Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

The Housekeeping, Decorating, and Furnishing Thread • Page 15

Discussion in 'General Forum' started by ChaseTx, Mar 13, 2016.

1. midnightxtaylor

Regular

I want a low platform bed that's a light colored wood, I guess it would be considered sort of a boho look? There's one at Urban Outfitters and one at either West Elm or Pottery Barn that I really like, but they're not cheap. Wayfair has some cheaper options, but they're not exactly what I'm envisioning. Goodwill and Craigslist also haven't had anything. Maybe I'm being too picky.

2. Finally finished this window after being super lazy. Just need to decorate with curtains, a cushion, maybe some plants, etc. The quoted post above has the before photo.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

3. johnnyutes

Vaya con Dios Supporter

damn. that looks really nice! great job

4. Garrett

i tore a hole in the fabric of time Moderator

I'm in the market for new sheets and I never thought having an 18 inch mattress would cause this massive of a problem. Finding a proper depth sheet set that doesn't cost an absurd amount is going to drive me insane.

5. colorlesscliche

Trusted Prestigious

I'm pretty sure Target does, we had a similar problem although I'm not sure if it was 18" or not.

6. Garrett

i tore a hole in the fabric of time Moderator

I didn't see any when I checked there last. I'll have to look again. IKEA has some, but they're only in white and I want dark grey or black.

7. Kiana

Goddamn, man child Prestigious

I can start moving into my new building today. I'm feeling super anxious. I've been talking/meeting with the same guy who I'm used to now, but this is a different guy I'm meeting in a different building. He gave me instructions to find his office but I'm anxious about not being able to find it. Then he said we'd walk over to the apartment from there and so that's small talk space I have to fill. Throw in having to sign documents all adult-like and I'm stressing!

8. Ken

entrusted Prestigious

9. Mr. Serotonin

I'm still staring down the sun Prestigious

Sexy AF

Ken likes this.
  10. Ken

entrusted Prestigious

Mr. Serotonin likes this.
  11. Dare I ask the cost?

12. Ken

entrusted Prestigious

Around 14 (not including appliances).

13. ncarrab

Prestigious Supporter

Love the black lights

Ken likes this.
  14. Ken

entrusted Prestigious

15. Justice Beaver

Crime Fighting Beaver

Ken likes this.
  16. Ken

entrusted Prestigious

You can help move on Saturday. See you then.

17. Justice Beaver

Crime Fighting Beaver

I have a... dentist appointment.

Ken likes this.
  18. JaneBow12

We just recently moved into a new apartment, and I was researching about home design ideas and such. First off, I never really cared about home design before because I was all about being comfortable and didn't really care about aesthetics that much, so I was quite surprised to find out about these three things:

1. Mismatched furniture is a thing now. I remember a time when people assume that if you have mismatched furniture, you probably didn't have enough money to buy the set.
    2. People are actually into blinds now more than curtains. I mean, I dig it, because blinds nowadays are no longer boring looking. It just really depends now on how you properly choose which style goes best in what room.
    3. Rugs over wall-to-wall carpet is also now encouraged. I still remember in my parents' home where there's just a persian carpet layered over a wood floor and that's considered a classic style. Now you layer rugs.

Anyway, basically we're starting small. Floorings and window coverings and maybe some wall accents.

Ken likes this.
  19. ChrisCantWrite

Trusted Prestigious

Ken and Justice Beaver like this.
  20. Justice Beaver

Crime Fighting Beaver

Ken does look great.

Ken and ChrisCantWrite like this.
  21. ChrisCantWrite

Trusted Prestigious

His heads already huge..don't make it any worse.

ChaseTx and Ken like this.
  22. Ken

entrusted Prestigious

ChaseTx likes this.
  23. thesoftskeleton

Trusted

I have deep pocket sheets from amazon and theyre pretty good, reasonably priced and they dont pop off.

24. Kiana

Goddamn, man child Prestigious

My power this month was less than $9. At my old place it was $200+. I am here for this.

25. ChrisCantWrite

Trusted Prestigious

My entire house Isn't even close to 200!? Was your roommate running the dryer and a tanning bed at the same time!?