1. We've launched a new merch store featuring the Chorus.fm and AbsolutePunk.net logo on a variety of t-shirts, hoodies, and other items. Check it out now at Threadless.
    Dismiss Notice

The Housekeeping, Decorating, and Furnishing Thread • Page 25

Discussion in 'General Forum' started by ChaseTx, Mar 13, 2016.

1. colorlesscliche

Trusted Prestigious

Thanks for this, truly.

It's getting a little easier as more gets done. I stopped everything cosmetic to address more mental health type things; getting my bed frame moved so I can sleep on a real mattress instead of the couch in the cold basement or on an air mattress, cleaning out the kitchen cabinets so I can start buying glasses, silverware, etc. so I can eat (been just snacking on chips thus far). It's little things here and there and I have more of my clothes in this house instead of the other two, but it's getting there. This week I need to get a bed frame for my 3 year old so he can sleep in his own bed at night and not mine.

2. Argus

Of sugar and ice I am made

I just ordered tile for my new kitchen backsplash. Unfortunately, because it's custom tile, the lead time is 6-8 weeks. Also, because my wife and I took our sweet time deciding on colors and such, we didn't order it when ordering the rest of the stuff. My new counter, sink, and cooktop have all been in for a week, so the old tile is long gone already.

3. Carmen SD

Regular

anyone decorated a small patio, specifically a patio/balcony for an apartment. Trying to search ideas for patio decorating but I haven’t came across anything I felt works. Downstairs patio gets wet during rain from the upstairs people. Also it’s pretty shaded because of the location it’s facing

4. ncarrab

Trusted

My wife ordered this TV stand from Wayfair on Monday and it shipped in two days so we started to put it together last night, and one of the pieces was all fucked up in the sense that they put the holes on the wrong side of the front leg (which just so happened to be the front of the stand - so instead of smooth wood, there were holes showing). It's just one small piece that is fucked up out of the 30+ pieces so now we have to wait two more weeks for them just to ship us that one piece.

Stuff like this ALWAYS happens to us.

5. himynameisiain

Regular Supporter

Offer accepted on my first house a week ago with my girlfriend. I am pretty pumped about it. It is right in the area we were looking for (5mins from our work, gym, cinema etc) and at the end of a cul-de-sac so no through traffic which is not something I considered as even being an option in the area. The inside is recently renovated and maybe only one wall we would change the paint color on.

The above sounds great, but up until that house we were getting to the stage of 'yeah... we might need to expand the search area' as we weren't getting far or when we did we got outbid on our offers (which were already over ask). It was even at the point when I would recommend my financial advisor and lawyer to folk and they would use them before me!

But to furnishing ... any mattress recommendations? Are casper any good?

RJ Knorr likes this.
  6. colorlesscliche

Trusted Prestigious

What do you guys use for outdoor furniture? I've been looking at those wicker-like couches with the cushions cause it looks super cozy, but wondering if I should just stick with a metal set.

7. BlueEyesBrewing

Trusted

We just have a metal set with cushions we got from home depot. I then put them under the covered deck or cover with a tarp for the winter to try and reduce the amount of weather damage.

8. ncarrab

Trusted

Yeah, living in Cleveland, I don't bother with anything fancy because at best, I get like 4 months usage out of it, so I went with a metal table set ($350 maybe?) that has lasted through five winters now and is still going strong. I don't even cover it. If I had a shed, where I could store things, I'd consider buying nicer stuff - but I just don't have the room to store anything during the winter time.

I actually sold four of the metal chairs my table came with and just bought 4 Target patio chairs for like, $12 each. I did keep two of the metal swivel chairs and put cushions on them. The Target chairs, I stack and place in my garage for the winter.

Outside of that, I also bought a couple of Target $25 heavy plastic lounge chairs for the patio.

bigmike likes this.
  9. Argus

Of sugar and ice I am made

Yeah, I've just got plastic lounge chairs in my backyard right now. I still need to get a table or something, but it'll probably be plastic or fiberglass or something. It's just not worth getting something I'd have to store 8 months out of the year.

10. colorlesscliche

Trusted Prestigious

I really want to get something comfortable/lounge based, like this from Ikea. But my deck is only 9'x10' so I think these pieces are much too big.

[​IMG]