Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

The Housekeeping, Decorating, and Furnishing Thread • Page 6

Discussion in 'General Forum' started by ChaseTx, Mar 13, 2016.

1. ReginaPhilange

Trusted Prestigious

Restoration Hardware is gonna make a killing off of me whenever I get a house. Love their stuff.

2. BirdPerson

fuck tammy! Prestigious

I mean probably as there is a study for everything, haha, but it's your place. Paint how you want. Enjoy it!

3. BirdPerson

fuck tammy! Prestigious

Our space is full of craigslist things at the moment (nothing gross, we're talking a leather couch etc but) and honestly after owning a house for 6 years, I love being back at this point. My love of renting is spilling over here, sorry!

4. Wall Of Arms

LIGHTEN UP, BUTTERCUP Prestigious

This is the one I have and love (in dark colour though): MICKE Corner workstation - white - IKEA

5. Miss Heartcore

Let's build something Together Prestigious

I LOVE your style. please come decorate my new place lol

6. ChaseTx

Big hat enthusiast Prestigious

Spent this afternoon cleaning up the daughter's room

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Garrett L. likes this.
  7. Lindsay M

drunk on the radio waves

We're finally getting things put together after moving into our new place last September. Decorating is hard and I hate it, but the living room looks decent at least. Anyone have any better suggestions for how to store those hundreds of DVDs? That bookshelf is basically full and we have nowhere else to put them :/
    image.jpeg

Attached Files:

elphshelf and Miss Heartcore like this.
  8. lauren14

Regular

Chris!! Ha. Man.

KidLightning likes this.
  9. lauren14

Regular

10. lauren14

Regular

My cat sitter just told me that apparently cats don't love their water in the same room where they eat and pee. I moved it and low and behold our cat stopped being a terror.

I am also comforted by the number of people in this thread who also are cat servants.

11. :crylaugh:

12. lauren14

Regular

If I had shame I wouldn't admit this, but literally we hired a mid day cat sitter to come and play. She was being a terror and taking it out on the carpet in our rental. Thankfully not the leather sectional.

13. ChaseTx

Big hat enthusiast Prestigious

The most important fixture my home is lacking is a puppy

14. Garrett

i tore a hole in the fabric of time Moderator

Same

KidLightning likes this.
  15. lauren14 Apr 28, 2016
    (Last edited: Apr 28, 2016)
    lauren14

Regular

Can someone tell me how to insert photos from a phone?

Edit: I think this link should work. Best I can do at the moment.

Imgur Image

16. lauren14

Regular

Imgur Image

Eventually when we buy a house, all of this will go in the basement.

KidLightning and ChaseTx like this.
  17. Miss Heartcore

that couch looks awesome. where did you get it?

18. lauren14

Regular

19. johnnyutes

Vaya con Dios Supporter

I'm here for the cats

Miss Heartcore likes this.
  20. Miss Heartcore

Where is this furniture from?

aspeedomodel likes this.
  21. aspeedomodel

Cautiously pessimistic Prestigious

22. iam1bearcat

i'm writing a book, leave me alone.

So the bookshelves I've been buying for years are no longer / made sold and I'll need another bookshelf in about... five minutes and I don't know what to do. I don't want to buy one super tall massive space eating one, but I also don't want to buy five new smaller ones. Decisions.

23. iam1bearcat

i'm writing a book, leave me alone.

Also, my parents are the true trend setters for Cat Worship. They recently bought a new stove with an exhaust fan thing above it and they have to leave the lights of it on so the cat can sleep on the stove. It's like a tanning bed after a few hours. They also leave a lamp with a blanket on an end table on 24/7 for her. And her food is on the bar rise right next to the sink. My first thought was, "great! Now she can eat and dump her ass off the edge and shit in the sink at the same time!"

24. Hammill

Yo, you're getting on the freeway!

You should sign up for their newsletter if you haven't already - they're probably due for a Buy More Save More event soon and I think its 25% for $1000+. Totally worth it for a sectional!

25. aspeedomodel

Cautiously pessimistic Prestigious

Awesome tip, I'll check with wife and see if she's signed up. Thanks!