Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

The Invisible Man (Leigh Whannell, February 28, 2020) Movie • Page 4

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by Serh, Feb 25, 2020.

1. This was good.

2. Garrett

i tore a hole in the fabric of time Moderator

more like a nice side to side shuffle of quality.

joe.boy.fresh. likes this.
  3. secretsociety92

Music, Gaming, Movies and Guys = Life

Not saying it would necessarily be a good idea but considering its success I wouldn't be surprised if they made another.

4. BackyardHero11

Trusted

there are definitely interesting ways they could take a sequel, but i'd rather they leave it as well and just focus on the next universal monster. i know Whannell mentioned what he'd like to do with Dracula (no capes, no fog), which aside from the fact is there's something about Dracula that i prefer the period theatrics to it, i think we've had lots of Dracula. i'd like to see a Wolfman movie.

5. DickyCullz

I create content for some of your favorite artists

Elizabeth Moss fights the patriarchy with the invisible suit.

6. michael_gatto

Trusted

Finally saw this tonight and loved it. The dinner scene genuinely made my jaw drop and that hasn't happened to me in a while so props to that. Also goes without saying Moss was fantastic.

BackyardHero11 likes this.
  7. BackyardHero11

Trusted

that scene still sticks in my head, vividly, couldn't believe it.

8. Serh

Prestigious Prestigious

9. Dinner scene left my jaw dropped for a good minute. Really enjoyed this!

10. jkauf

Prestigious Supporter

airik625, RyanPm40 and JeanRalphio like this.
  11. ReginaPhilange

Trusted Prestigious

uhhhh this was bad. wtf.

12. ReginaPhilange

Trusted Prestigious

I really like Elisabeth Moss too and could not get into this.

trevorshmevor likes this.
  13. phaynes12

https://expertfrowner.bandcamp.com/ Prestigious

wrong

14. ReginaPhilange

Trusted Prestigious

yeah none of this made any sense. nice try though.

15. ReginaPhilange

Trusted Prestigious

the plot loops you have to jump through to think this is good are beyond me.

16. ReginaPhilange

Trusted Prestigious

i'm not a film buff or anything so I'd genuinely like to hear why this film is good besides "wrong".

trevorshmevor likes this.
  17. flask

Trusted Supporter

This was decent. Definitely good for a movie released in the first 3 months of the year. The restaurant scene was silly. The movie was very well directed though. Lots of prolonged shots and odd angles that had me looking around the frame to see if anything was out of place or moving.

18. airik625

we've seen the shadow of the axe before Supporter

What didn’t make sense to you

19. phaynes12

https://expertfrowner.bandcamp.com/ Prestigious

wrong

Contender and DrAlanGrant like this.
  20. ReginaPhilange Apr 6, 2020
    (Last edited: Apr 6, 2020)
    ReginaPhilange

Trusted Prestigious

sounds about right lmao.

anyone care to explain why the brother was in the suit. or why a tech ceo has an invisibility suit that no one knows about (real plausible). Or that the suit uses cameras to render itself invisible, cuz you know, that makes sense.

idek why I engage with the bad faith posters in this forum tbh.

21. ReginaPhilange

Trusted Prestigious

honestly just lazy writing. Elisabeth Moss was good as expected though.

22. RyanPm40

The Torment of Existence Supporter

I don't understand what's unbelievable about a rich tech CEO having secret tech?

Still haven't seen this though tbf lol. Keep putting it off, but I am surprised to see this negative reaction because I've only seen positive things everywhere else

23. ReginaPhilange

Trusted Prestigious

I mean if it wasn't an invisibility suit in a world where nothing like it exists, nothing. Honestly it's not even my main issue with the movie, just a silly detail they expected you to buy into in a very lazy fashion of "oh he's an optics company ceo makes sense". Oh and yeah he's gonna use what's ostensibly billions of dollars worth of tech and probably a lifetime's worth of research tooo... stalk a girl. couldn't buy into it.

RyanPm40 likes this.
  24. flask

Trusted Supporter

There’s probably a name for it but the concept of a suit/object being covered in cameras that each project what’s on the opposite side of it to create the illusion of invisibility has been around for a while. I’m pretty sure a James Bond movie used it to make his car “invisible.”

25. Garrett

i tore a hole in the fabric of time Moderator

The US military uses that technology already too

Jason Tate likes this.