Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

The Housekeeping, Decorating, and Furnishing Thread • Page 30

Discussion in 'General Forum' started by ChaseTx, Mar 13, 2016.

1. disambigujason

Trusted Supporter

end up making a purchase you recommend (or anyone else have any ideas)? Seems like just at every brand gets eviscerated in Reddit threads. I’m in the same position, budgets up to ~1500, which I know isn’t very high, but surely there’s something that’s at least reasonable value at that price point.

2. Carmen SD

Trusted

Here is one that is pretty much in the style that I want to get. But not for the price it’s asking
    0FD2D08F-C5DB-430F-9573-8C5A28A32A29.jpeg

3. marissalg

Trusted

this is the one I’ve been thinking about getting, sleek but functional
    A449BF0C-EC42-4A28-A6C5-B64D26AC8409.png

SeeTheLights likes this.
  4. Serenity Now

deliver us from e-mail Supporter

funny you should ask as I just had my Floyd sectional show up yesterday. It is PERFECT. I’m so relieved since I couldn’t test it out before buying & there are some horror stories online about shipping issues & quality concerns. My experience was flawless though & would highly recommend if you are looking for something modern, comfy/firm, & modular.

5. Serenity Now

4FE506C2-E5DB-434A-AE34-F3C835B79304.jpeg 81205459-382B-47E8-82B7-D73AC312E9F4.jpeg

Attached Files:

disambigujason likes this.
  6. SeeTheLights

Trusted Prestigious

Thank you, this is like exactly what I was looking for. Just purchased

marissalg likes this.
  7. disambigujason

Trusted Supporter

the sofa is stunning but I find comfy and firm at odds with each other haha, I will revisit I though. I strongly prefer more plush but it seems modern sofas are exclusively firm lol. I’m glad you had a good experience though, it’s such a stressful process lol.

8. Serenity Now

70% comfy, 30% firm. It’s… not saggy haha

disambigujason likes this.
  9. bigmike

Trusted Prestigious

In my experience, all of the wayfair/love sac/etc sofa's are too firm for my liking. I grabbed a huge sectional from Ashley's Furniture when I moved in 2020 for about $1500 and have been super happy with it.

Eltmann 3-Piece Sectional with Cuddler | Ashley

This is what we went with but it was either on sale for $1500 when we got it or it has gone up $400 in the last two years (feasible). Big, soft, but has not gotten saggy and it's resists stains pretty well (though it's just my wife, myself and our 14 year old cat so not a lot of stains happen).

10. Kiana

Goddamn, man child Prestigious

Sick of having no dresser and clothes everywhere so I bought a dresser and then an end table with minimal research and no measuring and also didn't tell my bf so we'll see how this pans out

coleslawed likes this.
  11. Carmen SD

Trusted

I wondered what happened to this thread.
    I’m trying to find a decently priced knock off cordless Dyson. I’ve looked on Amazon but not sure which one is the best. Anyone have a knock off they think is great?

12. Serenity Now

coleslawed likes this.
  13. coleslawed

Eat Pizza

finally got our security deposit back from the last duplex (moved out in September), so went on an Ikea spree.

IMG_2756.jpeg IMG_2757.jpeg IMG_2755.jpeg 70441321388__697AB465-0A92-4E76-8F72-5652FAF3D2AF.jpeg 70441392614__63FA0573-ABE9-423F-877C-D623F87CBBEA.jpeg IMG_2623.jpeg

also scored a bunch of great storage shelves from my last job closing up shop, so the basement got some love and did some major rearranging/made room for all the bikes/snowboards/fun accessories.

our in-house photographer also gave me all of his prints from around the office, including the frames (still just Ikea, but better than nothing), so some of my nicer prints finally got hung up.

finally got a legit turntable setup, as well, now that i’ve finally got room for all of the components.

14. Mr. Serotonin

I'm still staring down the sun Prestigious

You’re the first person I’ve ever heard of who got a security deposit back. Power to ya.

JoshIsMediocre and bigmike like this.
  15. coleslawed

Eat Pizza

oh wow, I’ve never not gotten it back, or at least most of it.

JoshIsMediocre likes this.
  16. Mr. Serotonin

Huh. Maybe it was a Florida thing, but you’d pretty much give someone $2k you knew weren’t gonna get back every place I lived. Places that had no damage caused by me, just regular use and even had some problems that were never fixed by landlords :crylaugh: they’d just threaten to sue

coleslawed and JoshIsMediocre like this.
  17. buttsfamtbh

Trusted

i'm so excited to go furniture shopping for our first house lol

18. JoshIsMediocre

The ocean's awesome, and for winners Supporter

Stoked for you! We just carried over all of our existing stuff, trying to remember that this is a long term thing and we don’t need a new couch right now lmao

buttsfamtbh likes this.
  19. buttsfamtbh

Trusted

we're doing the same really, but like getting a sectional and a recliner for the living room and putting our current couch in the basement as a hangout spot. eventually though, not immediately after move in lmfao

20. Mr. Serotonin

It’s so expensive to fill out/decorate my small apartment, haha god damn. No wonder a lotta dudes go couch Tv bed guitar and that’s it :crylaugh:

Serenity Now and buttsfamtbh like this.
  21. colorlesscliche

Trusted Prestigious

You ain't kiddin'. I typically buy expensive furniture (Crate&Barrell, West Elm, etc.), because it lasts longer that Ikea junk. I want a new TV stand.

Mr. Serotonin likes this.
  22. Mr. Serotonin

Tv stands actually seem like you can get good looking ones for relatively cheap. I had to go Wayfair for my couch cause I needed something new and boxed up and small to fit into my garden level that has this weird ass staircase :crylaugh: I’ll have to upgrade when I have a more regular entryway

23. ncarrab

Prestigious Supporter

We are one week into a full blown kitchen remodel. It’s a really weird feeling not being able to cook or clean for a few weeks and even as they put some things back here and there (stove, microwave) we have all our stuff packed away and no kitchen sink/dishwasher to clean anything. Nor do we have any countertops installed yet to place shit on.

I think what I’m most pumped about though is having the electrician install real ceiling lights into our living room, as our house for the past 10 years had no ceiling lights in the living room and we had to use a real big lamp that had a switcher.

bigmike likes this.
  24. Daniel Jan 31, 2024
    (Last edited: Jan 31, 2024)
    Daniel

Party Mom Supporter

We've kinda said fuck it recently, we don't know if we're ever going to be able to afford a house so we decided we shouldn't wait any longer to make the space were in our own. We recently took down the shitty vertical blinds in our apartment, they were constantly breaking and falling down and we put up curtains. It amazing what a change that made in making our apartment more homelike, but also keeping the cold out this winter. We also redid our dining area and decided to deal with consequences later, we love how it turned out.

PXL_20231001_195701848.MP~2.jpg

25. ncarrab

Prestigious Supporter

We have been in our house for 10 years. We started looking for a bigger home 5 years ago and looked religiously for years but inventory was so low, and prices were so high and nothing was changing (despite everyone saying “wait six months” every year). Ended up having 2 of our offers accepted but ultimately we pulled out of both houses following home inspection.

Our “fuck it” was to completely gut our current kitchen and do a full remodel.

Cameron and Daniel like this.