Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

The Invisible Man (Leigh Whannell, February 28, 2020) Movie • Page 3

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by Serh, Feb 25, 2020.

1. drewinseries

Drew

I liked how from Moss’ point of view Adrian was never the victim even if the movie leaves it ambiguous. But his abuse towards her created the fear within her that took away her safety leading to her actions at the end. Whether he was involved or not, his actions rippled to his own death. The scene of crying walking out of frame to just standing there with little emotion was great.

2. TJ Wells

Trusted Prestigious

I don’t think it left it ambiguous at all.

3. drewinseries

Drew

Maybe I’m remembering wrong but it doesn’t definitely say or show that he was always involved, though I think it’s pretty clear he was.

4. phaynes12

https://expertfrowner.bandcamp.com/ Prestigious

the "surprise" line in the hospital when she was admitted was clearly him. him and his brother don't necessarily have similar voices. he was definitely involved. the scene where his brother was actually caught is the only one that im not fully convinced was adrian

Zilla and Lucas27 like this.
  5. Lucas27

Trusted

I don’t think it was left ambiguous for the audience because of ”surprise”.

That said, there’s a detail at the end after she kills Adrian when she’s trying to convince James about him... but she sounds like she’s convincing herself too. He’s finally dead for real and he’s STILL manipulating her by making her second guess herself, and now she may always wonder whether or not she was wrong about him because he’s not alive for her to get anymore closure than she has. That one word may have convinced her enough in the moment to kill him, but it won’t be enough to convince her down the road (at least not without solid relationships and counseling).

So I think it’s clear for us as the audience, but less clear for her character as someone who’s been through so much abuse. Which is why the ending is so haunting and only partly cathartic.

6. Serh

Prestigious Prestigious

7. Serh

Prestigious Prestigious

BackyardHero11 and phaynes12 like this.
  8. xapplexpiex

sup? Supporter

this blew me away. my audience ruled too.

VincewithoutheE likes this.
  9. This was fantastic. Definitely more enjoyable with a group of friends in a packed theater that ruled too. Especially during a particular part in the middle of it. What a ride.

10. DickyCullz

I create content for some of your favorite artists

the two parts in this that made my audience scream super loud, was the attic paint throw, and the restaurant scene. so well done, and I'm glad the one trailer I watched had a lot of scenes not in the movie or played differently.

chewbacca110 likes this.
  11. chewbacca110

He wrenches on it. He thinks it's his.

The Oscars famously doesn’t recognize the horror genre, but I would love to see Elisabeth Moss nominated for The Invisible Man. #Justice4ToniandFlorence

12. Lucas27

Trusted

#andLupita

13. chewbacca110

He wrenches on it. He thinks it's his.

Lucas27 likes this.
  14. Lucas27

Trusted

Don’t worry. It was only a horrible mistake.

15. airik625

we've seen the shadow of the axe before Supporter

Had a great time with this one. The dinner table scene had me shook.

chewbacca110 and Matt Chylak like this.
  16. jjnunn118

Signal Vs. Noise Prestigious

Dinner table scene hit me the same way an early scene in Hereditary did. Just utter shock, my jaw was dropped for several minutes

Lucas27 likes this.
  17. airik625

The director, Whannell, made such an impressive leap from his first movie, Upgrade. Cannot wait to see what he does next.

18. Lucas27

Trusted

I think said Hereditary scene desensitized me to where any shocking scene seems to pale in comparison. But it’s definitely in that same vein. It’s a terrific scene.

joe.boy.fresh. likes this.
  19. phaynes12

https://expertfrowner.bandcamp.com/ Prestigious

that wasn’t his first movie but i agree this is a big leap

20. stayillogical

Kayak, deed, rotator, noon, racecar, Woo Young-woo Prestigious

I wouldn't call it a big leap. Upgrade was fantastic.

21. airik625

Oh damn I thought it was. I see now he directed Insidious Chapter 3. Never watched it.

22. joe.boy.fresh.

Trusted

it’s the best insidious movie!

airik625 likes this.
  23. Matt Chylak

I can always be better, so I'll always try. Supporter

Loved this! Paint scene made me shout out in the theater, which is not something I’m wont to do. Sometimes the actors looked a little dopey fighting the air, but it is what it is.

24. secretsociety92 Mar 8, 2020
    (Last edited: Mar 8, 2020)
    secretsociety92

Music, Gaming, Movies and Guys = Life

Enjoyed this but whether or not my expectations were too high or not I did feel like I wanted to love it more plus I feel like Upgrade is the better film. Be interesting to see if any sequels are made like they did to the original film now that this has become a huge box office success.

25. TJ Wells

Trusted Prestigious

I don't...understand what a sequel to this would be. I feel like it'd be really ill-advised.

SpyKi likes this.