Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

The Japanese House Interview With The Independent

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, Mar 4, 2019.

1. Melody Bot

Your friendly little forum bot. Staff Member

This article has been imported from chorus.fm for discussion. All of the forum rules still apply.

Alexandra Pollard, writing at The Independent:

“Most of the songs were written before the breakup, which is weird because it does sound like a breakup record,” says Bain, as we settle on the floor beneath the shade of a tree. “I’ve analysed them retrospectively, and it feels like they’re about a breakup, but at the time, I wasn’t thinking, ‘I wanna break up with Marika’. I guess I was breaking up with a portion of myself as well. And that’s really hard to do. A lot of like, issues that I had… I had loads of anger and lots of weird stuff, like drinking and drug taking.”

The new album came out last week and it gets my full recommendation. It’s damn good.

2. prattsy

Regular

Listened to this twice at work today for the first time. Went in fairly blind to the sound and damn, I really liked it. A couple of elite tracks and a handful of very good. Also has some Matt Healy in it!

3. Ska Senanake

Trusted

Holy cow she sounds just like Imogen Heap