Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

The Housekeeping, Decorating, and Furnishing Thread • Page 3

Discussion in 'General Forum' started by ChaseTx, Mar 13, 2016.

1. ChaseTx

Big hat enthusiast Prestigious

Craigslist is the first place to look when buying furniture. Obviously be careful when it's something like a mattress though

2. AelNire

@RiotGrlErin Supporter

My grandmother gave me a ton of her furniture.

3. St. Nate

من النهر إلى البحر Prestigious

Didn't think about craigslist

That's what I've taken away from all your posts. Thanks everybody!!

ChaseTx likes this.
  4. AelNire

@RiotGrlErin Supporter

I'm afraid of craigslist.

5. ChaseTx

Lot of great stuff there for low prices. Also the best way to get rid of your old stuff.

6. AelNire

@RiotGrlErin Supporter

And potentially getting murdered.

iplaydrums likes this.
  7. St. Nate

من النهر إلى البحر Prestigious

One time I tried to sell a television unit on Craigslist by showing how spacious it is by getting inside of it.

8. AelNire

@RiotGrlErin Supporter

Doesn't suprise me at all lol

9. Wharf Rat

I know a little something you won't ever know Prestigious

did someone come over and not believe you so you had to get in and show them and then they locked you in and stole all your stuff except the unit you actually wanted to sell

10. Timmiluvs

I play video games fast Prestigious

Joey is that you?

Wharf Rat likes this.
  11. bornunprepared

I ordered a pillow top from sam's club with a foundation with storage space under it and it was pretty affordable-bed's more comfortable than what I've had in years but I also had a rock solid mattress, a dorm bed, and a ratty second hand mattress that was essentially a dorm bed so I'm not the best judge.

12. Meerkat

human junk drawer Prestigious

One time I almost joined a circus through Craigslist

Yasqueen4 and ChaseTx like this.
  13. Garrett

i tore a hole in the fabric of time Moderator

To go back to mattresses for a second, I got mine from an outlet in the middle of summer. It was a $4,500 mattress handmade in New Zealand (I call it my Rivendell bed because I'm a nerd), but because of the sale and it being an outlet I think I ended up getting it for like $750? I can't sleep well when I go anywhere now it's so nice.

ChaseTx and AelNire like this.
  14. ChaseTx

Here's my living/dining room. Pretty happy with how it's looking, but could use some more for the walls

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Jason Tate and Garrett L. like this.
  15. Malatesta

i may get better but we won't ever get well Prestigious

i have no doubt that yall are gonna be way more creative than i am re decorating. i just get shit i like and slowly put it on the walls. still sleeping on getting frames for three (3) Hotline Miami posters

ChaseTx likes this.
  16. ChaseTx

I'm holding off from putting up posters until I can get frames. I feel like that makes it a little better as an adult. I do have a framed Kingdom Hearts 358/2 Days poster in my bedroom and the one above in my living room

17. AelNire

@RiotGrlErin Supporter

I decided not to put my framed Rolling Stone Zac Efron Cover up in my new place. That was a really hard decision.

iplaydrums, ChaseTx and Garrett L. like this.
  18. personalmaps

citrus & cinnamon Prestigious

does anyone have cats and can anyone explain to me how your keep your apartment from being a giant hairball at all times?

19. I use the FURminator on the kitty once a week and these on the couch. I dust and swiffer the floor and vacuum with a pretty good vacuum the rugs on Sunday. Then I have throw blankets on the most cat-sat places (bed, couch, edge of other couch) and wash them on Sunday as well.

There's still so much hair. But it kinda works? :tiger:

ChaseTx likes this.
  20. personalmaps

one of my cats literally refuses to let me brush her-- in her defense she only has 3 legs and a sensitive scar on her tummy from a surgery so i GUESS i can see why she wouldn't like to be manhandled but it's like !! i'm trying to help you, idiot!! definitely gonna buy those hair remover things for my couches.

it is literally amazing to me that these 2 short haired cats seem to shed my entire body weight in hair on a daily basis but such is life, i guess.

edit:

actually on that note, do you have tips to keep them from tracking litter? i have a track pad in front of the box and it seems like it does next to nothing.

21. Meerkat

human junk drawer Prestigious

If you put it on the ceiling above your bed it won't be as obvious

AelNire likes this.
  22. ChaseTx

That was the most precise and systematic answer and I'm not at all surprised :-)

23. personalmaps

when i moved out of my parents' house i gave my giant hayley williams poster to my little sister and it was the hardest decision i've ever made.

Jason Tate, AelNire and ChaseTx like this.
  24. I use a cat litter that I don't hate the smell of and have a pretty fucking huge pad or whatever under the cat's big litter box and it still does basically nothing and I have to clean it each week. I basically gave the cat the other bathroom. It's his. He owns the whole thing. And he still gets stuff everywhere and is a little dick about it too. I'm fairly certain he does it on purpose.

dharkins likes this.
  25. :embarrassed:

ChaseTx likes this.