Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

The Interrupters

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by domotime2, May 16, 2018.

1. domotime2

Great Googly Moogly Supporter

Okay it's time for an official thread. This band fucking rules. Easily my favorite new punk band of this decade.... one of those bands that every song of theirs im like, "yeah this rules".

and yeah fuck heres' a new video

JimmyIymmiJ and Kuri44 like this.
  2. invaderphantom

The new album is a banger, this band is fucking great! Discovered them because they supported Green Day in Europe. Great live peformance and I agree, nearly every song is awesome. I highly recommend checking out the song on the new record that features Rancid (all three vocalists!).

Kuri44 likes this.
  3. JRGComedy

Trusted Supporter

Saw them open for Reel Big Fish and Less Than Jake a couple years ago and they put on a fun set!

4. ZooZooChaCha Jul 2, 2018
    (Last edited: Jul 2, 2018)
    ZooZooChaCha

Trusted Supporter

Like the album - but kinda turned off when I found out the lead singer was on the Alex Jones show back in 2008. 4th hit for her on a search is a Storm Front article as well about that appearance.

Pretty interesting read here too, along with a response from one of the band members

The Duff Guide to Ska: Know Your Product: The Interrupters

5. invaderphantom

If you read the response of the band member you'll realize that Aimee's beliefs have changed a lot. I'm certain she doesn't have the same beliefs she had more than 10 years ago, otherwise I'd really doubt they'd be such great friends with Green Day who gave them a platform to perform their songs (and the messages within) in front of hundreds of thousands of people.

6. domotime2

holy fucking shit. this album is fucking amazing!!!!! wow!

7. MexicanGuitars

Chorus’ Expert on OTIP Track #8 Supporter

Album has floored me. It's mad

8. ZooZooChaCha

Trusted Supporter

Performance from Kimmel the other night - cool to see some ska on a mainstream show again!

9. AlwaysEvolving21

Trusted Supporter

Their newest album is fucking good. Im just now getting around to listening to it. SO FUN.

10. invaderphantom

"She's Kerosene" is possibly one of the best ska songs ever, and definitely the best ska song of the 2010s (though there's not much competition there).

AlwaysEvolving21 likes this.
  11. razorburn

Trusted

Agreed.

12. bobby_runs

where would i be if i was my brain Prestigious

Got my tix to see them headline here in San Diego

13. fredwordsmith

Trusted Supporter

So...in light of the previous Alex Jones/Stormfront stuff with Aimee from long ago.

Look at the lyrics from "Outrage":

A house of cards, about to fall
    Where they go one, they go all
    People are hurting, they feel the burden
    They get from learning whats behind the curtain
    They put a mask on to speak their minds
    They need a veil to hide behind

That's goddamn QAnon stuff. The bold line is a take on their slogan!

Tell me I'm wrong about this. Please tell me they aren't into that cult. I love this band's music so much, but I can't give them money if they're truly this far off the wagon.

14. Gnarly Charlie

Good guy, but a bad dude

QAnon is probably even more recent than their last album right?
    Shit is infuriatingly stupid

15. irthesteve

formerly irthesteve Prestigious

I liked their last album, but really do love the latest

16. So is there anything substantial to this in the last couple of years? I saw on instagram that she mostly follows progressive politicians and didn't pick up on any weird Q stuff on there based on a quick skim-through

17. fredwordsmith

Trusted Supporter

There better goddamn not be because I'm about to give them a bunch of money a week from tonight at a show. But if I see any Q/white people hand signs, we're burning the Varsity to the ground.

popdisaster00 likes this.
  18. I was thinking of going to that show haha

19. MrSark

On doit jouer à domicile comme à la maison.

Don't think so. I mean she just recently posted about recording with Tom Morello. Don't think he would records with someone who didn't share his world views. or that anyone on the right would actually record with him for that matter...

20. fredwordsmith

Trusted Supporter

Masked Intruder is the opener and their new record is ACES. I can't wait for it. Last show I went there for was the Menzingers and they tore the roof off.

21. ZooZooChaCha

Trusted Supporter

22. bobby_runs

where would i be if i was my brain Prestigious

Pretty cool cover.

23. 333 GANG

ACAB

They crushed that. So good.

24. SuddenUrgeJoey

queer as fuck. Supporter

1973A02E-D8CA-4F93-80CE-7AE6AECFFB73.jpeg

AlwaysEvolving21 and domotime2 like this.
  25. domotime2

Can not be more excited. What a tour

SuddenUrgeJoey likes this.