Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

The Hot Sauce Thread • Page 67

Discussion in 'General Forum' started by Anthony_, Aug 2, 2017.

1. bedwettingcosmo

i like bands who can't sing good Supporter

2. bedwettingcosmo

kind of makes me sad how dead this thread has become.

estebanwaseaten and coleslawed like this.
  3. estebanwaseaten

Trusted

Currently rocking some Hank Sauce Exit 17 and Chile Lengua Del Fuego Turmeric Bomb in our fridge. I'll ride or die for Hank Sauce and Exit 17 is a light and pleasant green sauce with serranos, tarragon, and cilantro. Wish I liked the Turmeric Bomb more but it's still good. Just very complex and the Honduran hard liquor is a nice touch

Joe, bedwettingcosmo and OhTheWater like this.
  4. billyboatman

Hopelessly Hopeful

I need to get me some more yellow bird. Been really loving that lately.

cashlion likes this.
  5. Adoboloco Maui No Ka Oi and Melinda's Scotch Bonnet have been my go-to's for a while now. Been wanting to find a good serrano-based sauce so I may give that Exit 17 a go.

6. Forgot to post this last time we had a wing night. Enjoyed all of these, but I will definitely be re-upping on some more Marie Sharp’s. I bought 3 bottles: Fiery Habanero (pictured below), Garlic Habanero, and Green Cactus Habanero. All of them were excellent. Thank you to whoever mentioned them in this thread.

5CD3E336-F70C-4692-B48C-BDE7A3D8F953.jpeg

7. Helloelloallo

Trusted Supporter

20230318_182947.jpg These are both amazing. Not pictured - the habanero carrot

8. riotspray

Trusted Prestigious

Guys: Episode 6- Hot Sauce Guys with Nick Wiger and Mike Mitchell (The Doughboys)

9. billyboatman

Hopelessly Hopeful

I need to try that Serrano Yellowbird.

anyone know how long hot sauces last if they aren’t open? I’ve had these for a couple years now.. which I’d like to try

upload_2023-3-22_20-28-28.jpeg

10. coleslawed

Eat Pizza

depends on the sauce but most are shelf stable unopened.

billyboatman likes this.
  11. Allthegiganticthings

Regular

As a fellow hot sauce lover, I came here just to share how much my tolerance for spicy sauces has gone up. I now find myself dousing certain foods in habanero sauce (the one from Trader Joe’s) whereas a year ago just a drop of the stuff would make me tear up. TJs stopped carrying the jalapeño sauce for whatever reason so I defaulted to habanero and it’s amazing how much more I can take. Still can be painful but that’s what I deserve with a tablespoon on a street taco. Cheers.

LightWithoutHeat likes this.
  12. LightWithoutHeat

You're not a teammate on my team

I’m a big fan of that TJ’s habanero sauce.

13. chewbacca110

He wrenches on it. He thinks it's his.

Cleaning off the grill and decided to go hard on a bevy of Heatonist sauces for the summer. Only ever had Aardvark and Los Calientes, but they’re some of my favs. Anyone had any of the others and what did you put it on?

BC59DAF7-85F4-4A13-BA23-32FDA9F4C611.png

14. coleslawed

Eat Pizza

really want to try the new Maple Chili Classic.

trevorshmevor likes this.
  15. Anthony Brooks

brook183 Supporter

Yellowbird Plum Reaper is insanely good

billyboatman likes this.
  16. ooo I gotta try that, I love their Habanero and Serrano sauces

Anthony Brooks likes this.
  17. DeviantRogue

Take arms, it'll all blow over Prestigious

Son of Zombie is my go-to sauce.

18. Anthony Brooks

brook183 Supporter

Picked mine up at REI

coleslawed likes this.
  19. chewbacca110

He wrenches on it. He thinks it's his.

Follow up: The Korn sauce is FANTASTIC. Smoky, sweet, and a smooth heat that gives your gullet a nice tickle. Underwhelmed by the Banjee Ranch, mostly from an overall taste profile. Tried it on a chicken nugget and didn't care for it but it was better on a piece of roasted broccoli. Can't wait to put the Dill Pickle Serrano and Jalapeno Cilantro on burgers and dogs this summer.

Joe likes this.
  20. estebanwaseaten

Trusted

Love seeing this thread active again!

chewbacca110 likes this.
  21. bedwettingcosmo

recently bought this off heatonist. pretty tasty and has some good spice.

[​IMG]

trevorshmevor, Kistler, Joe and 3 others like this.
  22. billyboatman

Hopelessly Hopeful

I think Taco Bell is selling an item on their menu with Yellowbird.

23. SEANoftheDEAD

Trusted

Not sure if this is old news or not but I was in Wal Mart last night and they had Hot Ones sauce. Didnt know they carried it!

24. estebanwaseaten

Trusted

Got brave enough to open up a bottle of Torchbearer's The Rapture and it's lighting me up. Still tasty though. Solid line of natural sauces.

coleslawed likes this.
  25. coleslawed

Eat Pizza

i think they had an exclusive wing kit a few years back, too. had their three levels of sauces.

SEANoftheDEAD likes this.