Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

The Hotelier - Goodness (May 27, 2016) Album • Page 8

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by Jason Tate, Feb 18, 2016.

1. You In This Light, Piano Player, Soft Animal

The Mysterious, teebs41 and Kennedy like this.
  2. cwhit

still emperor emo Prestigious

This and goodness part 1 are up on Apple Music

The Mysterious and teebs41 like this.
  3. cwhit

lol the censored art

4. The Mysterious and teebs41 like this.
  5. Kennedy

loomasleep.bandcamp.com Prestigious

hahah@ the art on apple music. does the art on spotify look the same?

6. SpyKi

You must fix your heart Supporter

yeah.

7. cwhit

I don't love this as a single actually, feel like a whole lot of people are gonna be bummed by this. I like it but I definitely need this in context

8. sweet lord

9. teebs41

Prestigious Prestigious

Fighting every urge to listen to this. Still exciting to see it on there though. Such an exciting time to be a music fan

The Mysterious and Kennedy like this.
  10. I love it

11. Kennedy

Yeah even though I'm not listening to its sweet seeing everyone's reactions.

12. SpyKi

that was kind of what I thought, definitely doesn't feel like a single to me and would have probably been my last choice out of the ones I heard from the stream. I think "Settle the Scar" or "Two Deliverances" would have been great first singles.

13. Calling this a "single" is pretty far fetched. It's the first song released from the album, but it's not a "single" in any traditional sense of the word.

14. oh my god I'll never stop listening to this song

15. SpyKi

well yeah, but that's pretty much what I think of when I think of the word "single" any way since I never really pay attention to the commercial aspect of a single. For me it's just a "single" song from the album to give fans something to listen to in the lead up to the album which is where I feel like this one might not have been the best choice since it feels like something that will be much more effective when listening to the album as a whole. Obviously the band feels different though and it's their call.

16. US Camera

A Humble Snail Prestigious

I need a few more listens and the lyrics before I'm sold but it's definitely a good song

17. I agree with the band. Can't think of a single other song I'd even release from here as a one off this might be the only one I even think sort of works as a stand alone song.

18. cwhit

I mean we've heard both Sun and Two Deliverances out of context and those were catchy jams, settle the scar the original version was first track catchy hype worthy as well

This track has a little bit more nuance to it

19. I really love this. The first verse, with the distant vocals and the piano playing in the background, is so interesting.

20. SpyKi

well you've heard the album so obviously you have better insight on that than me but it does get me very interested in the way these songs are recorded because from the versions they played live on Facebook and even the old version of "Settle the Scar" a lot of them seemed much better suited to being heard separate from the record. From what I heard of (I think) the studio version of "Goodness 2" and this song though it definitely seems like the album won't be that straightforward.

21. They didn't release any of those final versions though. For good reason. And I would definitely not say there are more "catchy jams" than this — this album is not catchy. If you want singles, this is the wayyyyyyyyy wrong album.

22. Kennedy

I want this whole album right now

The Mysterious, teebs41 and SpyKi like this.
  23. SpyKi

24. Craig Ismaili

@tgscraig Prestigious

Praise be to Apple Music. I assume it will be up in 7 minutes on Spotify?

25. aoftbsten

Trusted Supporter

I must have listened to Goodness Pt.1 about 100 times since it's been release. So damn good. This is my most anticipated release of the year.

Side note: I would have never discovered this band if it wasn't for AP.net. Saw them at the top of last year's end of the year list so I had to check them out. Been hooked ever since.