gathering and alchemy was my favorite part and I hear that it was a bit different with this new series. I liked crafting new items that allowed for more gathering/exploration.

7. Vase Full Of Rocks

Trusted Supporter

Most of the characters are pretty bland, but the fact that they got rid of the time limits made this game 200% more enjoyable than the older entries.

It also looks like the sequel will be very interesting.

8. oldjersey

Pro Podcaster Supporter

Figured i'd move this here out of the wrestling thread haha.

Ohhhhh you're playing Cold Steel probably. That's the third story arc I believe? I'm playing Trails in the Sky which is the first 3 game story arc. It's on PSP and Steam but yeah its fuckin great.

theagentcoma likes this.
  9. Fixed Glitch

I don’t think I ever played the first first 3 games. I may have tried them at one point... so many different JRPG series to keep track of.

wasn’t it originally a Sega based series...?

anyway, yeah cold steel is incredible. Are you going to play through all of them?

Vase Full Of Rocks likes this.
  10. oldjersey

Pro Podcaster Supporter

Hmm yeah I think the series goes back way before the games i'm playing.

Yeah I intend on playing all 8+ games that are connected to each other, it's a royal pain in the ass but I got a couple people on here that are showing me how it can be done.

11. Joe4th

Memories are nice, but that's all they are. Prestigious

I played through them all besides Zero and Ao, just watched/read summaries for those two. Was an excellent decision. Incredible series.

12. oldjersey

Pro Podcaster Supporter

Yeah I think i'm going to try to play those two as well

13. theagentcoma

Bumping just to post this

20201221_194448.jpg

14. GBlades

Trusted

Ended up buying Tales of Vesperia on the PS for £8. Would be my first Tales game in anticipation for Arise.

Penlab, Joe4th and theagentcoma like this.
  15. mescalineeyes

just admit that I'm the fantasy Prestigious

That Arise demo whips ass

GBlades and theagentcoma like this.
  16. theagentcoma

Great choice. It was my first Tales game as well.

GBlades likes this.
  17. Great game

theagentcoma and GBlades like this.
  18. GBlades

Trusted

Was going to buy it for Switch, my go-to for JRPGs, but it was £39.99 and i'm not paying that for an "older" game. Hopefully get some time with it tonight/this weekend. Arise has got me really excited for a new JRPG but someone in my work was talking about Vesperia so bought it.

19. theagentcoma

Yeah it always goes on sale so I picked it up for like $10, I think it was?

20. GBlades

Trusted

Yeah, £8 here so works out. I'll start it later tonight :) for some reason it gave me very Breath of Fire vibes!

theagentcoma likes this.
  21. Penlab

Trusted Supporter

I miss Breath Of Fire. I wish Capcom would make a new one that wasn't mobile only and also stuck in Japan. But they won't, because we can't have nice things.

While I'm reminiscing, MAKE LUNAR 3 YOU COWARDS

22. Penlab

Trusted Supporter

Koei Tecmo annoys me, because I would love to get into the Atelier games, except as you say, there's a billion on Steam, they're all expensive, and Koei never has them on sale, or at least any substantial sale. It's... vexing.

theagentcoma likes this.
  23. PureBlueSF

Regular Supporter

Backed, because Vesperia was also my first Tales game and it's great. Xillia is my personal favorite but that's only on the PS3

theagentcoma likes this.
  24. theagentcoma

I took the dive since I have a hacked Vita with like 8 of the games on there. Already completed Rorona Plus and I'm playing Totori Plus rn. Very fun and relaxing.

Penlab likes this.
  25. Fixed Glitch

Really excited for Arise. Haven’t played the demo. Would rather just have it be fresh.