Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

The Irishman (Martin Scorsese, 2018) Movie • Page 3

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by airik625, Dec 21, 2016.

1. phaynes12

https://expertfrowner.bandcamp.com/ Prestigious

both projects sound dope

Anthony_ and a nice person like this.
  3. jbaseball44

Who Watches The Watchmen? Supporter

im not sure why I doubted mister scorsese a bit but it looks quite good

coleslawed likes this.
  4. zmtr

Trusted

Don't think I've ever been more excited for a movie.

5. phaynes12

https://expertfrowner.bandcamp.com/ Prestigious

yesssssssss

6. youll be fine

Trusted Supporter

Totally in. The de-aging or whatever doesn’t look bad at all

7. Anthony_

A (Cancelled) Dork Prestigious

Holyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy shitttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttt

The effects look great, crazy how far this tech has come since even Civil War in 2016. Most anticipated for the rest of the year by far.

8. Steve_JustAGuy

Trusted

This looks great. Joe Pesci is awesome.

9. flask

Trusted Supporter

Summers over baby it’s time for the good stuff.

coleslawed likes this.
  10. aoftbsten

Trusted Supporter

This looks great. The de-aging is still a little noticeable, but maybe I was just looking for it.

11. SlappinCups

Hurley apologist Prestigious

GrantCloud and aliens exist like this.
  12. Brother Beck Jul 31, 2019
    (Last edited: Jul 31, 2019)
    Brother Beck

Trusted Supporter

The de-aging looked good. I feel like it's mostly apparent simply because we know it's there and are looking for it, like we all know how DeNiro looks nowadays yet here he is looking younger. Aside from the vfx though, this looks awesome. Great to have Joe Pesci back, as others have said.

This seems like a better use of money and effort and resources than a lot of the CGI he used in Wolf of Wall Street. I remember watching the vfx breakdown where they show you a bunch of the 'invisible' cgi that was employed in WOWS and while almost all of it was no doubt extremely impressive and almost completely undetectable, it also struck me as insanely wasteful. There's a shot where Leo is knocking on the door of a nice but otherwise non-descript brick house and they use CGI to completely change the house to a nice but otherwise non-descript yet painted white house as opposed to a brick one. The CGI looks fantastic, yet the whole thing just seems so pointless. Neither house is anything remarkable, and if Scorcese wanted Leo to knock on the door of a white house instead of a brick house, why not shoot him knocking on the door of a white house...?

coleslawed likes this.
  13. DarkHotline

Proud To Bathe With A Rag On A Stick Prestigious

I’m honestly just excited that Joe Pesci is in a movie again

14. Serh

Prestigious Prestigious

OhTheWater likes this.
  15. Looks great. Didn't get any extended scenes or shots, but the de-aging looks good.

16. Driving2theBusStation

Regular

Something about the lighting in the de-aging vfx shots makes me think of high-end PS4 Pro character models, but overall the filmmaking seems pretty dang impressive.

17. Sean Murphy

Prestigious Supporter

i guess i didnt know that this was a netflix movie and i am psyched to view it a thousand times

18. iCarly Rae Jepsen

run away with me Platinum

Thanksgiving weekend

popdisaster00 likes this.
  19. imthegrimace

the poster formally known as thesheriff Supporter

oh hell yeah my birthday weekend

20. Nathan

Always do the right thing. Supporter

No wide release at all? Fucking Netflix

Ken and iCarly Rae Jepsen like this.
  21. OhTheWater

Let it run Supporter

Damn

22. Jake Gyllenhaal

Wookie of the Year Supporter

Hoping the indie theater near me will be showing it. They did screen Roma last year.

23. iCarly Rae Jepsen

run away with me Platinum

Apparently Netflix and the major chains couldn't agree on an exclusivity window but yeah this sucks

24. Morrissey

Trusted

Scorsese is the rare director who can get people to turn out for a non-superhero movie, especially with that cast. This is just intentionally destroying the theater system.

25. aoftbsten

Trusted Supporter

This is a big bummer. I hope it's playing near me.