Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

The Housekeeping, Decorating, and Furnishing Thread • Page 2

Discussion in 'General Forum' started by ChaseTx, Mar 13, 2016.

1. ChaseTx

Big hat enthusiast Prestigious

That is gonna be rough. Congrats though!

2. AelNire

@RiotGrlErin Supporter

I'm obsessed with Burlap. I'd be content with Burlap everything.

3. ChaseTx

Tell me what to do with these burlap squares then! Haha

4. AelNire

@RiotGrlErin Supporter

Where are you wanting to decorate? My theme is burlap and owls. 2 of my favorite things. I even got little owl salt and pepper shakers.

iplaydrums likes this.
  5. ChaseTx

These are basically two squares of burlap mounted on wood frames. I bought them to make into wall art (along with those cork tiles I posted) but I don't know what I want to turn them into.

6. AelNire

@RiotGrlErin Supporter

As cliche as it sounds..Pintrest is where I get my ideas from. Right when I saw the burlap squares I thought about a friend of mine who paints burlap and it's so pretty. I would put the letter that is the 1st letter in my 1st or last name on the squares you got. I love monogram, too. Go figure lol Chalkboard paint on burlap is cool too.

My fave pieces I have:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Those flowers are made from the paper of lyrics, pages of books, etc.

ChaseTx likes this.
  7. ChaseTx

I saw those flowers at Target yesterday and thought they were really cool.

I'm gonna have to go to Michael's for ideas I think. Chalkboard paint would look good if I can paint anything worthwhile...

AelNire likes this.
  8. Henry

Moderator Moderator

I've been at my place for six months and we still don't have a couch or table. We aren't home much, so it isn't a huge deal, but it's impossible to entertain.

My set-up right now is so mismatched.

9. Your Milkshake

Prestigious Prestigious

anyone ever shop at west elm? I found an amazing coffee table there for 3 hundy. that's nearly impossible to do it seems like now for whatever reason. It's weird

10. Elder Lightning

A lightning bolt without a cloud in the sky Supporter

Thanks, it will be rough, but it will also be worth it. And these are our firsts (and probably lasts) so we won't really know the difference between 1 and 2, haha.

11. aspeedomodel

Cautiously pessimistic Prestigious

[​IMG]
    Thinking about getting this soon, trying to slowly replace the Ikea furniture in our place.

12. Wharf Rat

I know a little something you won't ever know Prestigious

laughing @ u all for being adults tbh

B-)B-)

13. Meerkat

human junk drawer Prestigious

@Wharf Rat Show us a picture of your red race car bed

14. Wharf Rat

its blue tyvm

ChaseTx, AelNire and iplaydrums like this.
  15. aspeedomodel

Cautiously pessimistic Prestigious

[​IMG]

Got this sweet chair for $20 from someone in my neighborhood. Vintage Chicago library chair. LOVE it. Have another one in red in the spare room. One of dog's favorite spots haha

16. St. Nate

من النهر إلى البحر Prestigious

So... I guess I put this here.

Does anyone know anything about buying a good mattress? I also keep seeing those ads for Casper Mattresses, probably because I keep googling mattresses.

17. Wharf Rat

Do u hate that awkward mattress showroom experience? Don't you hate it when every Saturday, your significant other says "time to go mattress shopping!"

nothingsforeverdude and ChaseTx like this.
  18. St. Nate

من النهر إلى البحر Prestigious

Well don't just stop there!

You've reeled me in!

19. Wharf Rat

Casper matresses! In a package the size of a minifridge!

heh they sponsor a bunch of podcasts I listen to

ChaseTx, Jason Tate and St. Nate like this.
  20. JulieLynn

Karma is the Guy On The Chiefs Supporter

When you posted this on FB I was sooooo excited! that Dresser is so cool!

KidLightning likes this.
  21. ChaseTx

I think I'm still using the mattress I had in high school, so I'm no help there

22. Timmiluvs

I play video games fast Prestigious

I'm mostly lurking in this thread so that I can get inspiration for when I'm not living in a college apartment with like a total of 4 rooms.

23. Elder Lightning

A lightning bolt without a cloud in the sky Supporter

You're still in tax return season and coming up on moving season and wedding season, so not a good time to buy. From when I did my research and bought a new one a few years ago, the best time was in the fall, especially November. Moving season is over, wedding season is over, and nobody buys mattresses for the holidays, so you can get a killer deal just so they get a sale on their books.

Garrett L. likes this.
  24. AelNire

@RiotGrlErin Supporter

If you get a mattress from the outlet stores you can get a really nice mattress for the low-low.

25. JulieLynn

Karma is the Guy On The Chiefs Supporter

I got my mattress 3 years ago from a rich couple on craigslist. they were having a baby and needed the never used sealy mattress gone ASAP. A bed that must of cost them hundreds was given to me for 75.00. It is the best bed I've ever had.

AelNire likes this.