Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

The Housekeeping, Decorating, and Furnishing Thread • Page 5

Discussion in 'General Forum' started by ChaseTx, Mar 13, 2016.

1. AelNire

@RiotGrlErin Supporter

My fave piece I own is this mosaic table. I love anything mosaic.

[​IMG]

lauren14, BirdPerson, Meerkat and 4 others like this.
  2. Henry

Moderator Moderator

All of my shit is pushed into one corner of the apt. And none of it matches because it was on sale. lol

[​IMG]

scott likes this.
  3. Kiana

Goddamn, man child Prestigious

I have my own room for the first time so I'm trying to dedicate certain areas to certain things. I have a Thursday wall so that's cool but it's not done yet. It's a small wall so it's not as cool as it sounds haha. I also have a corner of my vanity I reserve for my Britney/Xtina shrine where I keep their perfumes. My vanity is def my main focus. It's a bit ridiculous honestly. My dad bought me an awesome tabletop mirror for it and he's going to install the lights for me. I just need a big wall mirror and it'll be complete!

scott, Jason Tate and ChaseTx like this.
  4. ChaseTx

Big hat enthusiast Prestigious

I guess I should check out Thursday sometime

5. St. Nate

من النهر إلى البحر Prestigious

Never really gotten into them either.

6. Kiana

My Thursday wall is just a big poster, a gig poster, and a drumstick lol. My dad makes drumstick holders for the drumsticks he catches at shows so I'm trying to get him to make me one in the shape of a dove. We'll see. I'm trying to space it out cause I keep making him help me with stuff lol

ChaseTx likes this.
  7. Henry

Moderator Moderator

People have caught more than one drumstick? lol That's some luck.

Meerkat likes this.
  8. I have a guitar pick from Jesse Lacey but I have no idea how to display it in a cool way like you can with a drumstick.

9. Henry

Moderator Moderator

I have a few unit coins given to me by Generals and Colonels but not enough to get a display board or anything. That is disappointing.

10. Meerkat

human junk drawer Prestigious

I saw some girl very terrifyingly tackle another girl to get the New Politics drummer's drumstick (during the New Politics/Andrew McMahon tour) and her dad was so horrified she had tackled and truly scared another girl that he made them leave

Mr. Serotonin likes this.
  11. Kiana

My dad has a few. Once he caught one and someone bit him on the hand for it so he was like "lol just take it." People are so weird

I've never "caught" a drumstick, so much as Tucker halfheartedly threw them and they landed on the stage and I leaned over and picked it up. The only thing I've actually caught is a MCR setlist lol, but it's not that exciting.

12. St. Nate

من النهر إلى البحر Prestigious

I just like catching things. It's like a little personal victory, especially when other people want to catch what I caught.

13. Mr. Serotonin

I'm still staring down the sun Prestigious

Betchya don't like catchin' a cold!

#dadjoke
    #badjoke

14. personalmaps

citrus & cinnamon Prestigious

I smacked a guy at the paramore arena tour because he was trying to wrestle a drumstick away from like, a 14 year old dude and he was definitely 25ish.

My ex is supposedly finally moving all his furniture and records out of my apartment soon and I'm super excited about all the extra room we're gonna have to decorate. I want to get this for my kitchen:

Damn Fine Cup Of Coffee Laser Cut Wood Sign Wall Art Twin Peaks Quote

scott likes this.
  15. Wall Of Arms

LIGHTEN UP, BUTTERCUP Prestigious

I love that sign so much.

16. RobbieBerns

@robbieberns Prestigious

Can't wait to have an apartment I can take part in decorating, there's only so much you can do with one room.

17. AelNire

@RiotGrlErin Supporter

I have a problem..I love the color green and I have painted my bedroom and bathroom the same colors in my new house as they are in my parents house. I feel like I should be picking more mature colors and stuff but I just loooove green and it makes me so happy. Is there a study that says wall colors can determine your mood? Probably so.

ChaseTx likes this.
  18. ChaseTx

Is green an immature choice? Anyway, whatever makes you happy! I've never painted my walls, since I've been living in a series of apartments over the last several years. Although I do like the one I just moved into.

19. Kiana

naw, paint what you like! That's the funnest part. I chose to paint my room a raspberry color and at first I was a bit worried it'd be too "tween" or something, but now it's the first thing someone compliments whenever they come over! I think colors do determine your mood a bit. I remember learning in college that McDonalds does that or something with their restaurants.

20. AelNire

@RiotGrlErin Supporter

Tween is the word I was looking for! I have had a couple compliments but I dunno if they're legit or being nice. haha In marketing they teach you that red and yellow makes people want to eat food so that's why Mickey D's and other places are those colors.

21. Kiana

I had to take this class called the McDonaldization of Society and I remember learning it there! I always felt bad tho cause the class was blasting McDonalds but one of the books had a picture of delicious fries on it so I always got McD's after class :brokenheart:

I'm sure they're legit copliments! Your walls sound awesome

AelNire likes this.
  22. Garrett

i tore a hole in the fabric of time Moderator

I have two shades of teal and black walls in my space. I love it. It's just one part of the larger space. It's only immature if the rest of the decoration lends itself to that. Never apologize for color!

ChaseTx likes this.
  23. ChaseTx

I would love either teal or a medium brown for my walls. Maybe after I get more settled in. Out of all the rooms in my apartment, I've put the last amount of time into the bedroom. It's mostly furniture, toys, and two pieces of wall art right now.

I have a bunch of housework I should do today, but I have a short attention span and can never decide what room or task to focus on

24. phaynes1

Regular

girlfriend and i are getting a place in july so this is a placeholder until i can update then

25. I've been having trouble looking for a desk and dresser I like. I would prefer a corner/L desk since it will better fit my needs, but I haven't found one of good quality that I like in my price range that would fit in my room. The one I did see on a furniture store web site was "online only" and I also found the same desk on a walmart website. It didn't have great reviews. The desk and dresser are my last two pieces of bedroom furniture I need before I purchase my 50" tv. If anyone can be of help as to where they've found awesome furniture, it be greatly appreciated.