Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

The Hot Sauce Thread • Page 64

Discussion in 'General Forum' started by Anthony_, Aug 2, 2017.

1. Ken

entrusted Prestigious

Agreed. Crystal would be my pick, but out of these four, I'd pick Cholula. Maybe Tapatio. I'd pick Valentina or El Yucateco over both of those Mexican hot sauces, but they aren't as common. Tobasco & Sriracha just aren't versatile enough to compete even though I do like them.

coleslawed and Mr. Serotonin like this.
  2. MattNCheeze

Trusted

B36C7665-D41A-48FA-A09A-4AD95AA68A9F.jpeg

real excited to try these and ignore all chili oil stains

coleslawed and estebanwaseaten like this.
  3. estebanwaseaten

Trusted

The Hot Thai Green is great. Been wondering about their Truffle sauce but haven't had it. Supremely interested in the Wicked Weed and Pittsburgh Pickle.

coleslawed likes this.
  4. Mr. Serotonin

I'm still staring down the sun Prestigious

Thankfully these are both in most major grocery stores in my area :praise:

Ken likes this.
  5. Matt

Living with the land Supporter

nothing worse than asking for hot sauce at a restaurant and getting a bottle of Tabasco

6. bedwettingcosmo

i like bands who can't sing good Supporter

cholula fo sho

7. Mr. Serotonin

I'm still staring down the sun Prestigious

I just splash a drop in each eye when the waiter brings me Tobasco and stare right at him and say "Bring me a real hot sauce"

And that's not true, but it'd be kinda funny and prolly help break up his/her workday.

8. trevorshmevor Aug 10, 2021
    (Last edited: Aug 10, 2021)
    Valentina black is home for me, but out of those four I’d say Tapatio

9. Ken

entrusted Prestigious

Unless I'm eating raw bivalve molluscan shellfish, I agree.

coleslawed likes this.
  10. mattav152

Release My Mind, My Garden Grows

Only time tabasco is acceptable is with seafood, more specifically stuffed quahogs.

Also sriracha sauces can be good, but as a brand sriracha is overrated as hell imo, the yellowbird agave one is fire.

Otherwise if I had to choose a table sauce (not on that list of 4) I'd go Valentina black label any day of the week.

Anthony Brooks likes this.
  11. estebanwaseaten

Trusted

I give respect to the og Tabasco. It's an institution! Gotta say though, I strongly prefer almost any of the variants to the original. Scorpion Tabasco is also no joke. Shout out to the Yellowbird sriracha as well, it is fantastic.

12. OhTheWater

Let it run Supporter

Green Tabasco on white pizza is good

13. phaynes12

https://expertfrowner.bandcamp.com/ Prestigious

chipotle tobasco is quite good

14. mattav152 Aug 13, 2021
    (Last edited: Aug 13, 2021)
    mattav152

Release My Mind, My Garden Grows

Elijah ep is a great watch

15. Damn, yeah that was a great episode. What a charismatic guy

coleslawed likes this.
  16. Got all those sauces today. Both the Heartbeat ones and the Burn After Eating are a recommend. BAE has a much stronger kick than I expected. The others were fine, nothing to write home about. Kolohe Kid in particular just wasn’t really my thing — not big on super thin, runny sauces

coleslawed likes this.
  17. Anthony Brooks

brook183 Supporter

My wife got me a bottle of heartbeat red habanero while she was in Canada. So good!!

phaynes12 and trevorshmevor like this.
  18. username

hey you lil piss baby

After using it for quite a few weeks now, I think the High Desert Tikk-hot Masala is the best sauce I’ve ever had. Anyone know of anything similar, maybe something a little more mild? Love this one but I do find it very spicy for my tolerance level so I never end up using that much at a time.

(My previous favourite was the Ontario-local Do Fear the Reaper from Salem’s Lott which I highly recommend if people haven’t tried it)

trevorshmevor likes this.
  19. bedwettingcosmo

where did you buy it? everywhere i see says available soon

20. estebanwaseaten

Trusted

The first time I used Tikk-hot Masala, I was completely unaware of the heat level and I dumped a bunch on some microwavable Indian I brought to work and it hit me hard haha. Sauce is incredible though. I would definitely recommend Dawson's Shawarma sauce also

trevorshmevor and username like this.
  21. username

hey you lil piss baby

The High Desert sauce? I bought it from Heatonist but it was a few months ago now.

22. bedwettingcosmo

looks like its on backorder. put in my order though. sounds delicious

23. Matt

Living with the land Supporter

i had tikka masala for lunch today and now i need to buy that sauce

24. coleslawed

Eat Pizza

i opened a flip-top bottle of sauce today (this one) and a tiny splash got into my eye and i thought i was gonna die for about 30 seconds.

Mr. Serotonin likes this.
  25. phaynes12

https://expertfrowner.bandcamp.com/ Prestigious

love that feeling