Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

The Hotelier / Told Slant / Loone / Bellows Tour • Page 9

Discussion in 'Tour Forum' started by kidinthebushes, Apr 6, 2016.

1. cwhit

still emperor emo Prestigious

now you can go see them with the best band pwr bttm this fall!

2. EASheartsVinyl

Prestigious Prestigious

Ben made it sound like they would be in Richmond for their headliner, so seeing only DC was a bummer. But no way I will miss that bill!!

3. cwhit

i'll be in DC, come hang!!!!

EASheartsVinyl likes this.
  4. Leftandleaving

I will be okay. everything Supporter

I wish I liked PWR BTTM more. Maybe I need to listen again

5. cwhit

see them live, trust me! even if the recorded stuff by itself doesn't win you over the live set surely will

Zac Djamoos likes this.
  6. Leftandleaving

Told slant's live show is making me re-think their music, so maybe this'll be the same. Alright!

7. EASheartsVinyl

Prestigious Prestigious

Part of me says yes, part of me feels like they're a band that doesn't really need time to grow on you. It's such an immediate sound and if you don't love it from the first second I doubt you ever will. Did you watch the Tiny Desk they did?

8. Leftandleaving

To be fair, very little music, unlike its super catchy pop music, is immediate for me haha. I didn't, would you suggest?

9. EASheartsVinyl

Prestigious Prestigious

Definitely!! It's really close to their live show and shows off the banter between the two of them that is so hilarious. It's also a great selection of songs to show off the different feel they can give. And it's pretty short. I would consider them dangerously catchy as well, so that's part of the immediacy with it. From the first notes of Ben's guitar it was stuck in my head.

10. Leftandleaving

Like I said, it's been a while. A lot of my friends are really into them, so I'll definitely listen to them again. Probably today. I'll check out that tiny desk, sounds like something I can get into, ha

EASheartsVinyl likes this.
  11. EASheartsVinyl

Prestigious Prestigious

Oh and also, they ARE coming to Richmond this summer, just for that Julie Ruin tour instead of the headliner. What awesome news!

12. Collins

Trusted

Disagree with that completely on the TWIABP front, if only because Dave Bello always sounds bad live when he plays at my dates.

13. cwhit

yeah, TWIABP is better in studio than live. they're still good, but there's a tendency to oversing, they generally keep similar sets, and they spend lots of the set not even playing

14. Collins

Trusted

Yeah the interlude things get kind of old after awhile. They used to swap the set up, but I think with the whole revolving member thing that's been going on since shitty Greg left they've basically been sticking to the same set which is a total bummer

15. cwhit

i mean i've seen the band more than any other, eight or nine times at this point, haha. still go every time i can