Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

The Hush Sound Band

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by septimus, Dec 6, 2016.

1. septimus

I remain ever hopeful that we'll get another album from this band eventually.

They're doing a New Years show in Chicago if anyone's in the area and interested.

2. irthesteve

formerly irthesteve Prestigious

Not A Stranger and especially Scavengers were great tracks, wasn't quite as into Tidal Wave. I'm also helpful we'll get more from them.

3. AndrewSoup

It's A Secret To Everyone Prestigious

coulda SWORE there was already a thread for them! but in any case; good band. love Goodbye Blues.

4. septimus

I was/am into all three, Tidal Wive is very different from anything they've put out before but I think with other two tracks gives a really cool idea of what the album they were working on would have sounded like, it's a bummer they seem to have abandoned it. Also Greta was doing some real interesting things with the vocals on that track, on both really.

I could only find one for the Like Vines anniversary tour ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    Goodbye Blues is their best imo. All of the songs work very well together and overall it just has a great vibe. Like Vines and So Sudden are great albums with some really great tacks but I wouldn't necessarily call them cohesive.

5. irthesteve

I used to really dislike Goodbye Blues, thought it didn't come out that well. But after giving it years and coming back to it, it's really fantastic, surprised how much I've done a 180 on it

6. septimus

This beautiful thing arrived in the mail this morning. Can't wait till I've got my player set up and I can give it a proper spin.

[​IMG]

AndrewSoup likes this.
  7. AndrewSoup

ayyy, i have that one!

8. iCarly Rae Jepsen

run away with me Platinum

irthesteve likes this.
  9. irthesteve

Wish I could go

10. AndrewSoup

surprised they're doing things still!

11. iCarly Rae Jepsen

Greta is mainly doing her solo stuff as Springtime Carnivore, which is really good, but she plays occasionally with The Hush Sound

12. AndrewSoup

iirc wasn't there some tension in the band the last time they played shows?

13. mattfreaksmeout

Trusted Supporter

I want to see them but I can't go to the Thalia Hall show and don't really want to deal with going to Wrigley on NYE.

14. septimus

Every time they do shows I seriously consider booking plane tickets and taking a trip. Wish I could afford to. Have fun to everyone going.

On a realated note, Greta's been working on SC album 3 so I'm pretty stoked about that.

15. DickyCullz

I create content for some of your favorite artists

is anyone going to the LA show? thinking of getting tix but don't have anyone to go with, and I'm not a solo gig goer

16. DickyCullz

I create content for some of your favorite artists

Anyone going tonight? Just going to get tickets on the door

17. iCarly Rae Jepsen

AndrewSoup and mattylikesfilms like this.
  18. AndrewSoup

yay!!! didn't realize it'd been that long!

(she is by far the best part of The Hush Sound)

19. irthesteve

I never really got into her Springtime Carnivore project, so selfishly I hope this is different from that, but either way I'm excited

20. irthesteve

I'm cautiously optimistic since she's spent the better part of the last few years in Vampire Weekend

21. AndrewSoup

...what??

22. irthesteve

AndrewSoup likes this.
  23. AndrewSoup

holy shit i did not know that, lol. that's fucking awesome

24. irthesteve

Yeah I saw them I think in 2018 with her and my little emo heart was SO happy to see her on stage with them, like a proud dad lol

25. irthesteve