Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

The Housekeeping, Decorating, and Furnishing Thread • Page 4

Discussion in 'General Forum' started by ChaseTx, Mar 13, 2016.

1. personalmaps

citrus & cinnamon Prestigious

i'm legitimately looking at apartments with 2 bathrooms for this exact reason.

when my fat cat is angry at me for any reason he finds something of mine to pee on. i hate cats. why do i love cats?

Jason Tate likes this.
  2. His relatively new thing is that he likes whacking his water bowl across the floor. Just wants to throw it across the room and get water everywhere. Likes watching it happen and my reaction I think. It's now sitting in the sink so he can't do that. Every time I walk in there I am reminded that I literally put the cat's water in his own little throne because he's capable of terror.

3. Dirty Sanchez

Prestigious Prestigious

My cat does the same thing with his water dish. Then he will look at it when it's empty and then look at me like: "where's the water?" My cats a weirdo, because he loves water. I took him out to my pool one time and put him on a big raft (one he couldn't pop) and he loved it. A few minutes later, he was putting his paws in the water and then he jumped in.

Jason Tate likes this.
  4. I love cats.

Dirty Sanchez likes this.
  5. personalmaps

mine are monsters and only want to drink from a running tap. it's gotten to the point where Kee will run to the bathroom any time anyone even makes a move towards it and hop in the tub. fuck you dude, drink out of the bowl. (which, btw, neither of them will drink out of their bowl but they'll drink dirty dish water and toilet water because i'm SURE those are better. mother fuckers.)

6. Hahahahaha.

Mo runs to go sit by his food dish like he's starving if I ever walk anywhere near that bathroom. Like I walk to my bed to grab something and he sprints from anywhere to go sit by it and meow like he's some starving orphan cat. And then if I don't wake up in time to give him food he's all about clawing the blanket until I wake up. He runs the house. He knows it. I live in a constant state of fear that he'll rebel and destroy something or eat my face.

7. AelNire

@RiotGrlErin Supporter

I lived with a Chinchilla with PTSD for a year.

Garrett L., iplaydrums and ChaseTx like this.
  8. personalmaps

this seems necessary.

phoebe:

kee:

Jason Tate likes this.
  9. Meerkat

human junk drawer Prestigious

10. Malatesta

i may get better but we won't ever get well Prestigious

chinchillas are the cutest lil fluffs. one took a poo in my hands once and even then i was like "UR SO CUTE"

11. AelNire

@RiotGrlErin Supporter

Roommate asked me to put him in this hamster ball thingy so he could run around out of the cage while she was gone. I left the sliding glass door open and he got out. I started looking everywhere for him and these drunk guys were kicking the hamster ball thing around like it was a soccer ball. To this day he won't get in the ball and freaks out. I think my rm still hates me bc of it.

ChaseTx likes this.
  12. Meerkat

human junk drawer Prestigious

That's so much sadder than I thought it'd be

13. AelNire

@RiotGrlErin Supporter

I feel sad when I think about it sometimes.

14. I've been in this apartment for over a year, but I finally just moved in the record collection.

[​IMG]

That space was previously occupied by a baby swing, but she's outgrown it now so we took it down. Fits nicely there I think.

St. Nate, AelNire and ChaseTx like this.
  15. Kiana

Goddamn, man child Prestigious

I swear in movies whenever there's a plot where they go back home as an adult, their room is always exactly as they left it. This is what happened to part of mine like the second I moved out:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

16. ChaseTx

Big hat enthusiast Prestigious

Your dad is awesome, haha

Jason Tate likes this.
  17. Corey Putney

@coreyputney Prestigious

Couple pictures I took when I moved into my current apartment last year - there's a lot more records and stuff on the walls and I upgraded that TV to a 55".

18. Corey Putney

@coreyputney Prestigious

And here's my Bon Iver single collection on the wall and the Star Wars vinyl clock I got for Christmas.

IMG_4739.JPG IMG_4738.JPG

Jason Tate and RobbieBerns like this.
  19. Garrett

i tore a hole in the fabric of time Moderator

Cleaned my room (I have the half of the basement that isn't the garage) yesterday and snapped some pictures. Due to finances, we're in a holding pattern so there are a few things I need to do (get a few old maps I bought while abroad framed, get a headboard/night stands, get a desk and set it up) but those won't be done any time soon.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

20. Wall Of Arms

LIGHTEN UP, BUTTERCUP Prestigious

I'm looking at moving currently so this thread is going to be great for inspiration. Recently bought myself a corner desk from IKEA, to save space as I'll be moving into an apartment rather than a shared house.

Is that a corner fireplace? Love that.

21. ChaseTx

Yeah, it was a surprise to me when I moved in and I really like it there. Won't be able to use it until probably December though!

22. Mr. Serotonin

I'm still staring down the sun Prestigious

Fuck, this is cool!

23. aspeedomodel

Cautiously pessimistic Prestigious

Your dad and mine would get a long quite well...

24. Henry

Moderator Moderator

I wish I had a room dedicated to my shit. Right now it is all front and center in the living room.

25. ChaseTx

I have Marvel Pops on this high... thing above the bar between my kitchen and entry way, and the mantle over my fireplace is going to be a place for my few VHS tapes and horror related items. The rest is going to find a place in my bedroom