Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

The Hotelier / Told Slant / Loone / Bellows Tour • Page 4

Discussion in 'Tour Forum' started by kidinthebushes, Apr 6, 2016.

1. nfdv2

Trusted Prestigious

have an extra ticket to the show tonight!

will trade for a ride from the echo to VLHS before modern baseball finishes :~)

teebs41 likes this.
  2. Maybevictor

@maybevictor Prestigious

Not sure if they had an off night tonight or what, but the transition between goodness songs and home songs were awkward and there was just no energy from the crowd which made the whole show feel a little weird. I'm excited to see them again tomorrow and I hope the crowd is a lot better.

kamzarro and teebs41 like this.
  3. MrRobot

Twitter/IG: @scott325

Just got home from the show tonight in Bloomington and it was unbelievably good. I basically went for Told Slant (who were amazing) not having listened a whole lot to The Hotelier but god damn, they're fantastic live.

teebs41 likes this.
  4. josh-

Twitter: @joshcaraballin

They played a different set than the one listed above in Bloomington. They opened with Goodness pt. 2

5. MrRobot

I wasn't keeping 100% track of it, but it also felt like they played way fewer songs than setlist.fm is saying they've been doing at other shows as well. Every band on the bill played 8-10 songs it felt like.

6. teebs41

Prestigious Prestigious

Maybe they are saving the long sets for the east coast dates? I can only hope

7. josh-

This is what they played last night in order

Goodness Pt. 2
    Your Deep Rest
    Among The Wildflowers
    Life In Drag
    Two Delieverances
    Soft Animal
    Sun
    Intro
    Dendron

8. teebs41

Prestigious Prestigious

Why so short?

9. josh-

I don't know. They went on at like 11:45 and there was maybe 30 people there.

10. teebs41

Prestigious Prestigious

ouch... why so late? was it a 9pm start time? arn't there only two bands on this tour with them?

11. teebs41

Prestigious Prestigious

I hope Thursday does a huge reunion tour and brings them. I think thats exactly what they would need

12. josh-

Yes but this had a local opener and didn't actually start until about 9:15. It was a late night

13. Collins

Trusted

The Austin show was like 14 or 15 songs so it's not just east coast

teebs41 likes this.
  14. MrRobot

It almost feels weird calling any of them openers, they all played the same length sets. None of it felt like "this is the big band on the bill" or "this is the one nobody here knows."

I expected it to be way bigger, but it was also super cool seeing some great bands in a venue that tiny being that close to everything and having the other bands just standing in the crowd with you.

15. Kennedy

loomasleep.bandcamp.com Prestigious

That's really weird that their set is so short now. Really glad it was still longer when I saw them in Seattle.

16. josh-

I've seen them in Indiana four times now. Always short sets

17. JaytotheGee

Trusted Prestigious

I went last night to Pittsburgh and the venue had a 9:30 curfew which was bullshit so they had to play a shortened set and they played all their songs super fast. The crowd was strange too, everyone was standing really far away from eachother and it didn't seem like many people were singing along. They were still great though

Set:

Goodness Pt 2
    N 43 33 55.676 W 72 45 11.914
    Your Deep Rest
    Among The Wildflowers
    Life In Drag
    Two Deliverances
    Soft Animal
    N 42 6 3.001 W 71 55 3.295
    Sun
    Introduction
    Scope

Definitely strange but I'm seeing them in Cleveland next month and I know it'll be better.

18. josh-

Yeah the crowd he was strange too. I wonder what is causing this, I feel like the hotelier have also buzz online, but whenever I see them live the crowd is lacking.

19. teebs41

Prestigious Prestigious

they definitely play their stuff way too fast live.. the live video that @nothingsforeverdude posted certainly shows that

20. MrRobot

I think this is definitely the case, and it surprised me. I hadn't listened to them a whole lot before seeing them this week, but I was under the impression going in that they drew much bigger crowds. I guess because of buzz they have on places like this site and just other people/blogs I follow online always giving them such big praise.

21. teebs41

Prestigious Prestigious

apparently they didn't sell super well their first week.

22. Kennedy

What was it?

23. Brenden

Trusted Prestigious

I heard they fucked up counting the sales or something. Or it didn't get submitted in time.

teebs41 likes this.
  24. Kennedy

I heard some idiot named Kennedy and a guy named @teebs41 single handedly got "Goodness" to platinum purely based off of how many times they streamed it listening to it in the first two weeks

this actually isn't true guys

teebs41 likes this.
  25. AndrewSoup

It's A Secret To Everyone Prestigious

their set was a really good length when i saw them in SF!
    just looked it up again;

Goodness Pt 2
    Piano Player
    [coordinate interlude]
    Your Deep Rest
    Among The Wildflowers
    Life In Drag
    Two Deliverances
    Settle The Scar
    [coordinate interlude]
    Soft Animal
    Sun