Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

The Housekeeping, Decorating, and Furnishing Thread • Page 19

Discussion in 'General Forum' started by ChaseTx, Mar 13, 2016.

1. midnightxtaylor

Regular

Okay, so I'm going through my order information and bank statements preparing everything to email and make the complaint about the hole... and there is no charge for the shipping anywhere. On the website/order confirmation email it is showing shipping as $0 and my bank only shows a charge for the bed itself. What??

2. Mr. Dennis

On the Free from PSG

Still send it, maybe without the shipping part. You may get a credit or a new product. The very least the company knows whoever does their shipping messed up

3. midnightxtaylor

Regular

Update, they offered me three options: exchange the bed for a new one, return it for a full refund, or take a damaged item discount of 35% off. I was not going to pack an entire bed back into its boxes, and I do actually like the bed, so I opted for the 35% off. I'm satisfied with that, especially since that made it not so expensive.

aspeedomodel likes this.
  4. Carmen SD

Trusted

I could go broke decorating for a house. I see so much stuff at Joann fabric that I want to buy

5. Kiana

Goddamn, man child Prestigious

I thought I'd go broke decorating buuut yeah still haven't decorated rly

6. Joe4th

Memories are nice, but that's all they are. Prestigious

Me and my two buds are moving into a house at the end of the month. Super excited to have my own place again, but obviously very stressed at the idea of furnishing the living room area. I'll be glad when I'm moved in and it's all set up haha

Mr. Serotonin likes this.
  7. Anyone do any landscaping themselves? I want to put pavers as borders for my flower beds but it seems like a lot of work

8. colorlesscliche

Trusted Prestigious

Yes, a lot of it too. I put in this entire flower bed, and laid the pavers (we used natural stone). It was a lot of work, but I haven't touched it since. I'm looking for some close-ups, I know I took a punch of when I was doing the work as well.

[​IMG]

aspeedomodel likes this.
  9. ncarrab

Prestigious Supporter

I plan on hiring someone in the Spring to re-do our beds. The people we bought our house from in 2014 were really into their beds with all sorts of different plants and bushes and my wife and I had no idea how to take care of them and we let it all go to shit. I ended up digging out most of the bushes/plants and my beds need to be pretty much re-edged all the way around. I tried to do it myself a few summers ago, but it was like trying to dig into cement. Didn't help that it was never properly edged in the first place, so it's not like I could have just shaved off where it was left off.

10. colorlesscliche

Trusted Prestigious

Here's the work in progress.

A lot of dirt shoveling around, and then digging a trench all the way around. I used a level to make sure it was all flat. Not sure if that was need or not, but I'm OCD and wanted everything to be even.

[​IMG]

Just an idea of how deep it went

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

A hard days work, and torn up blistered hands

[​IMG]

Also, I put this in the backyard as well, it was overgrown ivy and I couldn't grow grass so I put in a flower bed.

[​IMG]

11. Ken

entrusted Prestigious

that's really nice!

12. ncarrab

Prestigious Supporter

Can I please hire you?

Ken likes this.
  13. Yeah damn that seems like a lot of work. It looks great. I'm not that handy :tear:

14. Kiana Jan 13, 2018
    (Last edited: Jan 13, 2018)
    Kiana

One of my couches is the small part of a sectional but the large part of the sectional couldn't fit up the stairwell so there's nothing holding the cushions in place and u slide off. I got a cute blue couch but it's not very comfortable. Not a cozy chair to sink into at the end of the day. I see things I like online but I'm too wary now that it won't be comfortable. And I still wanna keep my blue couch but idk where I'd put it if I got a new one. Couch problems. All the couches I like are pretty but uncomfortable. All the comfy ones I find I think are ugly

15. Serenity Now Jan 13, 2018
    (Last edited: Jan 13, 2018)
    Serenity Now

deliver us from e-mail Supporter

Just bought a house and have been working on getting my office set up.
    Pretty excited about how things are turning out thus far but still a work in progress...

Office Wall.JPG

Desk.JPG

16. Serenity Now

Has anyone successfully used a hammer-drill before?
    I just tried and got shut down by the brick i was trying to drill into.
    Trying to mount a motion-sensor light outside.

17. colorlesscliche

Trusted Prestigious

I did something similar in my garage. I bought a concrete drill bit, drilled holes into the mortor and did it that way.

18. Serenity Now

Into the mortar? How heavy is the thing that you mounted?
    Reason I ask is because I was specifically advised against going into the mortar since it can be less reliable than the brick.
    Also, the mortar is original with the house which was built in 1930.
    As a result, one of the things on the long-term to do list is re-point the entire exterior of the house.
    That'll happen when we have an additional $20k burning a whole in our pockets :sly:

19. colorlesscliche

Trusted Prestigious

Somewhat heavy compared to a light. We put in one of those rail strips that you can hang things off of (rakes, shovels, etc.).

20. Kiana

My recent adulting quest it to find a good odor eliminator. My downstairs neighbor is my landlord and he smokes a lot of pot and therefore my apartment often smells like pot. I don't smoke and am not a fan of the smell. I honestly barely notice it anymore, but guests do and for whatever reason it's particularly most potent in my linen closet and I don't want my sheets for guests to smell that way. I usually do the Scentsy wax melt things, but it just makes the house smell like artificial scent and weed lol.

21. marsupial jones

make a bagel without the hole

Have you tried one of those electronic scent deodorizers? You can get thousands of scents and set up for 1-4 hours of use. We have one at work, it's pretty cool and works really well and no worry of an open flame or something catching fire.

22. marsupial jones

make a bagel without the hole

Early stages of building my own bookshelves. I don't think this will go well but we'll see.

23. Kiana

I haven't but I'll be on the lookout today!

24. Yasqueen4

Trusted

I can't wait til I'm a real grown up and can post in here.

25. MrCon

I was trying to describe myself to someone

It's overrated. :crylaugh:

GrantCloud, RJ Knorr, ncarrab and 2 others like this.