Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

The Invisible Man (Leigh Whannell, February 28, 2020) Movie

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by Serh, Feb 25, 2020.

1. Serh

Prestigious Prestigious

weirdly didn't see a thread for this already (don't say it was also invisible)

[​IMG]

2. Serh

Prestigious Prestigious

missing this tonight to see emma

3. Henry

Moderator Moderator

reviews for this have been really good so far.

4. blast0rama

Internet human. Supporter

Love me some Lizzie Moss. Definitely checking it out once I shake this damn bout of bronchitis.

5. the rural juror

carried in the arms of cheerleaders

Nice of them to show the entire movie in that trailer

trevorshmevor likes this.
  6. Serh

Prestigious Prestigious

some people who’ve seen it already say that’s not the case

7. flask

Trusted Supporter

Honestly ive been looking forward to this lol.

8. Kuri44 Feb 25, 2020
    (Last edited by a moderator: Feb 25, 2020)
    Kuri44

Yeah I won’t be seeing this movie due to my love and adoration for the original (Whereas this one just looks bland) as well as Moss’ relation/endorsement to/of Scientology, which after starring in the extremely overrated show that is The Handmaid’s Tale, is another ironic role she’s somehow starring in (I also just don’t find her to be lead actress worthy)

A couple of my friends along with their s/o’s had the chance to see this and they said it was a run of the mill horror film. Though tbf, one of them said they still had a fun time watching it and would watch it again

9. TJ Wells

Trusted Prestigious

Every indication that this is great. Can’t wait.

10. phaynes12

https://expertfrowner.bandcamp.com/ Prestigious

i’m quite excited for this

11. Shrek

can't be made fun of Prestigious

i thought this looked horrible based on trailers, reviews definitely have piqued my interest tho

zachmacD and Garrett L. like this.
  12. RyanPm40

The Torment of Existence Supporter

Oof had no idea that Moss was into scientology

13. TJ Wells

Trusted Prestigious

Also, I'd argue that Moss is maybe THE most exciting actress working right now.

jkauf likes this.
  14. phaynes12

https://expertfrowner.bandcamp.com/ Prestigious

i like her acting quite a bit. her being a scientologist sucks big time though.

15. Serh

Prestigious Prestigious

still haven't seen her smell

16. Zilla

Trusted Supporter

Is this the Unpopular Entertainment Opinions thread?

Her being a Scientologist does suck, though.

Kuri44, RyanPm40 and TJ Wells like this.
  17. iCarly Rae Jepsen

run away with me Platinum

It should be noted she was raised a Scientologist which I think makes it slightly better

18. TJ Wells

Trusted Prestigious

I agree with this. Honestly I don't see it as THAT much worse as being raised a Catholic and still defending the Catholic church. It sucks, but that shit is hard to scrub from your life completely. I think I'd call myself a pretty solid atheist but I'm still pretty positive I'll deathbed convert and am still mildly afraid of the idea of a hell.

19. Zilla

Trusted Supporter

That's a fair point. As far as I know, she's never been vocal about her support of Scientology and being in the middle of a pretty big career, would have to worry so much about the harassment she would face from them if she did come out against them.

The comment she made about her religion contradicting her religious beliefs was pretty much a non-answer and just said "I'm a feminist and I support Freedom of Speech," so I don't think she's comfortable speaking on it.

phaynes12 and iCarly Rae Jepsen like this.
  20. RyanPm40

The Torment of Existence Supporter

This made me look up a list of some celebrity Scientologists and I'm sad to see that Michael Peña is also on that list heh

21. jkauf Feb 26, 2020
    (Last edited: Feb 26, 2020)
    jkauf

Prestigious Supporter

Yeah, as a member of a cult, raised and indoctrinated in it, she’s also brainwashed and a victim — while that doesn’t necessarily excuse some behavior of such ones.

koryoreo, Zilla and RyanPm40 like this.
  22. jkauf

Prestigious Supporter

I say it’s worse only because of how captive it is and some of the tactics they use.

23. sawhney[rusted]2

I'll write you into all of my songs Supporter

Absolutely. And the aspect of utilizing financial classes to further indoctrination, doesn't paint her in a positive light as she probably is given a higher "level" than other because of her social/financial status. It's very gross and exploitative, moreso than the Catholic church. But its getting into the weeds of the matter

koryoreo, RyanPm40 and jkauf like this.
  24. Serh

Prestigious Prestigious

Contender likes this.
  25. Serh

Prestigious Prestigious

hopefully seeing this tomorrow