Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

The JRPG Thread • Page 19

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by theagentcoma, May 14, 2018.

1. theagentcoma

yeah good okay Prestigious

I honestly got hella lucky beating it. Every one of my party members was dead after multiple revives except Vivi. I remember using his double cast ability and thinking that if it didn't kill the boss then I was dead. And I got him! Pure luck.

I'll never attempt Ozma though. F that.

I guess I need to take you seriously then. I've only played DQ 1, 2, 5, and 9. I mentioned in the Nintendo thread that the demo was beautiful. I'm gonna restart it and play it for real before I decide if I want to get it. Probably will lol

oldjersey likes this.
  2. oldjersey

Pro Podcaster Supporter

You will love it dude we are into the same exact type of rpgs.

theagentcoma likes this.
  3. Joe4th

Memories are nice, but that's all they are. Prestigious

Playing through FFVIII again on the switch right now, and I forgot how much I love the character dynamics with one another. Squall's character progression is still one of my absolute favorites in games.

theagentcoma likes this.
  4. theagentcoma

Yep, gonna do Octopath again. It's been over a year. I literally bought a Switch just to play it. I put over 80 hours into my initial run, but never took on the secret boss.

Last time, I chose the PATH characters (Primrose, Alfyn, Tressa, H'aanit). This time I'm doing the traditional OCTO (Ophelia, Cyrus, Therion, Olberic) run, with the classic healer/mage/thief/warrior setup. Can't freaking wait.

5. oldjersey

Pro Podcaster Supporter

Anyone ever play Romancing Saga 3?

Out on switch today and I can't tell if it's something I would even like.

theagentcoma likes this.
  6. Jake W

oh my god, I'm back on my bullshit Prestigious

You would like it

theagentcoma likes this.
  7. oldjersey

Pro Podcaster Supporter

Fuck the battle system looks like it is straight up the same as Alliance Alive which I am not enjoying at all yet

8. theagentcoma

Yeah the Romancing games look really cool but apparently are difficult and complicated

9. theagentcoma

any good sales going on? I know Ni No Kuni is one sale for the Switch and so is Romancing SaGa 3

10. thenewmatthewperry

performative angry black man Prestigious

I really want to play Lightning Returns, has anyone given it a shot?

11. Morrissey

Trusted

It is really fun if you ignore the story.

12. oldjersey

Pro Podcaster Supporter

FF X is 25 bucks for switch on amazon, really considering it just to own it.

theagentcoma likes this.
  13. ikanacanyon

Free jake w

I liked LR. I’m a sucker for an apocalypse story and I thought the battle system was pretty fun

theagentcoma likes this.
  14. theagentcoma

I beat Octopath again just in time for Star Ocean next week

15. Fixed Glitch

AP Attitude Era Superstar Supporter

Update on Atlier Ryza. The game really picks up about 4-5 hours in. Loving the diversity in the quests. The combat is fun and challenging. The visuals are great. Still getting the hang of the alchemy...

I think I’m hooked, wasn’t sure at first.

16. Fixed Glitch

AP Attitude Era Superstar Supporter

I loved that guy with the guitar haha

Great game.

theagentcoma likes this.
  17. theagentcoma

I really need to go back and finish Chrono Cross.

Also, there's very little info for the Star Ocean First Departure R Switch release. There's no preorder or really any info. It comes out next Thursday, I plan on picking it up right away.

18. Vase Full Of Rocks

Trusted Supporter

I just want Rune Factory 4 Special FFS

theagentcoma and Jake W like this.
  19. Cipher

Never been much of a Final Fantasy fan, but I'm really enjoying Final Fantasy XII right now. It wasn't what I expected it to be.

ikanacanyon and theagentcoma like this.
  20. theagentcoma

Picked up Star Ocean First Departure R for the Switch. It's only $21. Highly recommend it if you like the Tales of games.

ikanacanyon and Jake W like this.
  21. theagentcoma

So what has your JRPG journey in 2019 looked like? It's pretty much the only genre I play anymore, with a few exceptions. I don't really consider myself a 'gamer' considering I own the following systems: Switch, DS Lite, SNES Classic, PS Classic. That's it. And the latter three are reserved for playing the classics, so that's why my list looks dated:

JRPGs I completed in 2019:

1. Golden Sun - yeah, I beat it a third time. Still just as fun. I have only given the sequel one attempt years ago, but I'm hoping to get to it next year.
    2. Octopath Traveler - actually played this one more than any other game on my Switch, even though I beat it last year. I cleared the *secret* final boss this time around and as such can say I truly beat it.
    3. Lunar Silver Star Story - second attempt and I finished it this time. Definitely a must play.
    4. Breath of Fire 4 - I love this franchise, and this was the one I always wanted to play. Had a lot of fun with it, although I didn't spent nearly the amount of time on this one (like 25-28 hours) as I did with the other games on this list.
    5. Fire Emblem Three Houses - maybe the game of the year. It got me interested in my Switch again after I hadn't touched it for a month or so. I will definitely be playing through this again next year while choosing a different house.
    6. Wargroove - the first Switch game I bought & beat this year. Would play again on a different difficulty.

JRPGs I have files on that I need to finish:

1. Lufia 2 - I've already finished it once at the very least.
    2. Arc the Lad 2 - good game, bad timing. I got hooked on BotW around this time.
    3. Dragon Quest - the original was like $5. I had both 1 & 2 on one cartridge for the GBC growing up so I figured it'd be a nice easy buy. I play it when I can turn my brain off while watching a show or something.
    4. Star Ocean First Departure R - playing this right now and loving it.

Oh yeah and I beat Breath of the Wild after putting it off forever and also beat the remake of Link's Awakening, which is my favorite Zelda game ever.

GBlades likes this.
  22. GBlades

Trusted

BoF4 and Golden Sun are 2 of my favourite games ever that need new additions to the franchise

Fixed Glitch and theagentcoma like this.
  23. ChaseTx

Big hat enthusiast Prestigious

I started Persona 4. Very fun so far

24. theagentcoma

Still have never played a Persona game

25. Jake W

oh my god, I'm back on my bullshit Prestigious

Persona 5 is my fave game ever

4 is very good too

solxace and Joe4th like this.