Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

The Hotelier - Goodness (May 27, 2016) Album • Page 311

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by Jason Tate, Feb 18, 2016.

1. mattav152

Release My Mind, My Garden Grows

Thanks for the reminder, I almost shit a brick cuz I thought it was going to be sold out when I checked ticketmaster about 10 minutes ago. Luckily secured the goods

wisdomfordebris likes this.
  2. waking season

Trusted Prestigious

By far their best work

3. OhTheWater

Let it run Supporter

By far the best work out of this wave of music

Iago and cherrywaves like this.
  4. nohandstoholdonto Nov 13, 2021
    (Last edited: Nov 13, 2021)
    nohandstoholdonto

problem addict Prestigious

I will always have qualms with it I think, but overall I think it’s very good. very few albums have ever resonated with me as strongly emotionally as HLNPIT, so that’s always been The One to me

5. spookymulder

iambirthdaydad.bandcamp.com

I think they are both perfect records but one is sad and the other is happy. Personally I prefer Goodness

Leftandleaving likes this.
  6. OotyPa

fall away Supporter

Goodness is the one for me. Also, I wouldn’t call it happy as much as it’s hopeful / grateful.

danielm123 and Leftandleaving like this.
  7. oncenowagain

“the whole world’s ending” “honey it already did” Prestigious

I find myself returning to Goodness more often now than any other time since it’s release.

8. Leftandleaving

I will be okay. everything Supporter

I agree that goodness is the easier listen but it’s still probably clear which I prefer

9. Friendjamin

Regular Supporter

For a long time, I thought Goodness was pretty average but after a few years I found myself coming to it again and again, more than almost any other album. Something about the vibe hits my heart just right. Now it’s one of my very favorites.
    I really love HLNPIT too but probably not as much as Goodness. I had liked the album before, but it really hit me when quarantine had just started. My job at an outpatient mental health clinic cut my hours in half but let me take extra shifts at their inpatient center for teens in the next town over. The commute was exactly long enough to listen to HLNPIT and the desperation in that album really mirrored the desperation I felt from the patients while working at the facility.
    The “might have learned how to swim, never taught how to drown” line was especially poignant as I was trying to teach the kids how to drown in a way

10. LessThanTrevor

Trusted Prestigious

I love each album probably the same but for different reasons for where I was at in life when they came out.

Leftandleaving likes this.
  11. SpyKi

You must fix your heart Supporter

I think Goodness is a more unique and interesting record but Home is way too emotionally resonant with me to not be my favourite. I hope they make more music some day.

12. LessThanTrevor

Trusted Prestigious

Seeing them play 8 Seconds in Gainesville at FEST and having the whole crowd sing SO FUCKING LOUD to every song (except "Sun" because it wasn't out yet) is hands down one of my favorite memories. I think of it daily. I even told my lady today that if god is real, that was the only time I felt close to god. Never have I had that feeling from any band while seeing them live. The whole room screaming that first "FUCK!" and then losing our minds and emotions.

13. ItsAndrew

Prestigious Prestigious

Do y’all like the debut?

14. cherrywaves

Trusted

It Never Goes Out or We Are All Alone?

15. ItsAndrew

Prestigious Prestigious

It Never Goes Out but I’d be curious on opinions on both

16. OhTheWater

Let it run Supporter

INGO is their 2nd best

waking season likes this.
  17. cherrywaves

Trusted

^^agreed

And I really like the last song on We Are All Alone

18. JaytotheGee

Trusted Prestigious

INGO is top tier

Nite Ratz, Weathered and Title Track are 3 of their best songs imo

19. nohandstoholdonto

problem addict Prestigious

I don’t think INGO is all that good personally, find it amateurish in almost every respect except maybe lyrically (which is generally not the focal point w me for music, tho this band’s lyrics have always managed to stand out to me). then again, it’s been about 5 years since I have given it a shot probably so maybe I’ll give it another sometime soon.

20. LessThanTrevor

Trusted Prestigious

The growth between INGO to HLNPIT is absolutely amazing. INGO was my introduction to them. Weathered will always be a jam.

21. Elder Lightning

A lightning bolt without a cloud in the sky Supporter

Goodness is a masterpiece and HLNPIT is its prelude.

22. oncenowagain

“the whole world’s ending” “honey it already did” Prestigious

I find Home and Goodness to be incomparable to INGO. Those 2 albums are on a different level.

23. Gnarly Charlie

Good guy, but a bad dude

Took me awhile to enjoy INGO. Still think Home is their best.

nohandstoholdonto likes this.
  24. SpyKi

You must fix your heart Supporter

It Never Goes Out is a really great album with a couple of their best songs. I don't think it's on the same level as the other two though.

OotyPa and nohandstoholdonto like this.
  25. Leftandleaving

I will be okay. everything Supporter

it never goes out is really good. i can understand not liking it as much tho. we are all alone isnt great

nohandstoholdonto likes this.