Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

The Injured List

Discussion in 'General Forum' started by mybreakingpoint, Nov 15, 2018.

1. mybreakingpoint Nov 15, 2018
    (Last edited: Nov 16, 2018)
    mybreakingpoint

The Greatest Escapegoat

So way back in the AP days, a lot of folks in the General forum (and AP in general) were really supportive of my band, The Injured List. We played a couple hundred shows in our tri-state area for a few years but were never "big", but AP always made us "feel" bigger than we were. We were even named an "Absolute 100" band one year which was a huge honor for us.

Anyway, after college we all went our different ways but in the last year, some of us have moved back into the same vicinity as one another and we've been trying to record and have fun again.

Along with that came the realization we never formally released (or really finished) our second album. Our first one, There's Always Next Year (2008), was well-supported by a lot of AP folks back in the day. We recorded about 90% of the follow-up record in 2010-11 before life got in the way. After that, the harddrive all the original files were on crashed and died and despite investing a few hundred dollars in trying to retrieve them, we never got them back.

But we've decided to FINALLY release the 90% completed second album and put the first album back into circulation on major platforms. We're also releasing a b-sides album with b-sides and covers on it, including our first recordings since 2011 or so.

There may not be many folks around here anymore that remember us, but I thought I'd share this just in case. The first record has already starting popping up on various platforms throughout this week (it's on Amazon, Google Play, Spotify, iTunes, etc. and should be on other platforms soon). The second record and b-sides album should start popping up on most major platforms starting tomorrow (the formal release date).

So for anyone interested, here's what we've got and what's coming. If you remember us, I hope you'll listen again. If you don't, I hope you'll check it out anyway.

I've included the cover art to all three, links to the first record, and some videos of songs from the two new ones. I'll add links to the full records tomorrow when they're up. Thanks for all the support over the years.

[​IMG]

Spotify: There's Always Next Year
    Amazon: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07KDCP9W7/?tag=absolutepunk-20
    iTunes: https://itunes.apple.com/us/album/theres-always-next-year/1441817004?uo=4&app=itunes

[​IMG]

Another Season On The Sidelines (2018):

1. Special
    2. It Never Happened
    3. First Impressions
    4. Worthless
    5. Out of My Head
    6. Cleaning Up
    7. Do Me A Favor
    8. Fair Game
    9. Not Like This
    10. Bones

Amazon: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07KDHWK1H/?tag=absolutepunk-20
    Spotify: Another Season on the Sidelines

[​IMG]

Cut From the Team: B-Sides, B. S., & Bad Stuff (2018):

1. Live To Win (Paul Stanley Cover)
    2. Better Places
    3. Think Of Christmas
    4. I Can't Stop Thinking About You (Sting Cover)
    5. Death Sentence (Demo)
    6. Beautiful Things
    7. Holiday In Houston
    8. Disappear (Demo)
    9. Lights Out (Rick Astley Cover)
    10. Haunt You (Demo)

Amazon: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07KDBWWFH/?tag=absolutepunk-20
    Spotify: Cut from the Team: B-Sides, B. S., & Bad Stuff

Kiana and Patterns in Traffic like this.
  2. I remember you guys! Enjoyed the debut album back when it was released. Glad to hear you're back doing things and I will definitely check out the new stuff.

mybreakingpoint likes this.
  3. mybreakingpoint

The Greatest Escapegoat

Thank you! I appreciate that. I have added links above to the two new releases on Spotify and Amazon. I appreciate the support :)

Patterns in Traffic likes this.