Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

The Hotelier Stream ‘Goodness’ • Page 2

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, May 19, 2016.

1. Brandon Allin

Finest Quality Crappy Punk Rock Since '92 Prestigious

Will give this a listen, but I couldn't get into their last one at all. Tried on several occasions.

2. FTank

Prestigious Prestigious

Did you like (or listen to) their first?

3. Brandon Allin

Which is that?

The only one I've heard is Home...

4. FTank

Prestigious Prestigious

It Never Goes Out. It's a more pop punk geared record, I personally like it a lot less than Home but you might gravitate to it more

5. Brandon Allin

Didn't even know it existed. I'll check it out. :thumbup:

FTank likes this.
  6. FTank

Prestigious Prestigious

Need to read that feature. Regardless of my feelings toward the album (I like but don't love it right now), I'm really glad they did something so different.

7. zigbigwig

I Miss Jake W Prestigious

WHAT A YEAR TO BE ALIVE!

KennedyBN likes this.
  8. Wow. wow wow wow. I have not been this entranced during a first listen in a long time. Reading the feature helped a ton too, some of my hangups from the two songs that have been released were completely taken away. Awesome to finally hear "Sun" too, heard them play it live and have been waiting to be able to listen to it on the record.

teebs41, Jason Tate and KennedyBN like this.
  9. Steeeve Perry

Trusted

I thought it was obviously about rejecting "the man". Didn't know it was about police brutality specifically.
    Did anyone actually think that song was about a personal relationship?

10. What I loved about that listen is what I love every time I hear a truly great album: so many moments are noteworthy that nothing pops out as better than another part. The whole albums stands out, as one unit. So glad to finally have my hands (ears?) on this.

This and PUP's new record streaming are just overloading me with good tunes.

Jason Tate likes this.
  11. efp722

Regular

Anyone else who preordered on TinyEngines get their digital copies? Got an email a few hours ago.

12. Guys Named Todd

Regular Prestigious

I put on my good headphones, laid down, and prepared to enjoy my first listen of this....then I fell asleep. The first 4 tracks sound great though! I'm excited to dive into the rest tonight.

13. Peachfuzz

I'll be with you the whole way.

Finally!

14. teebs41

Prestigious Prestigious

Well worth the wait

15. bmir14

Trusted Supporter

Sun. That is all.

tropicrot and teebs41 like this.
  16. Honeymagnolia

Regular Supporter

This is incredible. Really love Opening Mail For My Grandmother. Such a great song.

The whole album is just awesome. This band is something undeniably special.

teebs41 likes this.
  17. teebs41

Prestigious Prestigious

I love soft animal even more in context

18. mattfki5g

Regular Supporter

Does this article include the NSFW version of the cover anywhere? Would like to stream at work if I could.

teebs41 likes this.
  19. Honeymagnolia

Regular Supporter

It does but if you are worried about people seeing you can scroll right down to the bottom and click play.

20. mattfki5g

Regular Supporter

Probably shouldn't risk it so I'll wait until I get home. Thanks for the heads up

21. Honeymagnolia

Regular Supporter

The article is really great too. So definitely set aside sometime to read that before you get into the album. Really gets you into what they were aiming for.

NationalPhenomenon likes this.
  22. inagreendase

This is a somewhat recent change for them, right? Can't get more black-and-white about their identity circa the time of this interview. Granted there's a couple hints there things might change down the line, which they did, at least as far as pronouns go.

23. devenstonow

Noobie

That interview is awful. Like, I get that the point is to ask cis males the questions asked of trans people, but, like, I feel like it's unnecessarily trying to portray those questions as having a negative connotations.

24. cwhit

still emperor emo Prestigious

i disagree completely, i think it's a fascinating website and fascinating interview, i need to look through it all more, they have some really interesting people (a local music person that has some great thoughts about gender, an 82 year old rabbi...), if I wasn't at work I'd spend more time on there

25. J12

Trusted Supporter

I saw that they were streaming it, thought "I'm not gonna listen to this, I'm not gonna listen to this, I will wait for my pre-order."

Woke up this morning to my pre-order download in my inbox. :blush: Coupled with the new Aaron West EP, today is a great day.

efp722 likes this.