Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

The Irishman (Martin Scorsese, 2018) Movie • Page 6

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by airik625, Dec 21, 2016.

1. Brother Beck

Trusted Supporter

The latest clip for this with Pacino verbally sparring with Stephen Graham is incredible. Much better than all of the trailers. I cannot wait for this to come out on Netflix.

2. Fronnyfron

Woke Up Right Handed Prestigious

So apparently my close friend's roommate's family owns the restaurant where the scenes in this were filmed. Met De Niro and everything. Holy shit

riotspray and Brother Beck like this.
  3. jbaseball44

Who Watches The Watchmen? Supporter

Will be going this coming Saturday at IFC center in NYC

Brother Beck likes this.
  4. iCarly Rae Jepsen

run away with me Platinum

justice for Anna Paquin and Brie Larson in Don Jon

5. DarkHotline

Proud To Bathe With A Rag On A Stick Prestigious

SOO-KEH

chewbacca110, Zilla and phaynes12 like this.
  6. Marx&Recreation Oct 29, 2019
    (Last edited: Oct 29, 2019)
    Marx&Recreation

Trusted

I assume she had a more prominent role than one line but they just ended up cutting a lot of it? Or it’s a Robbie/Once Upon a Time situation where she actually does play a prominent role but there are just morons out there who think acting=dialogue.

Because I can’t see anyone shelling out for a big name like her just for a super small role

SteveLikesMusic and coleslawed like this.
  7. Nathan

Always do the right thing. Supporter

She also might have taken a smaller than usual role to work with Scorsese. Actors do that often. But yeah acting is more than dialogue.

8. Zilla

Trusted Supporter

It makes a lot of sense in the context of the movie.

9. Anthony_

A (Cancelled) Dork Prestigious

10. dqwinny

THRILLHOUSE Supporter

seeing this tomorrow. too pumped.

11. riotspray

Trusted Prestigious

I know this "opened" today, but is it still super limited? Is it going to go wider before hitting Netflix?

12. iCarly Rae Jepsen

I know my local arthouse cinema is getting it at some point

13. riotspray

Trusted Prestigious

It looks like there's one local arthouse theater getting it here, but not until the Netflix release :(

14. Jake Gyllenhaal

Wookie of the Year Supporter

Go here to see the closest theater near you. The closest one for me is 38 miles away and won't open for two more weeks

The Irishman | Netflix

15. Morrissey

Trusted

Quite a few places are getting it on the 22nd, even my suburb.

16. Anthony_

I get why Netflix is doing the rollout this way (giving theaters a period of exclusivity to appease the Academy and boost the film’s chances at the Oscars) but, like, it’s a Scorsese movie with De Niro, Pacino, and Pesci. Open it wide right away, it’ll make money and be worth it.

17. riotspray

Trusted Prestigious

I want to see this in a theater, but it's gonna be hard to justify paying for it if I have to wait for Netflix release anyway and I can't use my A-List for it.

Anthony_ likes this.
  18. Anthony_

Yeah exactly. Like I’d pay to see it this weekend if it isn’t on Netflix until 11/27, but it’ll be hard to justify paying to see it on 11/22 if that’s when theaters near me that aren’t in Manhattan get it.

riotspray likes this.
  19. riotspray

Trusted Prestigious

I'm in Dallas (big city) and we're only getting it at one theater, and not until the 27th. Even if it were to start playing the 22nd, I'd be tempted to pay to see it, but when I can stay at home and watch it for free on the SAME DAY, it's gonna be hard to justify. This is coming from a long time Scorsese fan who cares about the theater experience. The average person definitely isn't gonna go pay to see it in theaters given the choice to watch it at home for free on the same day.

Anthony_ likes this.
  20. Jake Gyllenhaal

Some major theater chains like AMC require movies they run for at least a three-month gap until Netflix will stream it. Netflix didn't want to abide by that so it will only screen in theater chains that agreed with Netflix's roll-out plan. Also I read that Netflix was pretty much the only place that would finance the movie's big budget. I suppose it was their best option to get the movie made.

21. Anthony_

there are a lot of theaters in NJ that aren’t AMC or Regal or whatever, and none of the ones i usually go to are showing this this weekend. It’s bizarre.

22. imthegrimace

the poster formally known as thesheriff Supporter

A theater near me is getting it 11/20 but I honestly don’t know if I can sit in a theater for that long at this point.

riotspray likes this.
  23. riotspray

Trusted Prestigious

Yeah 3.5 hours is a long ass time to sit in a theater. I want to think that I'd be engaged enough that it wouldn't be a problem, but my ADD usually kicks in about 15 minutes into anything, so who am I kidding

24. iCarly Rae Jepsen

On the other hand I feel like watching a 3 hour movie at home is hard, I also get distracted watching any movie on Netflix

25. Jake Gyllenhaal

What I'm probably gonna end up doing is split it up between two nights at home

iCarly Rae Jepsen likes this.