Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

The Hotelier - Goodness (May 27, 2016) Album • Page 319

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by Jason Tate, Feb 18, 2016.

1. ah really wanted to go but just got back in town last evening and was too beat

Leftandleaving likes this.
  2. Leftandleaving

I will be okay. everything Supporter

Come to Caracara. Fight me irl

3. Leftandleaving

I will be okay. everything Supporter

Okay I feel a little less bad now

4. Dinkleberg

Go birds Supporter

I didn't even know Ukie Club existed until last year. I'm seeing Caracara there soon and I'm excited to go to a venue I've never been at before. I've heard good things

5. Snoblin

Goblin Person Prestigious

I wonder what it’s like to live in a city that has venues that host more than 1 emo band every 14 months

6. Justin Roux

Trusted Supporter

Them: I was too tired so I changed my mind and didn’t go to the gig

Me: So if I leave work at 4:00 I can get to the venue I can get there in time for the opener and then if I leave a little early I can hopefully get back by 1:00

jols and Snoblin like this.
  7. Snoblin

Goblin Person Prestigious

Huge feeling. Before Milwaukee had X-ray that was pretty much me going to any show in the Chicago area. Now I live in New Orleans which has great venues but no bands want to stop here.

Justin Roux likes this.
  8. US Camera

A Humble Snail Prestigious

David from Gulfer called it “Everybody Hits for Zoomers” and he was rly spot on

9. Drewski

Maybe so, maybe not.

This lineup is bananas.

10. seimagery

instagram.com/thekissingglow/

That's an insane lineup. So glad they're touring again.

11. abear182

Regular

Must be getting a decent pay day! Getting to Japan won't be cheap.

bobby_runs and SteveLikesMusic like this.
  12. bradpetrik

Trusted Prestigious

That makes Riot Fest much less likely and I'm ok with that.

Guess I'm going to Japan.

13. JaytotheGee

Trusted Prestigious

I'm curious to see if they've gotten bigger than they were. Getting on this website during their golden era you would think they were the biggest band ever and then every time I saw them they played to like 50-100 people. And now their openers are all selling out 400-500 cap rooms

14. bradpetrik

Trusted Prestigious

I get the feeling that they carry a bit of the American Football ethos around them (before getting back together). They've been mentioned by members of huge bands as being a band they enjoyed or were influenced by - Matty Healy being the prime example in my head right now - and I'm sure some people have given them a shot and grown to love them.

seimagery likes this.
  15. OhTheWater

Let it run Supporter

This has overtaken Astral Weeks as my go-to spring album. Remains perfect in every way. A triumph, a high point for the genre. All the other hyperbolic shit I usually say.

16. Drewski

Maybe so, maybe not.

This is fascinating because I consider Astral Weeks to be the essential autumn album.

17. OhTheWater

Let it run Supporter

I think it suits both transitional seasons pretty perfectly. I just link it more with spring due to the rain/garden/birth and rebirth imagery present throughout the record. Moondance is my fall album.

Drewski likes this.
  18. Drewski

Maybe so, maybe not.

All good points. Saint Dominic's Preview feels pretty spring to my ears with how bouncy some of those tracks are—Jackie Wilson Said, Gypsy, title track, and the criminally underrated Redwood Tree.

Either way, this is all reminding me that I need to listen to my VMP press of Veedon Fleece that I finally secured and received yesterday ayyyyy.

OhTheWater likes this.
  19. imthegrimace

the poster formally known as thesheriff Supporter

what's this astral weeks album?

20. imthegrimace

the poster formally known as thesheriff Supporter

jk jk

OhTheWater and chris like this.
  21. OotyPa

fall away Supporter

Graceland is a big spring record for me, and As Tall As Lions s/t.

22. Elder Lightning

A lightning bolt without a cloud in the sky Supporter

This is an album I don't associate with any particular season, but I could associate with any of the seasons.

Bartek T. likes this.
  23. oncenowagain

“the whole world’s ending” “honey it already did” Prestigious

This is an album that I associate with transcendence so the seasons matter not

Elder Lightning likes this.
  24. Badtasteinmusic

Regular

Spring album for me, but also GOAT any time.

It'saDoneDeal likes this.
  25. Supernova

Prayers/Triangles Prestigious

Total late Spring, full Summer album for me. Hot, full sun, birds chirping, under some trees, vibin' to this album. I recall a specific day I went on a longer joyride up through a nature preserve type area when this album came out listening to this, Pup's The Dream is Over, and Thrice's TBEITBN.